Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise in Plot Ideas: Describe a popular movie in terms of a Exalted campaign idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise in Plot Ideas: Describe a popular movie in terms of a Exalted campaign idea

The greater the difference in genre of the movie the more fun it would be. Don't spoil the movie. Let people guess.

The storyteller is making you actually RP out your starting skills and merits this time. Shit.
    Resources 5, Bureaucracy 4, Presence 5? Ok, I guess I'm a king. I can't be a king? Ok, um, well I have War 3. I guess I'm a warlord. I picked up sorcery too. And crafting. I'm still a Presence supernal. I have Followers at max rank, and some other stuff, Lore, Languages, Socialize. I picked Manse too. And Artifact. Its right here on…

Oh, I dont have enough. Ok, well i wrote the character around that so… oh, yeah. I lost them. The Manse is weakened and I lost the Artifact. Followers too. I guess I will rebuild them.

*Rolls*

Ok, I have my army up and going. Now, to refurnish the Manse. I designed a Heartstone that lets me use All Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight through it with Awareness charms.

Now, I just need to find the artifact and we can begin.

*Rolls*

Oh god, you're kidding. Mortals have it?

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

I presume that's Lord of the Rings, with Sauron as a PC?

Comment

all the PCs are warstrider pilots. A nearby portal spits out a steady stream of ever-larger behemoths that you must fight to the death to protect everyone around you.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

The first one could also be new Connan, the other one 'atlantic edge'?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiikragg View Post
            The first one could also be new Connan
            I suppose, though I don't remember the "Manse" (i.e. those Acheronian ruins) having any sort of personal connection to the villain, or him using much in the way of scrying.

the other one 'atlantic edge'?
            It was something similar to this... Indian Precipice?

Comment

Originally posted by Morangias View Post
              I suppose, though I don't remember the "Manse" (i.e. those Acheronian ruins) having any sort of personal connection to the villain, or him using much in the way of scrying.

It was something similar to this... Indian Precipice?
              I was thinking the wired house thing pulled by slaves.
              Maybe Mediterranean Circumference?

Comment

To get the thread back on track...
                An Man lost in his persona's memories fights a rebellion, with the help of wyld mutants, in a red sand desert

Comment

Hmmm... I feel like I should remember that one but I totally can’t recall it.

Comment

oh, oh a two-fer :
                    A Paragon of Justice in Shining Armour, replaced by something worse in everyway but now his armour is black.

Comment

To get the thread back on track...
                      An Man lost in his persona's memories fights a rebellion, with the help of wyld mutants, in a red sand desert
                      I feel like this would be Total Recall

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

A Liminal wakes up just in time to see his creator snatched away. He engages in a desperate and bloody chase to free them. He meets one recurring character who brutally dies with each scene he's in, yet still manages to show up again. And the poor Liminal bastard doesn't even have a mouth.

Comment

oh, oh a two-fer :
                          A Paragon of Justice in Shining Armour, replaced by something worse in everyway but now his armour is black.
                          Spiderman 3?

Comment

A young farmer receives a missive from a king rebelling against the Mask of Winter, asking for the help of a great heroine. He stumbles upon the heroine in question, an old gold faction sidereal hiding in the desert, exalts when her family is killed by the Mask's troops, and with the help of a night caste pirate and her trusty beastman sidekick, they go rescue the king, now captured by a terrible Dusk Caste clad in Soulsteel armor.

Plot twist : the Dusk Caste is the young Solar's mother.
                            Last edited by LeTipex; 09-26-2018, 04:41 PM.

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
                            Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                            I do maps for your games!
                            Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

here's one

Retired DB agent of the All-Seeing-Eye (Realm secret police) is trying to reconnect to his estranged daughter who with her mother and wealthy patrician step-father, but one day while she's in Nexus on a shopping trip she's kidnapped by guild slavers!

Cue a madcap hunt through the realm and the east, as the DB has to infiltrate, expose and destroy the business operations of the cruel and corrupt guild factor who has his daughter up for auction.

Here's another:

A young child is born with a supernatural sense of smell - but his destitute mother leaves him for dead. One abyssal exaltation later he 'grows up' and finds himself endowed with supernatural abilities to craft the captivating fragrances. Ultimatley obsessed with producing the perfect scent, he begins kidnapping and murdering women to steal their scent - spreading death and madness in his wake as he labors to finish his masterpiece: a scent so all-consuming that it will make anyone who smells it love the wearer...

and a third:
                              Young and hopeful DB arrives in the Imperial city, fresh from the House of the Bells - first of her otherwise lowly family to ever exalt and make anything of herself. She gets a job with The Guardians of the Realm, but due to her extremely low-born background she's largely ignored and initially sent to police incorrectly parked carriages and mounts. Humiliated, she takes it in stride and one day during her patrols manages to run down a thief who stole... some worthless flower bulbs. Later she meets a street-wise hustler who infuriates her endlessly, but after getting herself attached to an impossible to solve case, with her job on the line, she manages to force the hustler to help her solve the case. What ensues is a deep dive down a rabbit-hole of conspiracy, demonic poison that maddens those afflicted, and corruption at the highest tier of the imperial city's government. Will the young guardian be able to keep the peace and solve the mystery, or will she accidentally finger the wrong magistrate and plunge the city into chaos?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X