Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could a solar queen use and treat Dragonblooded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the other hand, you don't want to push too fast. Making them fight their own relatives might erode their loyalty fast.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Ecery time I see this thread bumped, I look at the title, see the words "use and treat", and it always makes me think "it's good to be the queen" 😈

Comment

Originally posted by Alonne View Post
        Um, yeah, title pretty much describes my question.

The players are Dragonblooded and to my surprise have decided to join a solar queen. I'm unsure how to proceed now. Especially the position of the Dragonblooded in the kingdom and how a solar would use and treat them.
        Well, how would a royal treat a guest that could be either a valuable enemy or a valuable ally, and very unlikely will be apathetic?

What does she know of the dragon blooded? What can she give them? How can she entice them? How can she safeguard herself against their threat?
        What can they do? What is their price? How likely are they to remain loyal?
        What does the queen need done that would demand exalted might?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          On the other hand, you don't want to push too fast. Making them fight their own relatives might erode their loyalty fast.
          It's probably best for the Solar to send the DBs against a threat she can reasonably assume they already agree on to start with---the ravenous dead, rampaging beasts, Wyld gribblies, mortal bandits. Build up that working relationship, feel out what can be asked when and why.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post

Well, how would a royal treat a guest that could be either a valuable enemy or a valuable ally, and very unlikely will be apathetic?
            Just to examine that question from the other side... what if she's not entirely aware, yet, what her royal potential might be? The DB Circle might become the ones to guide her into a wise dominion, in a world full of savage and cruel influences that would otherwise guide her into tyranny.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Regarding cult indoctrination: The time for "pitting inductees against their loved ones" is before joining, as a requirement to join in the first place (e.g. fraternities/sororities), or after a period of indoctrination through community-building. The first is only for established organizations that can plausibly say they don't need you because people are clambering to join. The latter is how you bring in valuable members.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                Ecery time I see this thread bumped, I look at the title, see the words "use and treat", and it always makes me think "it's good to be the queen" 😈
                Which is why I'm particularly pleased that it took two pages before we got some variation of "make them fuck".

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Working...
                X