I'm going to run a PBP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to run a PBP

I'm planning to set up another play-by-post and would like to see what people are interested in. I'm already running a game set in the West, and since all my games are part of the same overall canon, I want to avoid the West to avoid direct conflict with that game. I also want to largely avoid the North because I recently came off running a three-year game set there. It would probably take place somewhere around RY 778 (which is the current time in my other game). The current Empress is V'neef and the war has officially ended (though factions and political players are still scheming).

What I would like to know is:

- Is there any interest?
    - Where in Creation should it take place?
    - Should it be Solars, Dragon-Bloods, or both?
    - What website should be used for the game? I'm used to RPoL and prefer using that because its functionality is far superior than any other pbp site I've seen, but it's difficult finding players for Exalted there. That's why I'm posting here. If you're not already a member on that site, you can't join games with the adult tag, so I may skip that tag if interested people are willing to sign up for that site. If you recommend other sites you think are better, I'm interested in checking them out.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
    - Is there any interest?
    Very yes.

- Where in Creation should it take place?
    Anywhere’s fine.

- Should it be Solars, Dragon-Bloods, or both?
    Any of the above.

- What website should be used for the game?
    RPoL’s fine.

If you're not already a member on that site, you can't join games with the adult tag, so I may skip that tag if interested people are willing to sign up for that site.
    Last I checked you need to sign up period (as with... most other RP sites) and adult-tag clearance is only one seconds-long extra step after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      Last I checked you need to sign up period (as with... most other RP sites) and adult-tag clearance is only one seconds-long extra step after that.
      Not sure if they have changed it, but I think it was a two-week wait or something before to get that clearance.

Comment

Was like a day for me.

Comment

I would be up for PCing on a PbP game, especially a DB one. I like RPol well enough.

If you're not sure on where in Creation to set it... North and West are out, and I am a bit Dreaming Sea'd out after my last game there. I'd be down for Southern or Eastern adventures, though.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
          -Roger Zelazny

Comment

South could actually be interesting in my game setting. During the civil war, one of Cathak Cainan's daughters reneged from the Realm with one of the Cathak legions. She ended up fighting wars in the South and eventually killed the Perfect of Paragon, taking his scepter for herself. She has now made a dominion in the South that refuses to accept V'neef as Empress, and she's more or less biding her time to one day rise as a Shogun. It would definitely be a different South experience compared to the canon material.

Comment

Just started the game for anyone interested!

Comment

I'd be interested, especially in a DB game. I'll take a closer look when I'm back from work.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=72536"]Just started the game for anyone interested![/URL]
                  Is there going to be a premise/opening scenario or at least a more specific location added at some point?

Comment

There is more info about that in the RTJ details. But you are free to apply with pretty much anything South-related and I'll build a premise around the characters later.

Comment

Mhhm it tells me that I have to wait two weeks to access a game with the adult tag with a newly registered account.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Tought that would be the case. I may remove the adult tag.

Comment

Tought that would be the case. I may remove the adult tag.
                          If need be maybe it could be added back in later? No experience with RPoL.

Personally I'd prefer playing Dragon-Blooded over Solars. Geographically I think I'd prefer South over the East, but can arrange myself with either.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Well, I think I've thrown you some concepts. I'm not used to RPoL, so I apologize if I messed something up.

Comment

Working...
                            X