No announcement yet.

The Princess's Crown (Artifact 3 Crown)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Princess's Crown (Artifact 3 Crown)

I regret nothing.

The Princess’s Crown (Artifact 3 Crown)

The Princess’s Crown is an Orichalcum crown that once adjourned the head of a First Age Solar King’s beloved daughter. When the Solar King’s family perished as they fled towards the wild, the crown was left forgotten in the depths of the Wyld. The tale of a Princess gathering power to take revenge upon those who struck down her father rife with potential, countless Rahska “princesses of chaos” called their crown their own during numerous political schemes and daring military feats. After the Balorian Crusade the crown found its way into the Scavenger Lands where it has been put to use by clever thieves ever since.

The crown appears to be a bright golden colour with a soft pink center. Upon wearing the crown the wearer immediately turns into a female in their mid 20’s, their clothing immediately changing into a more regal version of themselves. So long as one keeps the crown on then those around them automatically believe the wearer to be a Princess of a nearby country. Even in the country itself people always act as if the wearer was a princess of their country all along. Shaking off this believe involves having direct evidence presented against the wearer and going into a decision point.

The appearance of the Princess can change, but she will always appear to be human-ish. A wolf beastman wearing the crown for example might turn into a princess wearing a wolf pelt dress with wolf ears and tail.

SIDEBAR: Why can’t the crown turn people into Princes?

I fail to understand why you’d ask such a question.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Where are the evocations?

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
      Where are the evocations?
      It's just the one. Didn't feel like making many.

Comment

Beast to Beauty Acuity: Owing either to the original daughter's hideous appearence or the malevolence of the Fair Folk, the *Crown* has become like a mirror of inversion. Wearers with the Hideous trait are made beautifu (the Hideous trait is temporarily supressed) and their Appearence increases by 1 dot as long as they wear and are attuned to the *Crown*. Furthermore, all manner of non-human creatures (such as beastmen, dragons, elementals, demons, spirits, and so on) wearing the *Crown* become human shaped and have their Appearence raised by 2 dots instead of 1.

Queen For A Day: All who look upon the Princess acknowledge her birthrite. When conduct Queen like affairs or enforcing Regal matters of state, the bearer of the *Crown* rerolls 1s until 1s do not appear on Bereaucracy, Presence, or Socialize as appropriate.

Suitor Stealing Methadology: The Darkest power of the *Crown*. The bearer may attempt a seduction check against any potential suitor or scorned lover, with Double 8s on the seduction attempt. Furthermore, if the suitor has been denied in their own seduction attempt with the Scene, the bearer gains an Automatic success and may pay one willpower to bestow the Major Tie of "My True Desire is The Princess" reflecting their affection.

Imitator Attracting Effect: Other mostrous beings are attracted to this Crown and its power. Any who witness or hear about a successful seduction attempt using Suitor Stealing Methadology gain a minor tie of "I desire the Crown for myself". This effect only applies to nonhumans as outlined in Beast To Beauty Acuity.

Also I hate that this was made and I hate myself for supporting it. Princess Kukla best waifu!

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

You are all madmen and this is brilliant.
          Somebody should now make a youtube video of princesses to the tune of Emperor's New Clothes by Panic at the Disco, just to cap this thread.

Popping in from time to time.

Comment

I dunno. That base power feels more like a level 4 effect to me. I could buy level 3 if the belief was specified to be more along the lines of a Minor Principle of "Hey, she looks just like royalty from ...somewhere." or an otherwise vague aura of "princessness" that had roughly the level of influence as a Minor Intimacy. As written, it's unclear how much it should affect a target and it's really hard to get rid of, which makes me concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              I dunno. That base power feels more like a level 4 effect to me. I could buy level 3 if the belief was specified to be more along the lines of a Minor Principle of "Hey, she looks just like royalty from ...somewhere." or an otherwise vague aura of "princessness" that had roughly the level of influence as a Minor Intimacy. As written, it's unclear how much it should affect a target and it's really hard to get rid of, which makes me concerned.
              I thought about upping it a bit as well. What made me stick it at 3 is that while IN THEORY you could walk into a Great House as a Princess, Dragonblooded/Sidereals would be quick to call out your bullshit. Threshold regions are far more stable with it.

Plus I made it in like five minutes as an attempt to trol- as a special request.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                Also I hate that this was made and I hate myself for supporting it. Princess Kukla best waifu!
                No, you have brought good to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Gala Defactor. Artifact 3 for just the effect of "become a pretty girl" and "look like a princess" is much less than AotC is pushing. The evocations I wrote barely elevate it beyond a narrow focus, which is still less then half the artifact weapons.

Also it turns you into a fetish waifu monstergirl. Which is an ability that should be free if not mandatory for all npcs

/s

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Also, I feel like we might want to address how this crown works on Ghosts, because my understanding is that getting Materialize is a really big deal for them. If it can grant them something akin to a human body again, that probably deserves it's own Evocation. Possibly even a separate artifact. Same deal to a lesser extent with other naturally immaterial spirits.

As for animals and such things...

Queenly Insight Acumen (Requires Beast to Beauty Acuity): A Princess should be well mannered and keen of wit at all times. Add 1 charm die to all Intelligence or Wits rolls while using the crown. If your intellect is other than human (that of an animal, rock, animate color, etc.) you gain an intellect equivalent to that of a mature human with Intelligence 3 and Wits 3, forgoing the previous bonus.

Bestowing the Empyreal Honor: An attuned user of the crown may, with a suitably solemn action taken to place the crown on a consenting target, activate the affect on the target along with any evocations the attuned user has personally awakened, paying any necessary costs out of the attuned user's mote pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post

I thought about upping it a bit as well. What made me stick it at 3 is that while IN THEORY you could walk into a Great House as a Princess, Dragonblooded/Sidereals would be quick to call out your bullshit. Threshold regions are far more stable with it.

Plus I made it in like five minutes as an attempt to trol- as a special request.
                      Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

Gala Defactor. Artifact 3 for just the effect of "become a pretty girl" and "look like a princess" is much less than AotC is pushing. The evocations I wrote barely elevate it beyond a narrow focus, which is still less then half the artifact weapons.

Also it turns you into a fetish waifu monstergirl. Which is an ability that should be free if not mandatory for all npcs

/s
                      I still say that the Belief it imposes should count as an intimacy of a specified intensity, just to more explicitly engage with the social mechanics. If it's Minor, I'll agree that a rank 3 artifact is appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post
                        I regret nothing.

The Princess’s Crown (Artifact 3 Crown)

The Princess’s Crown is an Orichalcum crown that once adjourned the head of a First Age Solar King’s beloved daughter. When the Solar King’s family perished as they fled towards the wild, the crown was left forgotten in the depths of the Wyld. The tale of a Princess gathering power to take revenge upon those who struck down her father rife with potential, countless Rahska “princesses of chaos” called their crown their own during numerous political schemes and daring military feats. After the Balorian Crusade the crown found its way into the Scavenger Lands where it has been put to use by clever thieves ever since.

The crown appears to be a bright golden colour with a soft pink center. Upon wearing the crown the wearer immediately turns into a female in their mid 20’s, their clothing immediately changing into a more regal version of themselves. So long as one keeps the crown on then those around them automatically believe the wearer to be a Princess of a nearby country. Even in the country itself people always act as if the wearer was a princess of their country all along. Shaking off this believe involves having direct evidence presented against the wearer and going into a decision point.

The appearance of the Princess can change, but she will always appear to be human-ish. A wolf beastman wearing the crown for example might turn into a princess wearing a wolf pelt dress with wolf ears and tail.

SIDEBAR: Why can’t the crown turn people into Princes?

I fail to understand why you’d ask such a question.
                        So then Octavian finds the crown and becomes a sensation over night... followed by a hungry ghost who is not quite the same level of amazing?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Judging by the effect on Boos, it would turn a ghost into a ghostly princess.

Comment

Of course this exists. Ah Internet, never change.

Comment

Working...
                            X