Beyond Or Wyld

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Or Wyld

So for an upcoming game, I'm working on a person possessed by a 3rd Circle Soul of Oramus. Given Oramus's themes, I figured some accidental mutation effects would be in order. However, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the Dragon's warping from the Wylds mutations?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

That's tricky because before the beyond existed the wyld was trying to encompass all weirdness, I think you need to define what the wyld is to first even if that contradicts canon sources.

The Freedom Stone is back

Comment

that could be interesting, under normal circumstances the possessed seems like any other person, maybe a little odd sure but well within what could be called normal. now under stressful situations I could see some body horror/mutations that comes along the way the anime parasyte

Comment

Well what's the 3rd circle that's doing the possession? That helps narrow things down a bit since there's a difference in themes represented by a third circle. I think one of Kimberry's thirds is basically an insanely chaotic blood red moon, and another is a more humanoid appearing general who can erode fortress walls by glaring at them.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
          Well what's the 3rd circle that's doing the possession? That helps narrow things down a bit since there's a difference in themes represented by a third circle. I think one of Kimberry's thirds is basically an insanely chaotic blood red moon, and another is a more humanoid appearing general who can erode fortress walls by glaring at them.
          It's a portion of the Unfettered Heart actually!
          ...Oramus has exactly 2 detailed 3rd circles (Skittering Jungle and the one who mutates people by passing by them). Which...maybe should have been chosen.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Don't know hoow much this has been adressed, but a major element of Oramus and its souls seems to be the subject of contradictions, things that show themselves to be the "opposite" of what they are "supposed" to, such as a jungle that moves, because its "trees" are actually metal insects that play at immobility to catch prey, seeming cllockwork beings with bowels of metal and dark oily blood and ichors, a multitude that yet is one unique being.

What if when, it comes to a soul of Oramus', the possessed shapes the possession? The mortal invites the demon in, so it may shape into reality insane dreams beyond the reach of the possessed? Just a funny rambling thought of mine, "In Oramus' possession, demon is taken over by you.", so to speak.

But a little more into the topic, could this 2e blurb related to Benezet, the Gardener of Identities, be of interest/relevance to the subject?

Originally posted by CoCD:Malfeas, pg.118
            When an artist or craftsman creates something truly unique, something never seen in Creation, Benezet may emerge from the demon prison without sorcery.
            Anyway Benezet i guess sounds like the go-to demon for whatever twisted ideas and imagery the OP might have in mind.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 10-13-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X