Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's make a flower of despair bloom (Spring Razor Green Jade Artifact 4 Daiklave)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's make a flower of despair bloom (Spring Razor Green Jade Artifact 4 Daiklave)

I needed a warmup before starting the Alchemical Combat charm remake anywho.

Spring Razor (Artifact 4 Green Jade Daiklave)

This a remake of Spring Razor in order to match current Arms of the Chosen standards. We all know the fluff of it already, so let’s just dive into it shall we?

Sidebar: Can I make this into a bow instead?
    The bow version of this artifact is called the Green Death. It functionally has the same charms. At least until some other artifact comes out.

Attunement: 5m
    Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12L DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 5)
    Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
    Hearthstone slot(s): 1, in the pommel
    Era: Sometime during the Shogunate

Attunement: Any character resonant to Jade/Green Jade may learn the charm Howling Lotus Strike for free. Exigents relating to the purview of plants, wood, or flowers may also treat themselves as resonant with this artifact, though some such as the Chosen of Sunflowers use parasols instead.

HOWLING LOTUS STRIKE
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Decisive-Only, Resonant
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None

The Spring Razor’s tip glows green with poisonous essence where even the slightest nick dooms an opponent to their fate. The opponent immediately makes a check for poison that has the traits of Arrow Frog Venom (Page 234 Exalted Core). If using the rules for Strong-type opponents, you may apply this charm on a withering attack against Strong type opponents.

This evocation can be used without damaging the opponent for free to anyone stupid enough to lick Spring Razor. It is not advised to make this your sword-wife. Throwing it into a Tyrant Lizard’s mouth will cause it to suffer the effects of Howling Lotus Strike until it perishes.

Resonant: Instead of Arrow Frog Venom the wielder may transfer any poison she currently suffers from into the Spring Razor and subsequently into the opponent. The poison shares all the same stats as it normally does, but only the duration is whatever the wielder had left on it instead. This feature comes with a +1m surcharge.

VENOM INTENSIFYING STROKE
    Cost: 1m; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Dissonant, Stackable, Uniform
    Prerequisite Charms: Howling Lotus Strike

The Spring Razor glows a bright green with ethereal rose petals following in the blade’s wake. This charm increases the damage and duration of a single poison the target is suffering from by 1. This charm stacks, so being attacked twice increases the duration of the poison by 2 turns and damage by 2.

Dissonant: This charm may only be stacked up to (2 or Essence, higher) additional turns.

SEVEN WIDOWS VENOM
    Cost: -; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Permanent
    Keywords: None
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: Venom Intensifying Stroke

The bite of a twice scorned lover is more lethal than any known animal. This charm alters the poison from Howling Lotus Strike. Its duration cannot be lowered below a single turn.

Special Activation Conditions: This charm may be learned for free if the wielder has Appearance 4+ or a speciality in some sort of elegant fighting style for Melee. This charm cannot be learned at all by Hideous characters.

FORCING OPEN THE EYE OF BEAUTY
    Cost: - (1WP); Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: Seven Widows Venom

To the philistines who do not have an eye for the finer arts in life, one has to show them the way. This charm enhances Howling Lotus Strike. By paying a 1WP surcharge the wielder may even poison things that are immune to poison, such as Automatons and the Undead. Additionally if a creature is immune to Spring Razor’s venom, she may activate this charm to immediately create a new venom on the spot from the innumerable plant based poisons in nature, causing the opponent the need to resist it all over.

Resonant: This charm can only be learned by wielders Resonant with this weapon and Appearance 4+.

DEADLY FLOWERS BLOOMING
    Cost: 1m 1i; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Dissonant, Stackable, Uniform
    Duration: One Scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Venom Intensifying Stroke

The Spring Razor draws upon its enemy’s own life force to further power and amplify the poisons that exist within so they blossom to full bloom. This charm may only be used once per turn on the wielder’s turn, causing any successful attack (IE: Doing damage) to grow pink lotus flowers on Spring Razor and committing the cost of this charm. Once three activations have been stacked the flowers blossom into full bloom. At this point any attempt to knock the blade out of the wielders hand (including but not limited to disarm actions or Larceny charms) only knock the flowers off the blade rather than the Spring Razor out of the wielder’s hand. Additionally the duration and damage of all poisons inflicted by the Spring Razor are increased by 1.

Dissonant: The cost of this charm is 2m 2i.

DELICATE CRIMSON EXECUTION
    Cost: 5m 1WP Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Decisive-Only
    Prerequisite Charms: Deadly Flowers Blooming, Seven Widows Venom

This charm works the same as on Page 621 of the Exalted 3e Corebook.

Veins of pink-and-crimson Essence flash across Spring Razor’s edge as it makes a fateful cut, granting its target the gifts of beauty and death. After being successfully struck with this attack, flowers begin to slowly appear and blossom across the target’s body. On each of the target’s subsequent turns, these flowers lessen the duration of all poisons afflicting the target by 1, and grow closer to achieving full bloom. After consuming four intervals of poison, the flowers unfurl and flood the victim’s system with concentrated, Essence-enriched toxins, immediately inflicting poison damage equal to twice the damage they prevented by consuming intervals of active poisons. If the victim has no poison intervals in his system for the flowers to consume, their growth stalls. In either case, they sublimate into Essence at the end of the scene. This Evocation can’t be directed against the same target twice in a scene.

SWIRLING PETAL DEFENSE
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Uniform
    Prerequisite Charms: None

Both the body and blade of the wielder move with shimmering lotus petals, sowing confusion and disorientation in their wake. This charm may be used after a successful defense, releasing a spray of petals in the direction of the attacker up to close range away. If the defense is successful the assailant takes a -3 penalty to all non-reflexive dice pools and a -1 to their defense until the end of the wielder’s next turn.

If the wielder knows Essence Blossom Escape at Essence 2+ she may repurchase this charm, causing a -4 to all dicepools and a -2 penalty to the afflicted defense. This feature is gained for free if the wielder has 4 or more appearance.

Resonant: The wielder may apply the penalty to any Stamina+Resistance checks against poison.

ESSENCE BLOSSOM ESCAPE
    Cost: 4m 1WP; Mins: Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Dissonant, Perilous
    Prerequisite Charms: Swirling Pedal Defense

The wielder of the Spring Razor makes a quick leap behind her, leaving a sudden burst of lotus petals to daze and confuse those left behind. This charm may be used to supplement a disengage attempt by applying a -2 penalty to anyone contesting her. If the wielder is successful then everyone who failed is immediately subjected to Swirling Petal Defense’s penalties and the wielder regains one willpower.

Dissonant: Dissonant wielders do not gain this point of willpower.

WHIRLING PETAL STORM
    Cost: 6m 1WP; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Dissonant, Resonant
    Duration: Until the end of next turn
    Prerequisite Charms: Essence Blossom Escape

Spring Razor glows a bright pink before being swung through the air, coating the battlefield with shimmering rose petals.The wielder makes a melee attack roll against every target within short range. If successful the attack does no damage but rather everyone inside of it suffers the effects of Swirling Petal Defense’s penalties. If this attack afflicts two or more targets successfully then the user regains a single point of willpower.

If the wielder has Appearance 4+ then she adds a single automatic success on the attack roll and extends the range of this charm to medium. She needs to successful attack 3 people in order to gain the benefits of this charm.

Dissonant: Wielders do not regain the willpower used in this charm.

Resonant: The shimmering Lotus petals of essence are difficult to see through, causing anyone outside the radius of the petal storm to have a -3 penalty to any and all ranged attacks which does not stack with Swirling Petal Defense’s penalties. If this weapon is a bow then the wielder takes no penalties for shooting into the storm.

THE FLOWERING OF CREATION
    Cost: -; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
    Keywords: Resonant
    Prerequisite Charms: Delicate Crimson Execution, Whirling Petal Storm

Dying by Spring Razor may not be one of the most painful deaths one may suffer, but it is amongst the most graceful. This charm may be activated whenever an opponent suffering from Delicate Crimson Execution dies, either by the poison or by any other normal death. After a few parting words the victim explodes into a cloud of lotus petals, allowing the Exalt to activate Whirling Petal Storm reflexively. Additionally anyone affected are treated as being immediately hit by Howling Lotus Strike.

If the wielder knows Bedecked in Death and Beauty they may repurchase this charm at Essence 5. For a +4m 3i surcharge she may cause the ground below her to rapidly flower and bloom pink lotus petals out to medium range. This causes everyone inside this area minus the wielder to suffer the effects of Howling Lotus Strike every turn. If multiple people die as a result of Bedecked in Death and Beauty then the damage and the duration of the poison increases by 1 per dead body in the overlapping area (Battle groups instead use size).

Resonant: This charm is a very graceful way to die, causing all beholders to swear off death because of the noble end the Spring Razor’s wielder bequeathed to them. Upon activating this feature the wielder may instead elect to make a special Appearance + Presence roll against the Resolve of everyone present. People cannot elect to use the victim who perished as an intimacy to raise their Resolve, but any other intimacy is fine. If successful those afflicted are compelled not to take revenge against the wielder of the Spring Razor, instead seeing the death of the victim as one of the best possible ways one could leave this world. Pink Lotus petals will grow on the spot where the victim died and on top of his grave.

BEDECKED IN DEATH AND BEAUTY
    Cost: 5m 2i 1WP; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Simple
    Prerequisite Charms: Delicate Crimson Execution, Whirlwind Petal Storm

The spray of essence petals collect on a victim's skin, quickly forming flowers that lead to their demise. This charm may only be used whenever two or more people are placed under the affliction of Swirling Petal Defense’s penalty effect, generated either by it or charms that use it. Everyone affected by it immediately begins suffering the effects of Delicate Crimson Execution.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Nice to see some of the alpha version of the artifact coming back. Petal Storm!

Comment

Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
      Nice to see some of the alpha version of the artifact coming back. Petal Storm!
      Yea the alpha version was infinitely better. I just added a few improvement/condensed the tree a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post
        This a remake of Spring Razor in order to match current Arms of the Chosen standards.
        What do you mean by that?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

What do you mean by that?
          My guess: The corebook artifacts, or at least spring razor, don't match the Arms of the Chosen standards of evocation tree structure and potency.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post

My guess: The corebook artifacts, or at least spring razor, don't match the Arms of the Chosen standards of evocation tree structure and potency.

This.

10 characters.

Comment

Codebook Spring Razor is a 3-dot Artifact.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Codebook Spring Razor is a 3-dot Artifact.
                The original in the leak was four dot, so I decided to upgrade it based on that and the ideas I had for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post
                  The original in the leak was four dot, so I decided to upgrade it based on that and the ideas I had for it.
                  So this isn't so much correcting the actual published item that is perceived as being at odds with a later book as it is taking a preliminary thing that was dummied out and building something entirely new based on its skeleton?

Like modding a video game to place the skin of an abandoned concept over an asset that exists elsewhere.

Comment

So this isn't so much correcting the actual published item that is perceived as being at odds with a later book as it is taking a preliminary thing that was dummied out and building something entirely new based on its skeleton?

Like modding a video game to place the skin of an abandoned concept over an asset that exists elsewhere.
                    Kinda yes. A lot of the charms are the same, but I added some new effects in both dissonant/Resonant along with two new charms. I also made some of the charms that gave bigger number upgrades into repurchases to keep it similar.

A rebalance patch rather than something entirely new.

The main reason I'm doing this is because they're not going to touch the corebook artifact for legality reasons (AKA: Whomever wrote them, it wasn't Vance and Minton) and content reasons (revamping the old vs something shiny and new)

Comment

Working...
                    X