God-Kicking Boots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God-Kicking Boots

I'm thinking something like Bashing, Brawl, Smashing, Worn for tags, but Medium or Light for size?

I would think light, mainly because all current brawl weapons are light and adding a medium brawl weapon would change the nature of brawl.
    Additionally, medium weapons get +1 parry, which both seems out of flavor for boots and a thing which might be denied to brawl on purpose.

Comment

I'd either make 'em mechanically identical to Smashfists...or if I wanted to drive home that kicks are both harder-hitting and harder to block than punches I'd use Heavy stats, but kicking with the force of a goremaul seems like it might be a bit too much. Probably just stick to Medium and flavor the defense bonus as "it is hard to attack somebody who is roundhouse kicking you in the face with magic boots."

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
      -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Old Guru View Post
        I'd either make 'em mechanically identical to Smashfists...or if I wanted to drive home that kicks are both harder-hitting and harder to block than punches I'd use Heavy stats, but kicking with the force of a goremaul seems like it might be a bit too much. Probably just stick to Medium and flavor the defense bonus as "it is hard to attack somebody who is roundhouse kicking you in the face with magic boots."
        Heh. Seeing you in this thread is amusing, given that I initially assumed it was a thread about your comic.

The artifacts themselves never really stood out that much compared to, like, perfected boots.

Comment

Perfected boots? What are those?

And balance-wise, I'm not TOO concerned, since Claws x2 does give you Medium unarmed attacks, and the defense boost is the biggest part of the Medium weapon stats.

Comment

Nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by tonberrian View Post
              ... since Claws x2 does give you Medium unarmed attacks...
              I'm not finding that. What exactly are you referring to?

edit: nvm, I realized you meant the mutation, not the weapon.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

My Chosen of Journeys has a pair that are statistically identical to smashfists but with some of the evocations enhancing her movement.

I'm aware of the problems with the forum

The Freedom Stone is back, if you want to talk Exalted try here

Comment

Originally posted by tonberrian View Post
                  Perfected boots? What are those?

And balance-wise, I'm not TOO concerned, since Claws x2 does give you Medium unarmed attacks, and the defense boost is the biggest part of the Medium weapon stats.
                  Perfected boots are an artifact from 2e that are basically really comfortable, indestructible boots which let fairly typical people march at speeds similar to cavalry.
                  I was joking about what kind of 'X boot' I would wear, given that I only have one pair of feet to wear them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    My Chosen of Journeys has a pair that are statistically identical to smashfists but with some of the evocations enhancing her movement.
                    TBH, I think that's the best way to do them.

Light, Bashing, Worn, Smash seems fair. I can't really see any other tags as appropriate, or sizes. I don't really see that they should do more damage, or be better defensively.

Whereas, evocation-wise, they could be quite different.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

We should be getting them in the Lunars book!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

The only thing I want out of God-Kicking Boots is an evocation called Boot To The Face.

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
                        Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                        I do maps for your games!
                        Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

Use these tags. Light melee weapon; Tags: Bashing, Brawl, Worn.

Maybe evocations like Guile's "sonic boom" or Chun Li's "really fast multi-kick (forgot it's name)" or Liu Kang's "bicycle kick"?

Comment

I think also, being boots, as Lioness said, you can give them evocations that aren't just about damage. Jumping, running. Resisting electric damage. Etc.

I would also say that bicycle kick and Chun's Li's Hundred Rending Legs are probably just Brawl stunts, not evocations.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Chun Li's kicks are probably best represented as Hammer on Iron Technique, but with kicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X