• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I agree.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Prime View Post
      Use these tags. Light melee weapon; Tags: Bashing, Brawl, Worn.

Maybe evocations like Guile's "sonic boom" or Chun Li's "really fast multi-kick (forgot it's name)" or Liu Kang's "bicycle kick"?
      Sonic Boom is a two handed punch attack. You sure you dont mean Ken/Ryu's move?

Comment

Guile has a special move in which he delivers what's perhaps best described as a vertical roundhouse kick. It's named Flash Kick. Chun Li's "many kicks with amazing speed" attack is the "hundred foot kick."

Comment

Guile's upside down heavy kick is totally a stunt though.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
            The only thing I want out of God-Kicking Boots is an evocation called Boot To The Face.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Prime View Post

Maybe evocations like Guile's "sonic boom" or Chun Li's "really fast multi-kick (forgot it's name)" or Liu Kang's "bicycle kick"?
              I think one generally wants Evocations to be something other than just attacking with the weapon, to distinguish them from Martial Arts and native combat Charms.

At least give it the force of some kind of principle or focused purpose.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

I think one generally wants Evocations to be something other than just attacking with the weapon, to distinguish them from Martial Arts and native combat Charms.

At least give it the force of some kind of principle or focused purpose.
                The simpler artifacts tend to start enhancing attacks in thematic ways after all.

Hmm. A god-kicking boot that lets an attack shockwave into onslaughting everyone at close range...

Comment

People have been referring to Brawling, but there used to be leg/kick based Martial Art styles similar/based on capoiera or savate. After Kung Fu Hustle, I wanted to make a pair of PCs were one did musical attacks and support for the other, who danced and attacked to the beat. Had a partner for the plan, but 2.5 game fell apart. Alyways, what would make God-Kicking Boots better for MA as opposed to Brawling?

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                  An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post

The simpler artifacts tend to start enhancing attacks in thematic ways after all.
                    Heh, I suddenly have the image of a 3-dot Artifact based around enhancement of kicking and stomping opponents in line with the image of the oppressive iron boot.

Shock waves strike me either as the pinnacle Evocation of a 3-dot, or something around with to form a 4-dot.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Fist of the Titans is the big one here, I think. Shockwavy stuff make the core of its middle and late evocations, paired with stuff to weave them into big combos.
                      So it might not need be a capstone. Might be one of the E2 openers and then worked with afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                        Fist of the Titans is the big one here, I think. Shockwavy stuff make the core of its middle and late evocations, paired with stuff to weave them into big combos.
                        So it might not need be a capstone. Might be one of the E2 openers and then worked with afterwards.
                        Ahh, you're right of course. That one actually always struck me as interesting for both what it did, what was ascribed to it in legend, and still coming across as being 3-dot.

I need to remind myself of my own standard that the dots are less about the basic form of the power, and more about the scope and structure of the Evocations. With that in mind, one could get a pair of boots based on providing some shockwave based enhancements to kicks and stomps, and another based on generating shockwaves in a manner that creates its own fighting style, and even one based on building up the energy to bring down mighty stomps that will level armies, cities and behemoths, and they'd all be quite different and make sense at their dot levels.

(That and my perspective that you get variations in power even between Artifacts of the same level, even up to five dots; there are a few ways in which Stormcaller strikes me as a more sophisticated weapon than Soulfarer, which I find goes along with the latter being given an origin as having been made by some necromancer kings that probably weren't Exalted, while they still both fit the structure of five dots)

Comment

Working...
                        X