Claws of the Silver Moon Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws of the Silver Moon Question

In the baseline usage this gives your HtH attacks "Speed +0, Accuracy +2, Damage +(Strength)L, Defense
    +0, Rate +0, and they may be used to parry lethal damage without magic or stunt". Good!

At Essence 3 and 4 you get more bonuses, being "Accuracy +(Dexterity)" upgrade to accuracy and damage upgrades to (Strength + 2)L/(Essence + 1)

Am I misunderstanding? With a Str 5 Exalt the everymen version does +5 damage, but in the high-Essence case it upgrades to 7/5 in the case of a Essence of 4? So +5 damage vs +1.4 damage?

I am assuming I misunderstand. Please enlighten me.

Originally posted by g3taso View Post
    In the baseline usage this gives your HtH attacks "Speed +0, Accuracy +2, Damage +(Strength)L, Defense
    +0, Rate +0, and they may be used to parry lethal damage without magic or stunt". Good!

At Essence 3 and 4 you get more bonuses, being "Accuracy +(Dexterity)" upgrade to accuracy and damage upgrades to (Strength + 2)L/(Essence + 1)

Am I misunderstanding? With a Str 5 Exalt the everymen version does +5 damage, but in the high-Essence case it upgrades to 7/5 in the case of a Essence of 4? So +5 damage vs +1.4 damage?

I am assuming I misunderstand. Please enlighten me.
    Claws of the Silver Moon only use your natural, unaltered attributes for calculating its stats as per its errata (See scroll of errata).

I'd recommend capping the bonuses it gives at +5 as well.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

The /5 refers to Overwhelming.
      Same as stuff like artefact weapons that say "Damage 12/4". It doesn't mean the damage is 3.

So in your example, the damage is 7, with a minimum of 5 dice after soak.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
      X