Map-to-globe spherical Creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    The North could have also benefited from a visual indicator that it was once better cultivated for a human population
    Well, the landmass between the Inland Sea and the frosty parts is a lot thicker, at least.

I don't know, I have a preference for a First Age in which the settlements themselves could be magically climate controlled while the surrounding territory remained much the same, since I think that overriding their elemental characteristics removes a lot of their charm.

Originally posted by Lioness
    with international travel and commerce much easier
    How do you convey that on a map?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
      I don't know, I have a preference for a First Age in which the settlements themselves could be magically climate controlled while the surrounding territory remained much the same, since I think that overriding their elemental characteristics removes a lot of their charm.
      Okay, but if you don't put the settlements on the map and you don't talk about them they won't exist in most people's perceptions of the world.

Originally posted by Isator Levi
      How do you convey that on a map?
      I kinda already said, but you sniped my post so I'll give an example.
      Wu Jian on the Ex3 map helps to establish the logistics of taking a ship from the Blessed Isle to Coral and Wavecrest and its inclusion makes the western ocean seem less desolate. I think if you don't establish what's on some of the islands people are just going to default to a mental image of natives in loincloths.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

I kinda already said, but you sniped my post so I'll give an example.
        {checks again}

Okay, I can see what you were saying now, it's just really hard to tell how the points in that post were connected due to the severe lack of commas.

Without them, it read as saying "the map could show travel and commerce", rather than "with travel and commerce, you could do more with the West".

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I Want to Play in this globe thing too =)
          I´ve saw all other projects and sorry.... I have to disagree with them.

Wyld has "eaten" lots of parts of the planet, no one would know or dare to rediscover what proportion of Creation is covered in Wyld.

Lets go to my interpretation of Creation!! The "limits of the world" are not straight lines in the end of the map but something like " I won´t fucking dare to go near that place lines" to know what that is.

Next to the cardinal Points is the epicenter of the Elemental Poles: Too far in South Would be uber Hot and then pure Caos..... too far in the west would be water vortexes (or floating water) and then pure Chaos..... AND SO ON..... the wyld is constantly corrupting those places.

But in the "center of Creation" is the Elemental Pole of Earth really distant from the wyld thus is OK to live there (Thank you Epic Solars Artifacts and Scaret Queen). If that is the initial argument then the opposite side of the world would be THE PUREST CHAOS/WYLD FAIR FOLK KINGS TERRITORY. (Painted in Radiactive Green for educational reference). All other crazy red texture nonsense is the Wyld. I believe half (or even more) of the world is truly engulfed by Wyld. /o\

>>> Enough of talking check this out >>> Link for the updated Globe Map >>> https://www.maptoglobe.com/rkmAw2ql4

Did I get that right? Someone have suggestions for me to update the Creation Globe Map?

Cya
          Last edited by Yukiartic; 12-21-2018, 03:02 PM.

If you like Alchemicals, please check out my DeviantArt Gallery!!
          - 5 Magic Materials BeamKlaves and Gyroscopic Chakrans ? OK
          - Autochthonia updated World Map? OK
          And many more! http://efq.deviantart.com/gallery/48131405/Alchemicals

Comment

Fair enough. I still think a globe has no real advantages over a flat world if you can't go around it.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Tried adding a second map reversed, and while it helped with some things, it exacerbated some others. Maybe someone else who knows a bit more about this can do something better.

https://www.maptoglobe.com/H1ePrK2lV

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Certainly makes a much better globe in my opinion, I like how the Dreaming Sea connects pretty seamlessly to the great Western Ocean.

The creative in me really wants to create a "coast" for the Eastern Forests landmass and make it all a seamless sphere, with how the Dreaming Sea meshes with the Great Western ocean its too tempting. I kind of want to run a plot where the Wyld is banished and defeated through a powerful Working that renders Creation into a sphere, banishing the Wyld to the Void beyond the Stars.
                Last edited by Keichiokami; 12-23-2018, 02:16 AM. Reason: grammar

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

Originally posted by Keichiokami View Post

The creative in me really wants to create a "coast" for the Eastern Forests landmass and make it all a seamless sphere, with how the Dreaming Sea meshes with the Great Western ocean its too tempting. I kind of want to run a plot where the Wyld is banished and defeated through a powerful Working that renders Creation into a sphere, banishing the Wyld to the Void beyond the Stars.
                  Do you have the skills to do that? Because that would be cool.

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Do you have the skills to do that? Because that would be cool.

Kind of. I was once upon a time a Graphic Design major. I could play with photoshop and see what I could come up with

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

Working...
                    X