Map-to-globe spherical Creation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    The North could have also benefited from a visual indicator that it was once better cultivated for a human population
    Well, the landmass between the Inland Sea and the frosty parts is a lot thicker, at least.

I don't know, I have a preference for a First Age in which the settlements themselves could be magically climate controlled while the surrounding territory remained much the same, since I think that overriding their elemental characteristics removes a lot of their charm.

Originally posted by Lioness
    with international travel and commerce much easier
    How do you convey that on a map?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
      I don't know, I have a preference for a First Age in which the settlements themselves could be magically climate controlled while the surrounding territory remained much the same, since I think that overriding their elemental characteristics removes a lot of their charm.
      Okay, but if you don't put the settlements on the map and you don't talk about them they won't exist in most people's perceptions of the world.

Originally posted by Isator Levi
      How do you convey that on a map?
      I kinda already said, but you sniped my post so I'll give an example.
      Wu Jian on the Ex3 map helps to establish the logistics of taking a ship from the Blessed Isle to Coral and Wavecrest and its inclusion makes the western ocean seem less desolate. I think if you don't establish what's on some of the islands people are just going to default to a mental image of natives in loincloths.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post

I kinda already said, but you sniped my post so I'll give an example.
        {checks again}

Okay, I can see what you were saying now, it's just really hard to tell how the points in that post were connected due to the severe lack of commas.

Without them, it read as saying "the map could show travel and commerce", rather than "with travel and commerce, you could do more with the West".

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
        X