No announcement yet.

Florivet, Whim of the Wind, and Iyutha the Madling Hellstorm: Fan conversions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florivet, Whim of the Wind, and Iyutha the Madling Hellstorm: Fan conversions

A while ago my ST asked me to write them up for 3rd ed, since another player's sorceress has bound them. I thought it might be handy for other people.

They're both weather-controlling flying tanks, essentially, but they're still fairly different.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Florivet, the Whim-of-the-Wind

Essence: 6; Willpower: 7; Join Battle: 7 dice Personal Motes: 95/110 Health Levels: -0/-1x4/-2x4/-4x3/Incap.
    Actions: Demonic Lore: 9 dice; Feats of Strength: 7 dice (may attempt Strength 3 feats); Read Intentions: 6 dice; Senses: 6 dice; Stealth: 6 dice; Social Influence: 9 dice; Naval Combat 9 dice; Appearance 1, Resolve 3, Guile 2
    Combat Attack (Perfect Sigh Long Bow) 14 dice at short range, 12 at medium, 10 at long, 8 at close (Damage +15, minimum 1)
    When flying and suffering the penalties, 11 dice at short range, 9 at medium, 7 at long, 5 at close (Damage +15, minimum 1)
    Claws 14 dice, (Damage +11, minimum 1)
    Combat Movement: 9 dice Evasion 5, Parry 5 Soak/Hardness: 16/4 (Yozi-glass skeleton)

Offensive Charms:
    Death from Above: (5m, 1wp; Simple; One scene; Essence 2): Florivet ignores the -3 penalty for flying on defensive actions and attacks at close or short range.
    Shaft of Spite: (3m; Supplemental; Instant; Essence 2; Universal): Florivet's ranged attack ignores 5 points of armoured soak on Withering attacks, and doubles 10s on Decisive attacks.
    Rage of the Scorned: (10m, 1wp; Simple; Decisive-only; Instant; Essence 4): Those who reject the Whim-of-the-Wind find his happy-go-lucky persona hides a vindictive streak. This Charm can be used to make an (Intelligence + Occult + Essence) attack roll of fifteen dice to enact a difficulty 3 gambit against an enemy out to medium range who has attacked Florivet this scene, or rejected his advances. Success covers the enemy in acid, which is treated as an environmental hazard, with damage 2L/round and difficulty 4 to avoid. Each round that the victim fails his roll to resist, he takes a -2 penalty on all other dice rolls that turn. The victim and his allies may attempt to wash off the acid with water, tears or other appropriate liquids, which is treated as a difficulty 3 gambit. A successful gambit removes the acid. Once per fight, unless reset by taking damage from a decisive attack.
    Defensive Charms:
    Bones of Red Glass:(5m, 1wp; Reflexive; Decisive-only; Instant; Essence 4): Florivet replaced his own bones with red Yozi-glass, and they can withstand incredible punishment. Using this charm, Florivet reduces a decisive attack's damage by 5 dice. If this reduces it below his hardness, he will take no damage. Once per scene, unless reset by being hit by a withering attack from a significant foe and taking no damage.
    Miscellaneous Charms:
    Heart of Storms: (15m, 1wp; Simple; Essence hours; Essence 3): Florivet may shift the weather to match his mood. When angry or sad, he may create a storm with a radius that can range from half a mile to three miles. The storm forms over the course of about half an hour, generally too slowly to be applicable in combat. The precise effects of the storm are narrated by the Storyteller, but it generally imposes a -3 penalty on ranged attacks and vision due to rainfall and heavy winds, while denying ships any Speed bonuses from sails and imposing a -2 Speed penalty. Each hour of the storm, a ship’s captain must succeed at a (Wits + Sail) roll at a difficulty of Florivet’s Essence to avoid suffering shipwreck, being blown off course, or a similar fate. Florivet and the Foremost Gale are immune. If Florivet is calm or happy, he may instead still bad weather, removing any weather-based penalties in an area of Essence miles. It takes about half an hour for the weather to calm.
    Scent of the Prey: (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Florivet may double 9s on a roll to track his foes, and ignore any penalties from terrain, as he follows their scent on the wind. He may even track enemies through the air. However, as this charm requires moving air, it doesn't work in areas with no breeze at all, such as deep underground.
    Hurry Home (10m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Florivet fades away and vanishes on his next turn, drawn instantly to his ship's foredeck or to his summoner’s side.
    Materialize (55m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Florivet appears in a swirl of wind.
    Measure the Wind (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Florivet may discern the nature of anyone who stands upon his ship.
    Merits:
    Artefact 4: Florivet possesses a marvelous 20-footlong land ship, the Foremost Gale, built of his own bone and sinew. He cut the bones out piece by piece with crimson-glass blades forged from the sands of Cecelyne, and he replaced the missing bones with struts made from the same material, his sinews re-growing to anchor them. Unlike with most such vessels, the Whim-of-the-Wind’s ship can travel on water as well as land.
    Wings (5 dot version): Florivet can fly as fast as he can walk, though he takes a -3 penalty on most combat actions when aloft.
    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 11-21-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Iyutha, the Vitriolic Dragon

Essence: 6; Willpower: 8; Join Battle: 6 dice Personal Motes: 110 Health Levels: -0x3/-1x8/-2x8/-4/Incap.
      Actions: Feats of Strength: 15 dice (may attempt Strength 10 feats); Fly: 12 dice; Read Intentions: 9 dice; Resist Poison/Disease: 13 dice; Senses: 10 dice; Social Influence: 11 dice; Stealth: 7 dice; Appearance 1, Resolve 4, Guile 5
      Combat Attack (Bite): 11 dice (Damage 22, minimum 5)
      Attack (Claws): 15 dice (Damage 18, minimum 3)
      Attack (Grapple): 10 dice (12 dice to control). Iyutha rolls unopposed against smaller enemies to determine how many rounds of control she establishes, unless her victim uses magic that allows them to clinch larger enemies, such as Dragon Coil Technique.
      Combat Movement: 14 dice (see Soaring Dragon Flight)
      Evasion 5, Parry 5 Soak/Hardness: 20/8

Merits:
      Legendary Size: Iyutha’s size makes it extraordinarily difficult for human-scale enemies to engage her in combat. she takes no onslaught penalties from attacks made by smaller opponent, unless magically inflicted. Withering attacks made by smaller enemies cannot drop her below 1 Initiative unless they have a post-soak damage of 10 dice (although attackers can still gain the full amount of Ini*tiative damage dealt). Decisive attacks made by smaller enemies cannot deal more than (3 + attacker’s Strength) levels of damage, not counting any levels of damage added by Charms or other magic.
      Soaring Dragon Flight: Iyutha takes no penalties for attacking while flying, and in combat, doubles 9s on all movement rolls and may rush enemies on the ground from two range bands above them while flying. If she deigned to accept a rider, she would have a +5 speed bonus.

Combat Charms:
      Claw-Fang Maelstrom (25m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; De*cisive-only; Essence 6): Iyutha may make three decisive attacks, two with her claws and then a single bite. Each attack must be directed against a different enemy, unless she is savaging a grappled foe. Her Initiative does not reset until all three attacks have been completed. Once per fight unless reset by being attacked 5+ times in a single round by non-trivial opponents.
      Seven Venoms Exhalation (25m, 4i, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Withering-only, Perilous; Essence 6): Iyutha exhales a torrent of venom, rolling 15 dice as a withering attack against all enemies in front of her out to medium range. In general, her breath can target up to one character at close range, three at short, and five at medium. The attack has a damage of (20 + extra successes over each individ*ual enemy’s Defense), and exposes all damaged characters to a poison with damage 3i/round, duration 10 rounds, and a penalty of -4. Points of Initiative damage dealt by the attack are not awarded to Iyutha, but are instead converted to a dice penalty on the victim’s roll to resist the poison. Characters that take 5+ Initiative damage from the torrential blast are knocked back one range band and fall prone. Once per fight unless reset by going three rounds without taking any withering or decisive damage.

Social Charms:
      Venom-Cursed Tongue: (4m, 1wp; Supplemental; Instant; Essence 4) Iyutha's voice drips poison, driving friends against each other and dividing nations. A social roll to degrade positive intimacies, instill negative intimacies, or get someone to act against one of their Ties, gets double 8s when supplemented by this charm.
      Knowing the Darkness: (3m; Supplemental; Instant; Essence 3) Iyutha is adept at finding the secret and shameful hatreds that lurk in the human heart. This charm supplements a Read Intentions roll to discover negative Ties, granting it double 8s.

Miscellaneous charms
      Clothed with Humanity (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Iyutha may take on the form of a bitter old woman. In this form, she has only Soak 5, Hardness 0 and 10 dice to attack with her bronze nails (damage 10). She may revert to draconic form reflexively.
      Hurry Home (10m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Iyutha fades away and vanishes on her next turn, drawn instantly to her lair in Malfeas or to her summoner’s side.
      Materialize (55m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Iyutha appears in a howling wind.
      Measure the Wind (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Iyutha may discern the nature of anyone of whom she has discovered a Negative Tie.
      Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 11-21-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

One thing they're missing is intimacies, I essentially made them for a fight so I didn't get round to it. Obviously they can just have the same intimacies as in 2nd ed, it's just a matter of what level each thing is.

Comment

Could you make that text a bit larger?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Is that better?

Comment

Not really, but I'll make do.

I feel as though Florivet ought to have at least one dice pool that relates to his characteristic wanderlust, something like wayfinding skills. I also think those Charms are a bit too offensively oriented, and leave out things related to seductiveness, raucousing, and travel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                I also think those Charms are a bit too offensively oriented, and leave out things related to seductiveness, raucousing, and travel.
                Carousing, too.

Yeah, worthy contributions, Wizard, but I wouldn't make a write-up for Florivet without including how many dice he can throw at a drinking contest.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  Carousing, too.
                  Yeah, I knew it was wrong, just wasn't sure how to find the right version. Hard R and C sounds can be difficult to keep straight, I don't know why. I appreciate the correction, it saves me some trouble.

Comment

It might be faithful to their 2e write-ups but I don't think Appearance 1 really suits either of them.
                    Iyutha is clearly supposed to be Hideous but Florivet is tricky because it seems like he really got marked down for having a wolf's head back when the trait was only really used as an indicator of a character's fuckability and it's kind of stuck. I dunno! Maybe that's justification for a low App? You don't really see him and go "I'd hit that" (generally speaking, I know there's people very much into that), but at the same time if he looms over you trying to be scary a part of your brain is just going "daww whose a good boy? who wants to go on adventures?"

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

I feel as though Florivet should be a guy who, in his own right, has a strong magnetism due to his attitude and body language and looking like a very ruggedly handsome sample of a chimeric monster, and occasions in which being a chimeric monster works against him specifically should be represented by difficulty and dice penalties.

Comment

Yeah, I was actually surprised that Florivet had Appearance 1, but I didn't want to diverge too much from the original stats.

Comment

I get that, but Appearance 1 in 2e was equivilent to Appearance 3 (Hideous) in Ex3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                            It might be faithful to their 2e write-ups but I don't think Appearance 1 really suits either of them.
                            Iyutha is clearly supposed to be Hideous but Florivet is tricky because it seems like he really got marked down for having a wolf's head back when the trait was only really used as an indicator of a character's fuckability and it's kind of stuck. I dunno! Maybe that's justification for a low App? You don't really see him and go "I'd hit that" (generally speaking, I know there's people very much into that), but at the same time if he looms over you trying to be scary a part of your brain is just going "daww whose a good boy? who wants to go on adventures?"
                            Oh, rly?

Sorry, but not sorry.

Comment

Well, I did say there were people into that.

Comment

Working...
                              X