Trollhunters in Exalted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trollhunters in Exalted.

So, Trollhunters, is a delightful YA TV series by Del Toro. One of hte central MCGuffins is the amulet of Merlin, a tool that transforms and allows Jim to use its armor and sword, as well as enhancing him.

Now, for those who have seen it, does it sound more like an artifact with lots of evocations, or an actual Exigent style exaltation?

I'd say artifact with evocations.

Comment

Originally posted by NewK View Post
      So, Trollhunters, is a delightful YA TV series by Del Toro. One of hte central MCGuffins is the amulet of Merlin, a tool that transforms and allows Jim to use its armor and sword, as well as enhancing him.

Now, for those who have seen it, does it sound more like an artifact with lots of evocations, or an actual Exigent style exaltation?

Stories like this really straddle the line between N/A artifact and some form of Exaltation. In this instance though, I'd lean more towards artifact simply because the powers are very physical, There are a few times were the amulet interacts with other assorted magical objects, but really it just gives Jim artifact armor and a daiklave (and later a thunderbolt shield and skycutters). Other than having an associated calling, it doesn't really make him super human.

Conversely, I just started the new She-Ra today, and it seems much more like a Solar Exaltation channeled through a sword.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

This thread's reminded me how much I've enjoyed that show and that the fact it's going to be part of an Arcadia trilogy with Three Below and Wizards kind of makes me want to see a Guillermo del Toro's World of Darkness.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Working...
        X