Regarding the Hundred Devils Night Parade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
    I'm not the only one getting a huge "Colour Out of Space" vibe from the Black Hollow, right?
    We got a color out of space and king in yellow so far

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Jesus Christ there are a lot of hipsters making goddamn lanterns out of egg shells.

Ah, I had overestimated how much the embryo would be developed before the egg was laid, and had thought that it might obscure the yolk. Okay, that works.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
        We got a color out of space and king in yellow so far
        Are you counting the Raksha in Adversaries as the King in Yellow?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

I'm not the only one getting a huge "Colour Out of Space" vibe from the Black Hollow, right?
          I got that too.

Comment

Are you counting the Raksha in Adversaries as the King in Yellow?
            Yes I am. Ten

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Yes I am. Ten
              Ah, cool. It honestly hasn't occurred to me but now that you mention it, yeah, pretty much spot on. Nice!

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

So, as Eric mentioned, the distribution of what comes out when is not indicative of the final book's numbers. It's also not indicative of much of anything other than a) how long it takes to put the content through the full development process and b) which art is available first. It's not really something any of us can control.

So yes, material that was cut from the core goes through the dev process much faster, because it's already mostly done. Demons always require more development work, so they come out more slowly. When I submit completed, developed content for HDNP and Adversaries, I do it in large batches of entries that then come out in whatever order the art and layout folks can do them in.

That said, there are no undead in this month's releases. It's two Wyld creatures and a tiny dude. As in previous editions, "generic fantasy monsters" like the gryphon, unicorn, cockatrice, etc. are Wyld creatures in Exalted because they're not real. So this isn't new or strange.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post
                  As in previous editions, "generic fantasy monsters" like the gryphon, unicorn, cockatrice, etc. are Wyld creatures in Exalted because they're not real. So this isn't new or strange.
                  I hadn’t ever twigged to that before, but it’s hilariously perfect.

Comment

Yeah, the 2nd ed core had I think Ogres and Hyppogriffs as Wyld creatures.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Does anyone recognise Pangu, where Peremuz lives? I don't think that's a place that's been detailed, but it sounds vaguely familiar. I might just be thinking of Pangu from Chinese mythology though.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Does anyone recognise Pangu, where Peremuz lives? I don't think that's a place that's been detailed, but it sounds vaguely familiar. I might just be thinking of Pangu from Chinese mythology though.
                        Pangu's a Prefecture on the Blessed Isle. Pangu City is where House Cynis has their stronghold.

Yes I am. Ten
                        You're unusually mature for your age, especially if you're aware of Lovecraft.
                        Last edited by Lioness; 11-29-2018, 07:28 AM.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Hi Ten, I'm dad.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                          X