Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does worship by the immaculate order give spirits a cult background?(second edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does worship by the immaculate order give spirits a cult background?(second edition)

It appears even a fairly important loyalist god such as gri-fel only has a cult rating of 1.
    Also i always took it for granted that the ban on illegal "prayers" to gods only applies to sacrifices right? It's not illegal to say "bless the god of peach/medicine/health" right?

Originally posted by mark View Post
    It appears even a fairly important loyalist god such as gri-fel only has a cult rating of 1.
    Really, that's odd.

Originally posted by mark
    Also i always took it for granted that the ban on illegal "prayers" to gods only applies to sacrifices right? It's not illegal to say "bless the god of peach/medicine/health" right?
    I'm not sure that's quite the way that worship in Exalted would be expressed anyway, but no, the Immaculate Order maintains a calendar of festival days on which the monks will worship specific spirits. Higher ranking and more important gods alternately get more days on the calendar or more widespread ceremonies. Overall, the worship from that is still sufficient to provide a Cult Background of the appropriate level.

In terms of Yu-Shan, many gods are going to want prayer in excess of their allotments even if it doesn't change their dot rating, because extra prayers give them extra ambrosia. In a lot of cases, probably not enough to change their Salary rating, but hey, if you found a note for one hundred units of your relevant currency lying on the ground, you wouldn't turn out down, would you? Even if it's not exactly making you meaningfully richer.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Really, that's odd.

I'm not sure that's quite the way that worship in Exalted would be expressed anyway, but no, the Immaculate Order maintains a calendar of festival days on which the monks will worship specific spirits. Higher ranking and more important gods alternately get more days on the calendar or more widespread ceremonies. Overall, the worship from that is still sufficient to provide a Cult Background of the appropriate level.

In terms of Yu-Shan, many gods are going to want prayer in excess of their allotments even if it doesn't change their dot rating, because extra prayers give them extra ambrosia. In a lot of cases, probably not enough to change their Salary rating, but hey, if you found a note for one hundred units of your relevant currency lying on the ground, you wouldn't turn out down, would you? Even if it's not exactly making you meaningfully richer.
      Do terrestrial gods lack a salary background cause the concept was introduced later or are they actually not getting paid?

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        Do terrestrial gods lack a salary background cause the concept was introduced later or are they actually not getting paid?
        I think it's mostly not getting paid. There are complications written into the function of quintessence and ambrosia around them disappearing if you take them out of Yu-Shan or a god's sanctum (which I think they can only get to if carried by a god via the right magic), but I'd say those were written in for reasons including reinforcing that Terrestrial gods don't really get paid like that.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
        X