2.5ed question - Attacks from up high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5ed question - Attacks from up high

So... at terminal velocity a humanoid character takes 25B on impact. What you hit takes just as much damage.

That much I remember

But does armor soak any of this damage? I mean, you're falling - you hit something, you go splat. Being heavily armored shouldn't help here - if anything it should make things worse. I'm not sure of this.

Similarly, I have question about attacks done when falling down on stuff. Like, jumping from a great height and going smashfist first down at something. Does that hit harder than the terminal velocity impact? Does that hit the character who's falling down and ultimately trying to hit something?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Originally posted by webkilla View Post
    So... at terminal velocity a humanoid character takes 25B on impact. What you hit takes just as much damage.

That much I remember

But does armor soak any of this damage? I mean, you're falling - you hit something, you go splat. Being heavily armored shouldn't help here - if anything it should make things worse. I'm not sure of this.

Similarly, I have question about attacks done when falling down on stuff. Like, jumping from a great height and going smashfist first down at something. Does that hit harder than the terminal velocity impact? Does that hit the character who's falling down and ultimately trying to hit something?
    I believe falling damage was soaked with half armor.

As for hitting something at terminal velocity with a smashfist, I would count that as a two-die stunt that affects your attack roll. Should your attack be successful, you hit the thing in question with a 25B attack, plus extra successes on the attack roll. Note that you will also take at least 25B falling damage. EDIT: However, I do not believe that is canon - I cannot off-handedly recall any such rules in the core book.
    Last edited by Octopoid; 11-27-2018, 05:50 PM.

DrLoveMonkey - "On the other hand having a warhammer that's basically a steel beer keg on the end of a seven foot pole is fucking awesome."

Comment

fair enough

I just figured that it seems a very... exalted thing to do - like leap from a flying something something (yeddim rocket, what have you) and then dropkick some monster, or smashfist it to the face.

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
      X