Funny little things you noticed in exalted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny little things you noticed in exalted

So! Funny little things you see in exalted. Shout outs. Historical references. Little funny jokes.

So I'll start.

I was looking at things. Then I realized something. Baseline exalted, without charms, are... comic book badass normals. Think about it. They heal absurdly fast, healing in a month where most people would be crippled. They're way too competent. That is, they don't get a penalty for having zero dots in a skill. They survive blows that should kill other people (more soak and health levels). They get heroic willpower (virtue roll) to do previously impossible feats.

I can read the tvtropes exposure between your lines~.

Taking an expanded view of Exalted, I appreciated how in one of the novels (Relic of the Dawn, maybe?) Lilith just casually seduces Dace, and also in Keychain of Creation how Marena runs off with Racer, goes out on the town Twin-Faced Hero style looking for love, inspiring jealousy in Secret, enough to get a lecture about being a homewrecker! Like, Lunars might be the ones out in the sticks, but they don't have any kind of country sexual repression going on! If anything, they've got a big-city view of the hookup. The moon has a thousand faces, and each one can find its own love.

The Lunar Castebooks fan project - Complete! (Changing, Full, No, and Casteless)

Comment

Abyssals’ “dress like you’re at a funeral or on a metal album cover to not take penalties in the sun” thing will never stop being extremely amusing.

Comment

2e mass combat was engineered so that a circle of 5 Exalts forms a magnitude 2 unit with enough officer positions for each exalt to be an officer.

Comment

Which reminds me. The 2e's combat system was made, so as to incentivize back to back fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
            The 2e's combat system was made, so as to incentivize back to back fighting.
            Having someone at your back isn't enough to invalidate being targeted by an unexpected attack; combat facing isn't tracked, so the fifth attacker is unexpected regardless of whether or not he's literally standing behind you.
            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 11-30-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              Having someone at your back isn't enough to invalidate being targeted by an unexpected attack; combat facing isn't tracked, so the fifth attacker is unexpected regardless of whether or not he's literally standing behind you.
              Correct, but I'm pretty sure there was a hard limit of 5 people at melee range with you. Though it could be wrong, I haven't looked at 2e rules since 3e came out.

While, 2e was quite famous for its lethality, when you scaled it back to normal people using normal weapons and armour it was generally much less rocket tag. Because of this the bleeding rules simultaneously made to game more realistic and more like an action movie. Realistic, because normal people weren't dying instantly to every sword swing or arrow shot, but actually bleeding out over a course of minutes like in reality. More like and action movie because Exalts can totally ignore the bleeding and thus shrug off the little hits that would doom a mortal to a slow and painful death. This came into focus a bit when shards came out with gun rules. Some complained that it was unrealistic because it was hard to one shot a person with a gun using the stats given. That is until it was pointed out that with the given stats most mortals would quickly bleed out without some kind of medical aid. Exalts of course take bullets like they are starting in a Die Hard movie, as it should be.

Comment

More Abyssal amusement:

Originally posted by EX3
                Artful Maiming Onslaught (2m, 2i; Supplemental; Instant; Decisive-only, Stackable): If successful, the attack leaves a painful scarring wound that inflicts a cumulative -1 penalty for the rest of the scene. Scars left on players’ characters look cool rather than disfiguring, unless the player desires otherwise.
                If you ask me the bolded part really encapsulates the kind of game Exalted is.

Comment

Whitewall has moveable type.

Comment

Heaven literally uses chocolate coins for money.

Comment

Working...
                    X