Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Blossom may blossom.

Comment

One that has and continues to amuse me is that First Age people that predominate in older art tended towards being of the same ethnotype as the Atlanteans in the disney movie. Although I loved that movie growing up so I prefer to call it an accidental omage!

The silliest and most awesome thing was that 2ed bureaucracy charm that made you auto-zap corrupt individuals if they messed with your organization. Not because of the effect but because of the way the zap is described as randomly shooting out of you through walls, vast distances and potentially dimensions to taser a guy that lied about his name wrong on a random census.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        That people can try to argue justifying enslaving or otherwise mistreating a people doesn't particularly strike me as "amusing" and more "a depressing facet of reality."
        Well, slavery ends up being one of those moral stepping stones on the way to modern liberalism. Before the innovation of slavery, when your army took someone else's land, you killed anyone who couldn't run away fast enough. The idea of not taking someone's land when you are able to takes a longer time to form, born out of the idea of the equality of human dignity.

Demons in Hell get a bum deal though. Serve inhuman, uncaring masters in Hell or serve human masters in Creation.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
        Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
        Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
        The Underworld (3rd Edition)
        ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Luna used to have a Ride Specialty for Gaia.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
            Wait. Used to?

And I thought sol had a ride specialty for Luna.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
              Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Wait. Used to?

And I thought sol had a ride specialty for Luna.
              If both are simultaneously true, then I can only see one conclusion.

Eclipse.

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

We don't know how much the lore arond Abyssals will change in 3E, but I always found this tidbit about them super amusing. In 2E, Abyssals don't have the Great Curse, the Neverborn revoke it because why have such a terrible flaw in your tools? However, Abyssals can go Solar again and the Curse isn't reinstated! The cherry on top is that the Abyssals were in large part The Ebon Dragon's idea. TED, the one that must betray, and if he has no one else to betray he betrays himself. And his arguably greatest acomplishment since imprisonment, the Abyssal Exalted's existence, can get rid of the Solar's Achilles Heel. If that isn't poetry, I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post

Well, slavery ends up being one of those moral stepping stones on the way to modern liberalism. Before the innovation of slavery, when your army took someone else's land, you killed anyone who couldn't run away fast enough. The idea of not taking someone's land when you are able to takes a longer time to form, born out of the idea of the equality of human dignity.
                  I don't want to take this thread on a massive tangent, but slavery predates all written records, and was found in all ancient "civilised" societies. Ancient Egypt, China, Sumer, etc. It comes hand-in-hand with the development of land ownership and agriculture (probably. Not like we have any written records from the beginning of slavery. But those are things that happened about the same time). Before the innovation of slavery... basically, people were hunter-gatherers, so they didn't have armies or own land. I suppose you could argue that one hunter-gatherer tribe might fight another to drive them out of some prime territory? So I guess you could say you're right from a certain point of view? Armies invading and killing everyone is probably a bit misleading in how people imagine it, when it comes to hunter-gatherers though.

Demons in Hell get a bum deal though. Serve inhuman, uncaring masters in Hell or serve human masters in Creation.
                  We can agree on that.
                  Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 12-27-2018, 05:46 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                  X