The EIGHTH Annual Exalted White Elephant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EIGHTH Annual Exalted White Elephant

Hello all! The yuletide approaches, so that means it's once again time for one of our annual traditions, the Exalted White Elephant! As always the rules are simple:

(1) To sign up, post in this topic saying that you want to participate. Please be clear on this! I don't want anyone to miss out because I thought someone was signing up when they weren't or vice versa!

(2) When you post that you're signing up, please share a couple ideas of what you'd like to receive, or at least post some things you particularly like about the game/setting! It makes things a lot easier for your gift giver to get started if they have an idea of what you'll enjoy.

(3) Sign-ups will be open until 2200 PST on Thursday, Dec. 6th (That's 0600 UTC on Friday the 7th for all our non-North American members), at which point I will close the sign-ups. After that, I will use my eldritch powers to assign each person who signed up another participant at random, and notify you via PM. You will then make something for this assigned recipient. This can take the form of just about anything, from character right ups, Artifacts, and NPCs to Martial Arts Styles, Settings, character art or short stories! The point is for it to cost you nothing but your time and creative effort to produce something for your recipient; do what you can!

(4) Once you know who you are giving your gift to, you will have a couple of weeks to produce something for them. Starting around Christmas, if you're finished, post your gift with "White Elephant for X", where X is your recipient, in the title. However, the holidays are a hectic time, so the due date is Sunday, January 6th. This should give you a month to get your gift ready. Please have your gift posted by then! I understand that life life sometimes gets in the way of things, and that's alright. If it looks like you'll miss the due date, please just let me or your recipient know you'll be a bit late.

And there we go! Happy gift-giving!

And of course, I'll be participating! I'm particularly fond of Sidereals, especially in their role as Creation's premier Martial Artists. So anything related to either Sidereals or Martial Arts, like Divine or Demonic Martial Artists/Dojos, legends of lost styles and techniques, or Martial organizations, for example, would be neat. I also like behemoths, kaiju, hekatonkhires, and other nasty monsters. If you're artistically adept, character art would be awesome!

Comment

I'll toss my hat into the ring as well. I love giant monsters of all stripes, along with Lunars and Faeries.

Comment

I'm in!

I usually make art for this, or settings to put in folks' games.

In terms of stuff for me...I am running a House of Bells game starting in mid January, so stuff for that would be super helpful: student organizations, NPC teachers, custom artifacts or martial arts styles with some historical connection to the school, hazings or student traditions...stuff like that.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

I would love to participate, but I will be traveling and unable to post until late January. So regrettably, I will be out this year.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

I've been waiting for the opportunity to make a new artifact. Let's do this.

As it stands, at some point next-year-ish I'm going to be playing in a game set in the West. I'd like a location or a character I can weave into my character's backstory.

Comment

Add my name! I like demons, Malfeas, weird things of prehuman origins! Anything of that sort!

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

I'm in.

I draw, but not very well.

I write, but not very well, either.

As for what I'd like, I'd fucking love some art of my Twilight character, Spider. Failing that, a story with him featuring prominently would be nice.

Spider is a stylish black man in the prime of his youth. His body, clad in stylish silks that show off more than a little bit of it, is not muscled, as he is not a fighter. His eyes are yellow, and so he wears clothes to match, and has six amber studs piercing his eyebrows. He is energetic and pleasant, and wears the sword Distaff at his side.

As I said, he's a Twilight Caste; his Anima banner is a gleaming tapestry of ephemeral threads depicting many worlds connected by golden gates.

Spider is a loremaster, but he's also a sorcerer and a craftsman. He once spent a year and a day as a spider as punishment for reading from a god's book of spells, but he came away from it with an abiding love for working silk.

If you have any other queries about him, don't hesitate to PM me.
                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 12-05-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I'm in.
                  I'd like something sorcery-related - spells, initiations, art of a sorcerer doing cool sorcerous things, that general range

Comment

I'm in!

I can write passably well, but cannot draw anything better than doodles.

My Twilight is a treasure hunter, so I'd love to get an artifact for her to find or a ruin for her to explore. Alternatively, some art about her or anything about Sidereals, Raksha or Malfeas is very welcome.

Comment

I'm in!

My next game will be a Dragon-Blooded campaign, starting in secondary school, and going through the character's sabbatical and beyond. So, anything that could go with that would be awesome.

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
                      Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                      I do maps for your games!
                      Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

I'll participate! I can't draw worth anything, but I'm always up for writing. As for the gift, my favorite kind of Exalted are the Lunars. Anything to do with my favorite moon-monsters makes me happy, so go wild under the silver light of Mother Luna!

Comment

Hi all! Just a bit over two days left to sign up!

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          As for what I'd like, I'd fucking love some art of my Twilight character, Spider. Failing that, a story with him featuring prominently would be nice.
                          Hey Alucard- would you mind putting something up about this character, so your gift-giver has some information to work on? Want to make sure that your gift is related to your character, not some unrelated Twilight who happens to also be neamed Spider after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                            Hey Alucard- would you mind putting something up about this character, so your gift-giver has some information to work on? Want to make sure that your gift is related to your character, not some unrelated Twilight who happens to also be neamed Spider after all!
                            Edited my first post with some visual details, will add some more stuff shortly. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

I'm in. I'll likely do an artifact or location for whoever gets me as their gift giver.

If an artist gets me, I would enjoy character art (specifics to follow later). If not, I'd like a neat artifact 2 gadget, something not powerful, that had a use in the First Age and might have an alternate use today. Alternately, an interesting place in the Scavenger Lands or Hundred Kingdoms or a weird First Age Ruin. Something Lunar related would be fine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X