Lunars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunars

Just wanted to let you all know that Neall ran a group, including me, thru character creation and some combat for Exalted: Lunars. The combat was pretty awesome and Neall was fun as a GM. Thanks, Neal!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

Any details you can disclosure? How did they feel, power-level wise? And craft-wise, do they seem able to do higher-level artifacts?

Comment

Originally posted by pcontop View Post
      And craft-wise, do they seem able to do higher-level artifacts?
      Do you typically create your artifacts in the midst of a fight? He said Neall ran them through "some combat."

(He also used the name of a 1e supplement, though, so maybe they were kickin' it old-school.)

Comment

Ooh, I heard about this one. It sounded fun.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

What was your favourite thing?

Did combat as Lunars feel substantially different from combat as Solars?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Since default shapeshifting cannot be flurried with an attack, battles normally only last around four rounds, and activating either Hybrid Body or Deadly Beastman Transformation is a Simple Charm...

Was there any Lunar who fought like Bayonetta? Relying on artifact weapons and full access to their Evocations to fight, and only using shapeshifting to assume a form more advantageous to winning a rush or disengage action?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Well, not sure how much info I can give compared to Solar as I haven't played that since 1st edition. There was a charm that made transformation almost instantaneous. I believe it cost 4 motes and 2 initiative. I enjoyed the withering attack mechanics. There were A LOT of charms and Neall had the only copy on his phone. We did nothing with artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Do you typically create your artifacts in the midst of a fight? He said Neall ran them through "some combat."

(He also used the name of a 1e supplement, though, so maybe they were kickin' it old-school.)
                Of course, if there was a character creation, I figured he should be able to see something more of the charmset. So, I fished.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it! I know a lot of folks are jumping back into Exalted like me with Ex3. Spending initiative to speed up shapeshifting is sick!

Comment

What was your favorite charm?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      What was your favorite charm?

Honestly, we spent so much time creating characters that we only did about 25 minutes of combat. I believe Neall said there are "hundreds" of charms to choose from. He went over the charms he thought would be interesting for us. If I remember correctly, there were three Full Moons, one Changing Moon, & one No Moon. I would assume the combat is the same as with Solar but Neall adding stunt dice and/or automatic success to our roles depending on how we described what we were doing is a great mechanic.

Comment

What did you play?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          What did you play?

The PC I made was a Full Moon with a hunter concept. He had an affinity for big cats. His chosen form was a cougar.

Comment

Cool, nice and classic.

Any particularly cool powers you took/used?

What did you think of your anima powers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              Cool, nice and classic.

Any particularly cool powers you took/used?

What did you think of your anima powers?
                              Thanks. I figured a to-the-point fighter type would be easiest for a two hour demo.
                              When I get home from work I'll look at the character sheet and check the charms. it's hard to remember them all considering the fancy names for each one.

Comment

Working...
                              X