• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
      Right. But it's reasonable to assume they will tell us what Kickstarter is next in tomorrow's Monday Meeting Notes, right? So if it isn't Lunars we will know it's going to be late April at the soonest.
      Maybe. But they might want to give the people more time to work before they announce anything. Plus, both Lunars and Hunter need to be approved by White Wolf, which can take a few weeks and might produce other changes before starting the loop again.

I’m not saying they definitely won’t announce it tomorrow, but it’s just as likely that they’ll wait until they’re definitely sure they can be ready in time for the KS to announce it.

Comment

I'd kind of like them to finish some of the Dragon Blooded and Realm stuff before they start providing Lunars.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          I'd kind of like them to finish some of the Dragon Blooded and Realm stuff before they start providing Lunars.
          Pushing back preparation for the Lunars Kickstarter wouldn't speed up the release of Dragon-Blooded or The Realm.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Pushing back preparation for the Lunars Kickstarter wouldn't speed up the release of Dragon-Blooded or The Realm.
            You misunderstand me. Those books could take another three years to come out, and I would still want it to be in a particular order with a certain space of time between them. It's a personal thing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Hmm, Monday meeting notes says (in Art Notes) KS finals in KS prep begins. I’m not quite sure whether this means Lunars is the next KS or the one after that...

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

You misunderstand me. Those books could take another three years to come out, and I would still want it to be in a particular order with a certain space of time between them. It's a personal thing.
                I agree, it's not like a production thing, it's more like a hype cycle thing. Right now my brain is mulling all over ideas for DB campaigns and I'm super excited for the Realm to come to us so I can get even more ideas and launch into an awesome campaign for elemental samurai. Or maybe a mortal campaign under the boot heel of imperial oppression. Then after than we can play Lunars and tear it all down. Or build something better. First one then the other, yeah...that one...

Comment

I think it does.

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                    Hmm, Monday meeting notes says (in Art Notes) KS finals in KS prep begins. I’m not quite sure whether this means Lunars is the next KS or the one after that...
                    Based on prior history, it means Lunars are next - they've got the final KS art in, and are now preparing the Kickstarter. Should be sometime in the next few weeks.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

I agree, it's not like a production thing, it's more like a hype cycle thing. Right now my brain is mulling all over ideas for DB campaigns and I'm super excited for the Realm to come to us so I can get even more ideas and launch into an awesome campaign for elemental samurai. Or maybe a mortal campaign under the boot heel of imperial oppression. Then after than we can play Lunars and tear it all down. Or build something better. First one then the other, yeah...that one...
                      Fair enough if that's the case, but my brain has been in the hype cycle for lunars since the core dropped. So I can't wait. I was somewhat surprised to see no new Kickstarter announced with the newest MMN.

Comment

Personally, while extra DB stuff is nice, basic Lunars stuff would simply be more useful. I can run a DB game now, I can't run a Lunars game.
                        So I'd rather have Lunars first, then the extra DB stuff, then Exigents, then the extra Lunar stuff, etc.

Honestly, I got the DB KS text nearly a year ago. The hype cycle on DB has wound down for me.

Incidentally, I assumed they'd want to get the Lunars KS released by March at the latest, because I think they'll want to be able to say that the Lunars KS was released within a year of the DB KS. And that looks like it'll happen. Which is great!

My characters:
                        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          Honestly, I got the DB KS text nearly a year ago. The hype cycle on DB has wound down for me.
                          This makes me think of a weird kind of layering in Exalted consumers. If you took part in the Kickstarter, you've had Dragon Blooded for about a year, and are ready for Lunars. If you didn't, you're still waiting on that release by the time all of the hype and attention shifts to Lunars, and have only had little releases of enemies to tide you over in the meantime. It feels a bit fragmentary.

Comment

Oh yeah. It seems really weird to me that the Dragonblood book still isn't technically out, when my friends have been playing a 3rd ed Dragonblood game for a year, I play a mixed game with a Dragonblood member, and I've been considering whether to play a DB after this arc ends and I retire my Solar for, what, about 8 months?

I got a lift from an old friend the other day, whose gaming group had recently tried Exalted 3rd ed, and the players liked it but the ST got frustrated with just having the Core antagonists, which didn't at all challenge four combat-orientated Solars, and gave up. I guess he couldn't go to Drivethru and see the Dragonblood book, because it's not actually out. And while I like the monthly releases (because, frankly, I buy the ones I like the look of and not the boring ones or ones similar to something I could easily make myself), someone who doesn't pay attention to Exalted so much would probably miss them.
                            (Once they're in a proper book, that'll probably be easier, as people will go "oh, that's the Monster Manual, I should get that to run the game.)

I mean, I'm not sure there's any good alternative (unless you could go back in time to when funding models for rpgs were different). But it still does maybe feel a bit weird.
                            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 01-22-2019, 08:01 AM.

My characters:
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              I mean, I'm not sure there's any good alternative (unless you could go back in time to when funding models for rpgs were different).
                              I want to analyse this line a bit, but first I'd want to be sure exactly what you mean by it.

Comment

Well, basically most RPGs, other than DnD (ie the one with the most money), get Kickstarted now. I assume this is because of economic and advertising reasons.

When they do Kickstarters, I think they do far better when they promise to release the text as part of the KS. I assume that's why OP does that with most of their KSs now. People back because they want the text, but also people know that the text is done, so they're not going to have to wait years (my friend who invested like £100 in the Exalted Core KS was very annoyed that he had to wait years to get anything, but was mollified with Dragonblood because he knew the text was written and he'd get it straight away). I myself didn't back the Core, but backed the Dragonblood Kickstarter. And while I'm still waiting for my copy of Heirs and the Realm (I think that was on the backer tier? I don't remember), I got the text of Dragonblood pretty much straight away, so I'm happy, and will back Lunars.

But, if they a)do Kickstarters, and b)release the text as part of that Kickstarter, then you're going to get this disconnect in the development cycle between backers and non-backers (and, frankly, that's a tool to get people to back; a kind of early-access pass).

Saying that, I believe it's possible to get the stuff already released on the Kickstart page by backing now, even though the KS finished? I think maybe someone said that? Not sure.
                                But it's easy to miss if you didn't know about it.

So, maybe there's some way to make that better known? Advertising, links on the Onyx Path shop? Something on Drivethru would be most useful.

My characters:

Comment

Working...
                                X