Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is terrible and I love it.

Comment

• 3 Billion, 392 Million using DD/MM/YYYY compared to just the USA and Phillipines using MMDDYYYY https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_f...ountry_NEW.svg

I think that shows a right and wrong (USA! USA!)
      Last edited by Illithid; 01-30-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verzio View Post

Well, they would have added a stretch goal to replace the date code, except that Onyx Path can't go back to 2002 to add it. Exalted doesn't allow time travel.
        That was the perfect joke.

Comment

• Woohoo!

[10char]

Woohoo x 2!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• I just asked Vance elsewhere about the viability of nonbinary or genderfluid Lunars in Exalted third edition, and wanted to cross-post his reply for posterity.

Originally posted by Robert Vance
            One of the many things Luna is a goddess of is people who exist outside of gender norms and social conventions

If you have gender dysphoria, and you Exalt as a Lunar, your true human shape changes into one that you will be comfortable in

Many-Faced Moon Transformation does let you very easily add, remove, or change sexual characteristics, and its Appearance 1 so everyone can get it, but I didn't want to make trans Lunars have to get that Charm

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              I just asked Vance elsewhere about the viability of nonbinary or genderfluid Lunars in Exalted third edition, and wanted to cross-post his reply for posterity.
              Vance, thank you. Thank you so much. I am not trans myself, but someone in my close family is, and I've seen them struggle with it for decades.
              This small but important details means a ton to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

• Hm, if that happens to a dereth do they drop the gray?

Comment

• That seems like something for which there are no specific cultural rules, and so it depends on them.
                  (Even if there are specific cultural rules about if magic changes your genitals, they're a Lunar. They're going to do what they want.)

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    I just asked Vance elsewhere about the viability of nonbinary or genderfluid Lunars in Exalted third edition, and wanted to cross-post his reply for posterity.

Was this ever in Question? Lunars seemed to always be doing this, and this is Specifically Luna’s schtick. It is interesting to include it in the Basic package when you Exalt, and it’s sensible to have it as Appearance one so everyone can get it.

But seriously when was this ever I question about it’s Viability? From everything seen with the the Developers and the history of Lunars who would have been surprised about this?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      That seems like something for which there are no specific cultural rules, and so it depends on them.
                      (Even if there are specific cultural rules about if magic changes your genitals, they're a Lunar. They're going to do what they want.)
                      Solars, Sidereals and Dragon Blooded seem starkly affected by their birth culture and history. And while Lunars are too they seem to have that Tricksy Cultural hero shapeshifter aspect that births new cultures or at least shapes existing ones.

So basically they don’t have to be defined by their native cultures rules. So basically they would choose if they want to portray as Dereth or not, just like they would choose if they want to live a few Decades as a Giant owl to dream away trauma or if they want to wear the skins if fat Guild Factors or Beautiful Gods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Was this ever in Question? Lunars seemed to always be doing this, and this is Specifically Luna’s schtick. It is interesting to include it in the Basic package when you Exalt, and it’s sensible to have it as Appearance one so everyone can get it.

But seriously when was this ever I question about it’s Viability? From everything seen with the the Developers and the history of Lunars who would have been surprised about this?
                        Thing is, it's never been made explicit and validated until now, and having the devs come out and say it is important for non-cis fans.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Thing is, it's never been made explicit and validated until now, and having the devs come out and say it is important for non-cis fans.
                          Damnit I keep misclicking on my phone tonight! Fourth time! I need to copy and Paste long posts!

But it was explicit before this. It was always a Lunar Schtick and a Luna Theme. We even have the Sutra of the Silver Maiden. This was all before 3rd ed, which has for its cover a single Solar in Close up, and it’s a trans male. This is the core book of the Gameline, a trans male getting a solo cover, not a group shot like 2nd ed. And Solars are meant to be the Everyman write large, with heroic proportions. Then we get the Dragonblooded boom and the Immaculate Dragon of Water Mela’s human incarnation is a transgender woman. Arguably the Empresses Most prestigious husband was a transgender man. And we even have an example of a NonBinary Tepet hero.

Things were explicit before this. It reminds me of a question I asked Vance about if A really worthy mortal was cursed into the shape of a beast like a Falcon when the Exaltations were released how would that work. Vance said they wouldn’t be passed over and the Exaltation of the Sun would likely break the curse or at least return the ability to take the shape of a human again. This is just clarification of how Exaltation works, by giving more in depth rules for Lunars.

It was always explicit that Lunars often were NonBinary in their outlook and many shifted their genders to the point some couldn’t remember their original forms. This was an accepted and acknowledged thing before we got this Lunar book for 3rd ed. Nothing led me to believe it would be anything but open and accepting to this type of character.

Comment

But it was explicit before this. It was always a Lunar Schtick and a Luna Theme. We even have the Sutra of the Silver Maiden. This was all before 3rd ed, which has for its cover a single Solar in Close up, and it’s a trans male. This is the core book of the Gameline, a trans male getting a solo cover, not a group shot like 2nd ed. And Solars are meant to be the Everyman write large, with heroic proportions. Then we get the Dragonblooded boom and the Immaculate Dragon of Water Mela’s human incarnation is a transgender woman. Arguably the Empresses Most prestigious husband was a transgender man. And we even have an example of a NonBinary Tepet hero.

It was always explicit that Lunars often were NonBinary in their outlook and many shifted their genders to the point some couldn’t remember their original forms. This was an accepted and acknowledged thing before we got this Lunar book for 3rd ed. Nothing led me to believe it would be anything but open and accepting to this type of character.
                            But the fact that it is acknowledged, that people talk about it, that the devs say: this is something we want to include, these are ideas and concepts we want to stand behind, is incredibly important.
                            Because even if that sidebar hadn't been there, even if Vance hadn't said anything, you could still play a transgender Lunar. But the fact that they say something, the fact they write something and put it in the book and say "this is something we care about" is incredibly important (to me, at least).
                            I don't think many people in the LGBTQ community want riots and massive changes. They want to be themselves. They want their way of life, their feelings, to be reflected in the books they read and the games they play. I think that is what matters. That they have role models, that they have people they can relate too, even if those are fictional characters.

I hope I'm not saying anything wrong here. I'm myself not part of the LGBTQ community, but I've known a few people that are, and I've seen some of the things they struggle with. If I said anything wrong, please let me know, but also understand I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Comment

• Ugh I need to get a computer my misclicks in my phone tonight are egregious!

Basically I’m saying your heart is in a good place, you shouldn’t need to tip toe because you aren’t speaking for others only expressing your own personal gratitude. Yes the game is accepting. And it is moving in a positive direction. I have faith in the Dev team.

Comment

the Immaculate Dragon of Water Mela
                                Danaa'd. Mela is Air.

Comment

Working...
                                X