Monday Meeting for 12-17-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Meeting for 12-17-18

Hmmm.... Nothing Exalted related during the main text.

Across the 8 Directions is in First Draft

Heirs to the Shogunate is in second draft

Lunars is still in Development

Lunars art is still going.

Dragon-Blooded is still....!!!!!!!

DRAGON BLOODED BACKER DRAFT IS GOING OUT THIS WEEK!

Oh, nice. Presumably in the middle of the week, that's normally when they seem to release stuff.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

EX3 Lunars – So far, so good.
      I want it! I'm so hyped!

Also, the fact that they decided to Kickstart TCFBtS now instead of after the holidays hopefully means Lunars is coming soon? I... I feel like it's closing in on a Kickstarter, but it's hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
        I want it! I'm so hyped!

Also, the fact that they decided to Kickstart TCFBtS now instead of after the holidays hopefully means Lunars is coming soon? I... I feel like it's closing in on a Kickstarter, but it's hard to tell.
        They previously listed doing KS art for Lunars, so it's coming up - likely either the next one or the one after, depending on where the CofD Hunter 2e KS goes.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

They previously listed doing KS art for Lunars, so it's coming up - likely either the next one or the one after, depending on where the CofD Hunter 2e KS goes.
          I know, it's so exciting. My body is ready. My wallet isn't.

Comment

I guess they'll want to consider the Kickstart of Lunars in relation to the release of Dragonblood (which I assume they'll be keen to do no later than March) to build interest but not over-strain wallets.

Of course, there's probably a general feeling of trying to keep monentum lost during the Core book process, but that's something you always do if you can.

My characters:
            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Has anyone gotten started with any DB games yet since the Kickstarter? I've already finished one story arc with my players and have started on the second one. As much as I'd like to play around with Lunars, I'm super happy to continue the DB game for quite a while longer, but this time with art in the book. ^^
              Last edited by Ekorren; 12-18-2018, 01:14 PM.

Freelancer for Exalted | Content creator and worldbuilder
              Youtube Channel | Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                Has anyone gotten started with any DB games yet since the Kickstarter? I've already finished one story arc with my players and has started on the second one. As much as I'd like to play around with Lunars, I'm super happy to be continue the DB game for quite a while longer, but this time with art in the book. ^^
                I have played several games with only one PC in it (which is how I usually play Exalted). I've found that DB's tend to be significantly lower power level than solars (duh), but that with their charms that can still be quite cool and fun to play. I do wish Essence 3 was easier to get to because Signatures are super cool and we don't often get to play with them

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                  I want it! I'm so hyped!

They’ll presumably want Lunars to have finished going through Manuscript Approval before the KS, which might entail some editing depending. So they still have however much development they need to do as well as all the approvals before the KS can start. That said, They Came From will run through the middle of January, so they’re unlikely to start another one before late February, so who knows.

Comment

Has anyone gotten started with any DB games yet since the Kickstarter?
                    The game in which I play the Knight Raiton, one of the other players is a Lookshyan DB.

Comment

Has anyone gotten started with any DB games yet since the Kickstarter?
                      I've been playing a Water Aspect in a game with two Solars (well, one's a homebrewed Abyssal, but similar power level). I feel like the power of the Dragon-blooded is very specific, but when you find that niche they can really shine. They can get really impressive rolls using auto-success, reroll, and exploding dice Excellencies, but only in two or three applications of an Ability, depending on what elemental aspect the Charms are. For instance, my Water Aspect has been scarier on Intimidate rolls than the Dawn thanks to Burning Dragon Mien, Dragon Mariner Attitude, and the Presence Excellency. However, the Dawn is making broader uses of her Presence, rather than just big Intimidate actions. I've had a lot of fun finding the ways to make my Charms work for the situation that we are in, rather than just having a huge power answer to most things like a Solar (which is fun in its own right, don't get me wrong). Also, the universal DB anima power of manipulating your element for a mote is incredible stunt fodder. Need higher Defense? Sure is hard for these attacking ocean critters to swarm me when I swirl the water into a whirlpool around myself!

Comment

Errata thread is up as of very early this morning so probably means emails go out today.

Comment

Working...
                        X