X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrLoveMonkey
    started a topic A Few Questions About Aura

A Few Questions About Aura

1. If you're in aura, can you use an aura charm combined with a charm of a different element? Technically activating the charm kicks you out of aura, but does it let you get the combo off first? For that matter, do charms that have a bonus effect when in aura, or can only be used in aura, get to be comboed with charms expending aura?

2. If you expend aura in a turn only using that element, do you get it right back at the end of turn, since you spent a turn using only that element?

The answer to these might be obvious but I reread through and didn't get it.

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Ah damnit, I knew at least one of these questions had an obvious answer that I somehow glossed over, thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    1) Per page 163: "An Aura Charm can’t be used in the same instant with Charms of other elements, unless those Charms have the Balanced keyword"

2) I believe Vance said that you do. This does mean that "spend aura" is a bigger cost for charms that you use outside your turn. In-turn charms it's more of a restriction on what you can combo together (can only spend it once, y'know?)
    For example, the Resistance Fire Signature Charm, Raging Fire-Dragon Spirit, cannot supplement a rush action that you supplement with the Athletics Fire Signature, Inescapable Blazing Advance, since you need to spend a Fire Aura for the Athletics Charm, and the Resistance Charm ends as soon as you lose your Fire Aura.

Even when dealing with Charms that don't end when you lose an Aura, they might have effects that only work when you have the Aura; these Aura-enhanced effects also fail to apply to the effects of another Charm that spends an Aura.

Dragon-Blooded are specifically designed to be incapable of using their best tricks together. It's what justifies giving them so much power in singular tricks.

Put another way, they are granted so much power in individual Charms so that they don't have to rely on putting their best tricks together to get their maximum output.

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    1) Per page 163: "An Aura Charm can’t be used in the same instant with Charms of other elements, unless those Charms have the Balanced keyword"

2) I believe Vance said that you do. This does mean that "spend aura" is a bigger cost for charms that you use outside your turn. In-turn charms it's more of a restriction on what you can combo together (can only spend it once, y'know?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X