Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Lookshy has what like a hundred times the Concentration of Exalted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lundgren View Post
    Now, I don't have the books close by. But as far as I know, a Neomah creates a child from bits it bites of from the parents. So a "normal" child of a neomah usually has a hundred parents or more.
    Neomah weave children from samples of flesh or sexual fluids donated for the project. Biting is not required. A multitude of donors may be used, typically not many; as the more numerous and varied the donors used, the more likely the child will develop an aberant personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
      There are probably middle ways where you can alter the Neomah function to reduce sorcery baby factory type stuff while supporting same sex couple reproduction fantasy stuff to a degree that it's not hugely more or less difficult than the status quo.
      Yes, and it's right there in progenitive Essence.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• That's a way, sure, not necessarily the most minimal or only way.

Comment

• I keep being torn on how to approach Dragon Blooded and mortals of no breeding*. My first impulse is that it should drop the odds significantly; if a regular couple has a 50% chance, I don't think the odds for only one parent with the bloodline should be half that. That can be squared with the idea that each parent is providing more than just a percentage, and that it's more like each providing half the chromosomes.

On the other hand, I find the odd reference to inviting Dragon Blooded to marry into something like mortal royalty for the sake of adding a strain of the bloodline in. Maybe that should be something mostly concerned with the Well-Bred, with their odds reduced from 80% to something around 20.

* I've noted that the Well-Bred Merit removed the Dragon Blooded prerequisite, so now it can apply to anybody with the right parents.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
            That's a way, sure, not necessarily the most minimal or only way.
            I'm all for not overly complicating the subject, but I think there's a point at which being minimal just leaves a lot of nagging unanswered questions. I think that point is only a few steps below where we are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
              Neomah weave children from samples of flesh or sexual fluids donated for the project. Biting is not required. A multitude of donors may be used, typically not many; as the more numerous and varied the donors used, the more likely the child will develop an aberant personality.
              Sure, and the amount needed by only using sexual fluids means a load of encounters to have the material. Or are we talking hentai amount per load here?

That is my point. You can do it with a neomah, without being hurt, but that take a load of time. Or it can be quick, but hurt like hell. Neither is a shortcut, or a solution to those wanting an army of DBs starting with just a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lundgren View Post
                Sure, and the amount needed by only using sexual fluids means a load of encounters to have the material. Or are we talking hentai amount per load here?

That is my point. You can do it with a neomah, without being hurt, but that take a load of time. Or it can be quick, but hurt like hell. Neither is a shortcut, or a solution to those wanting an army of DBs starting with just a few.
                It only takes one day, and there is no indication of ill effect on the donors. Where are you getting... Wait...

( Okay, checking 2ed core, and 1ed GoD... Oh, I see... )

Ah. No. It seems that has been amended. Ex3 does not suggest that the neomah requires an entire baby mass of donations for the project, nor that it is a long and arduous project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                  It only takes one day, and there is no indication of ill effect on the donors. Where are you getting... Wait...

( Okay, checking 2ed core, and 1ed GoD... Oh, I see... )

Ah. No. It seems that has been amended. Ex3 does not suggest that the neomah requires an entire baby mass of donations for the project, nor that it is a long and arduous project.
                  So, I agree that is a reason for progenetive essense. As long no one blame earlier editions on that rewrite of neomah, I won't argue against it.

Comment

• Problem is the old limitation on Neomah was more of an issue to the infertile/same sex couple than the sorcerer who wants to build an army.

It doesn't have to be 50:50, it you're willing to sacrifice a captive or a slave as the second donor then the average adult male (83.9 kg) has enough mass to make almost 24 newborn children (3.5 kg).

If the fiancée and I wanted a demon baby then 1.75 kg of genetic material is a huge undertaking and I guess we could save up years worth of hair, blood and toenail clippings ...but if that's kosher, can't the sorcerer just carve up a well-preserved corpse?
                    Last edited by Lioness; 01-13-2019, 12:53 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                      Problem is the old limitation on Neomah was more of an issue to the infertile/same sex couple than the sorcerer who wants to build an army.
                      Well, splitting 3,5kg (I think the average was closer to 3kg just a few decades ago) with 266 day would mean 13,16g per day, which then could be split over both parents. Then there is also the option to let it take longer time.

So, problem and issue?

Comment

• Neomah flesh crafting is one of those things that I judge as having always been way overthought. On several counts. Relevant here is that, offhand, I can recall no reference to the idea that crafting a baby requires a quantity of tissue equal to the mass of the baby. I see no narrative value to such a constraint, because neomah look like a basic utility demon, weird in the manner of their kind.

Maybe there's the reference to how they only craft for their own business when they have "enough" material, but I've generally read that as demonic arbitrariness rather than a necessary constraint.

(Making armies with neomah is a bit silly, or at least requires about the same commitment as building an army any other way; you start off with lots of babies, and how many years is it going to be before they can fight? Where is their food coming from?

Really, that's often gone for lots of ideas about the Dragon Blooded as well.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                          (Making armies with neomah is a bit silly, or at least requires about the same commitment as building an army any other way; you start off with lots of babies, and how many years is it going to be before they can fight? Where is their food coming from?

Really, that's often gone for lots of ideas about the Dragon Blooded as well.)
                          Lunars are frequently the elephant in the room in these discussions, because this is exactly how they've been operating for the last two editions. Places like Dzibilchan came to occupy the quasi-canon state they do because "breed my own Dragon-Blooded" has only been ignored as an option for them due to deeply rooted prejudice.
                          Last edited by The Hug Ninja; 01-13-2019, 09:34 PM.

Simple Exigent Guidelines, a work in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
                            Lunars are frequently the elephant in the room
                            I see what you did, there.
                            Last edited by Blackwell; 01-14-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Lets say the Isolationist Faction gains prominence, what would Lookshy work on in a ten year plan? Would they expand outposts into towns? Would they use arcane technics to expand the housing for the city like maybe up or down of spatially folded?

How much of Lookshys population is outside of their Citystate? If a truly huge amount then does Lookshy have a tradition of just flat out not owning a much more then you can travel with, or perhaps having family homes where they can send their possessions?

What is the point of making Lookshy Patriarchal besides the trope of them being a mirror of the Realm. It reminds of other fictional rivals like Tevinter’s Chantry being Patriarchal and The Orthodox Chantry being matriarchal in Dragon Age. I mean Lookshy is even more egalitarian with the sexes then the Realm that seems enough to me. But why are they Patriarchal, besides the useful trope of just being the weird upside down rivals? Was the Shogunate Patriarchal?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X