Agape, Familiar Fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agape, Familiar Fish

Theodotus's familiar, he likes cooking but hates hunting so like a normal sorcerer, he made a tuna fish that is re-eatable.

I should have made a pig for 2019, but technically Lunar New Year hasn't come yet so a fish is still fine ~

Agape, Banquet Table Siren (3• Familiar)

A witch created Agape to serve as their perfect ever-replenishing source of meats, though nobody knows why the witch imbue the fish with such sublime beauty, skin glistering with blue stripes like a summer ocean and golden scales decorated its fins with deep somber eyes that tells the love story of a sea hag noon witch. Agape can steal the heart of countless tyrants and fairies with just a seducing glance if it isn’t already so madly in love with its creator, and thus the fish responds to any suitors with scaling curses and insults.

Essence:3; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 3 dice
    Personal Motes:100
    Health Levels:-0 / -1 x 1 / -2 x 1 / -4 x 1 / Incap.
    Actions:Swimming (6 dice), Sense (4 dice), Resisting Disease and Sickness: (8 dice), Being Cute (7 dice), Cursing: (10 dice)
    Appearance 8, Resolve 3, Guile 6
    Attack (Bite):2 dice (Damage 1)
    Combat Movement:10 dice
    Evasion 5, Parry 1
    Soak/Hardness:3/2

Sample Intimacies:
    • Defining Principle: “I love to be eaten by master.”
    • Defining Tie: Theodotus (Endless Infinity Bottomless Love)
    • Major Principle: “True love can only be achieved with inner beauty.”
    • Major Tie: Theodotus’s Friends (Eager to please)
    • Major Tie: People with cooking skill (Respect)
    • Minor Principle: “Sunbathing with salt on my skin is so calming.”
    • Minor Tie: Suitor (Annoyance)
    Merits

Thousand-Facet Tuna: By tasting the blood of a non-magical animal, Agape can transform its meat into the meat of such creature with a Miscellaneous action.

Two Worlds Grace: Agape can swim through the air as if it’s water and can breathe air without suffocating.

Heavenly Ingredient: Agape’s meat is never spoiled and combines perfectly with every other ingredient or method of cooking, the chef reroll every 1s on his Craft roll when preparing a meal using Agape’s meat.

Fish Spring Eternal:As long as Agape’s bone still existed, it can be resurrected by burying the bone into the ground and spring water onto the spot. The fish will grow back into its normal form after a day has passed.

Defensive Charms

Fish Soul, Sun Bod (10m,1wp; Reflexive, Instant): A spark of its Solar creator is imbued within Agape’s body, allowing the fish to increase its soak to 20 and hardness to 10. This charm can only be used once per scene unless Agape crashes another opponent.

Social Charms

Elegant Psari Slander (5m; Reflexive, Instant): Hurling insults after insults, Agape wears down the enemy mental health. Roll 10 dices against the opponent's Resolve whom is inflicted with a negative tie toward themselves if they fail to resist. The lost of confidence also cause them to lose 5i (and an additional 1i for each threshold success on Agape’s roll), if this lead to the opponent to enter crash then the negative tie increases to one tier, if it’s already at the Defining level the opponent can’t leave crash for the rest of the scene.

First Hook Impression (10m, 1wp; Reflexive, Indefinite): Anyone who meets Agape for the first time must roll their Resolve against an inspire action, if Agape successes then the target receives a minor Intimacy of platonic love toward the fish that can’t be eroded as long as he can see Agape. Furthermore, he can suppress his other romantic Intimacies without paying Willpower or receiving Limit.

Sun Siren Ways (4m; Reflexive, Instant): Agape can add 4 dice to any social rolls, if the target is already inflicted with Elegant Psari Slander then the roll is also benefited from double 9s.
    Last edited by Jen; 01-03-2019, 07:35 AM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Interesting. And adorable.

I like how the picture is overall simple, but finely detailed.

Is Agape based on anything folkloric, or purely your own creation?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Interesting

If it could regen its flesh faster than a day, then it'd be a 4 dot familiar - because then you could farm it to feed larger groups of people, making it a very potent mobile source of military meat fuel.

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

I actually super love this.

However, given the social charms, he should probably have a Social Influence die pool in his list of actions, unless "Being Cute" is his social pool. At least an Inspire pool.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Is Agape based on anything folkloric, or purely your own creation?
          Ah, the Zenith has a fish and sea theme so I want a fish as his familiar, I come up with most of the write-up on my own, but the burial part is stolen from a folktale in my country where the protagonist buries the bone of her magical fishes in the earth and they get resurrected the next day (or turned into treasures depend on which version).

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          I actually super love this.

However, given the social charms, he should probably have a Social Influence die pool in his list of actions, unless "Being Cute" is his social pool. At least an Inspire pool.
          Yeah, being cute is indeed his social pool, since I can't find a way to fit that character trait into the description so I stuffed it in the action pool instead. Though that maybe a bad idea since it looks very confusing...
          Last edited by Jen; 01-03-2019, 11:47 PM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Are the suitors proposing to Agape's creator, or to Agape?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
            Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
            My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

I find its characteristics to be effectively reminiscent of folklore. I also like it having a straightforward inhuman Principle.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post

Ah, the Zenith has a fish and sea theme so I want a fish as his familiar, I come up with most of the write-up on my own, but the burial part is stolen from a folktale in my country where the protagonist buries the bone of her magical fishes in the earth and they get resurrected the next day (or turned into treasures depend on which version).
                What's the title/character of the legend? Agape is one of several words for Love in Ancient Greek, specifically selfless, non-possessive, compassionate love. The New Testament uses it as the term for god's love for his creation, so that made me think of the feeding of the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.

Anyway, I love it. I've long had the idea in my campaign of a people fleeing some great calamity in the distant east arriving at the western end of the Dreaming Sea, an entire nation of refugees afloat led by a Zenith who believes herself the one true Voice of the Most High. But what do they eat? Now I have an answer, and hopefully a fun NPC!

Also, the fish is a master of Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Are the suitors proposing to Agape's creator, or to Agape?
                  It mostly annoyed toward its suitors, since the creator made sure that his familiar won't try to murder his future husband.

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  I find its characteristics to be effectively reminiscent of folklore. I also like it having a straightforward inhuman Principle.
                  Ooh, his master is a sorcerer so I want something weird for a familiar, so a fish that screams "Eat me, master!" seems like a good idea.

Originally posted by Handigar View Post

What's the title/character of the legend? Agape is one of several words for Love in Ancient Greek, specifically selfless, non-possessive, compassionate love. The New Testament uses it as the term for god's love for his creation, so that made me think of the feeding of the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.
                  The story is named Tấm Cám and Tấm is the girl's name. And I go with Agape since the creator is from not-Greek so I want a Greek name, plus the fish make people love it in a kind of non-sexualized way, and Platonic doesn't sound really good as name so it has to be Agape instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                    Ooh, his master is a sorcerer so I want something weird for a familiar, so a fish that screams "Eat me, master!" seems like a good idea.
                    If this is referring to my Principle comment, I was actually thinking more about the sunbathing one.

Otherwise, for the folkloric elements, it's the whole package: the wanting to provide flesh, the rebirth from a buried bone, the way it talks to other people.

Comment

Working...
                    X