The Great Western Empire of the Peleps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Western Empire of the Peleps

So my favorite story Hook for the Houses is Peleps plans to start a great Western Empire. I think this a brilliant idea, and I love what 3rd ed did with the Peleps. It’s brilliant that the Empress was seeing Peleps as getting to big for their Britches with their Maritime mastery so they gave the Merchant Fleet to V’neef. I like the precedence of the Dragon Clans of Prasad and the idea that Peleps is planing to defect to the West, even if the Empress was around.

Anyone planning on Following through with this in their games, even as a background element?

Are we going to get a Civil War what if style book for the Gameline?

My personal favorite idea so far is the Peleps makes plans to take the Five Elemental Fleets to the West, scuttle V’neef, back Mnemon for the Throne while maybe making a pact with Lookshy during their exodus to retake the Inland Sea for the Scavenger Lands.

But it might be fun to also bring back the Scarlet Empress.

It is a time for great deeds!

Iirc, the DB companion book is going to have a section titled “The War in the West.”

Comment

Yeah, I think Heirs is planned to a have a chapter on how the Realm civil war could go down. Who could ally with who, what might happen then...

Comment

Others have mentioned War in the West. Hopefully we'll get support for the civil war potentially sparking elsewhere later on to avoid the sense that we're potentally getting locked into a particular version of events.

The Freedom Stone is back, help it to live again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
          Others have mentioned War in the West. Hopefully we'll get support for the civil war potentially sparking elsewhere later on to avoid the sense that we're potentally getting locked into a particular version of events.

Everything I've read so far gives me the impression that Heirs of the Shogunate covers no more than the lead-up to civil-war, both in the west and elsewhere.

I can't imagine the writers would be interested in laying out a description of how the war itself goes down. The moment that it goes from cold war to hot, and what happens after, is something that I would imagine is best left in the hands of ST's.

Comment

I think at most it would be rough advice.

"If X allies with Y then this is how Z would react..."

That sort of thing.

Comment

Yeah I think it’s advice and projections of how factions and individuals would react, I don’t think it would be railroady.

Comment

My understanding is that they will explain the current situation and then give a few ways things can go or a possible future timeline that your PCs can run through like the Bull in a Tepet Legion.

Comment

Wait was that proposed the Bull in a Tepet Legion?!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    Wait was that proposed the Bull in a Tepet Legion?!
                    They were proposing a twist on the old saying "like a bull in a china shop."
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-11-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      They were proposing a twist on the analogy "like a bull in a china shop."
                      It felt more appropriate for this discussion. It also wouldn’t surprise me to find the various Dynasts using similar metaphors.

Comment

Working...
                      X