Reproducing the Unreproducable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    I'l admit to not having watched much Kenshin, but Sledgehammer Fist Punch is pretty handy for casual destruction.
    I agree that is the intention, but I've always been confused about how it works, mechanically.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Sledgehammer Fist Punch does let you tear up the terrain really well, insofar as performing Feats of Destruction goes. But Anji in Kenshin is more of a 'precisely placed power penetrates pointless protection' element. Plus, he makes the ground explode by punching it. And then later, makes the ground explode at a distance by throwing a little knife.

A tinkering effort at bringing Raksha into Ex3: Fair Folk: The Beautiful Thieves

A tinkering effort at bringing fate ninjas into Ex3: Sidereals: Where Fate Has Led - Album of the Charm Trees thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
        But why would you?
        You were the one who specified being able to use a Heaven Thunder Hammer-type effect using an improvised weapon such as a watermelon on a stick. I was just the one who pointed out that you can already use Heaven Thunder Hammer using a watermelon on a stick.

And what if your character concept involves no unarmed attacking at all?

A hammer-centric, Brawl-forsaking character investing three dots into Brawl just to access a common hammer trick just doesn't make sense.
        And yet one of the best dips in the system is to invest three dots into Brawl just to access Thunderclap Rush Attack, even if you never plan to throw a punch with the character.

And yet, there are Martial Arts.
        Yes, which are both discrete and reproducible by entire other Exalt types.

(And just noting, even if you never intend on throwing a punch with the character, even weapon-centric Martial Arts require a small investment in Brawl.)

Solars absorbing Evocations from their artifacts is an idea that didn't make it into the final publication, and I'm glad for it.
        Check again. Per the Core, "Unless otherwise specified, characters can only use Evocations while wielding or wearing the associated weapon or suit of armor." The writers absolutely left a space in the system for Evocations that benefit the Exalt without the artifact at hand (even if none have been published yet).
        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-24-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

It doesn’t help that Solar Brawl is simply the most powerful default melee combat style, or that it is incompatable with the Martial Arts that require it.

Our game started with a MA tournament, so every character had MA as their primary combat ability. Our ST waived the Brawl requirements so we wouldn’t be so limited, but now I’m in a pickle with charm creation.

BTW, my group’s consensus was that Double-Layer limit is well-built, but a bit underpowered without its prerequisite Brawl charms as it extends the onslaught-Brawl tree. Shattering Land was deemed very good and very interesting, but it needs a cap on the amount of initiative that can be gained. Figured either a low maximum of initiative gained per target, or only gaining the highest single gain from one opponent. Really like the repurchase upgrades.
          Thanks again for putting those out. I feel like you really captured the spirit of what I was going for.

Comment

And what if your character concept involves no unarmed attacking at all? A hammer-centric, Brawl-forsaking character investing three dots into Brawl just to access a common hammer trick just doesn't make sense.
            here's my try on a melee charm that might help/ inspire you to achieve what your after. all this without breaking the " melee charms must apply to all types of weapons":

FIRST LIGHT OF THE DAY STRIKE
            cost: 4m, 1wp mins: Melee 4, Essence 2
            Type: supplemental
            Keyword: Perilous
            Duration: Instant
            Prerequisite charms: Fire and Stone Strike

The solar's weapon surges with burning essence, empowering its natural effectiveness to reach new heights.
            This charm supplements a non-gambit attack made using the TAG of a weapon. these effect are added to the normal Tag description
            ( example: smashing medium. -1 ef, -2 ini. knock opponents 2 range band)

Smashing: Light and medium weapons gain +1 range band or short fall damage if knocked prone; heavy weapon gain +2 range band or medium fall damage if knocked prone.

Piercing: Light and medium weapons gain +1 to soak value; heavy weapon gain +2 to soak value

Chopping: Light and medium weapons gain +1 withering dmg and to hardness value; heavy weapon gain +2 withering dmg and to hardness value

Essence 4+: you no longuer suffer a defence penalty or initiative cost to activate these Tag when using this charm.

Comment

Originally posted by devaking View Post

here's my try on a melee charm that might help/ inspire you to achieve what your after. all this without breaking the " melee charms must apply to all types of weapons":

FIRST LIGHT OF THE DAY STRIKE
              cost: 4m, 1wp mins: Melee 4, Essence 2
              Type: supplemental
              Keyword: Perilous
              Duration: Instant
              Prerequisite charms: Fire and Stone Strike

The solar's weapon surges with burning essence, empowering its natural effectiveness to reach new heights.
              This charm supplements a non-gambit attack made using the TAG of a weapon. these effect are added to the normal Tag description
              ( example: smashing medium. -1 ef, -2 ini. knock opponents 2 range band)

Smashing: Light and medium weapons gain +1 range band or short fall damage if knocked prone; heavy weapon gain +2 range band or medium fall damage if knocked prone.

Piercing: Light and medium weapons gain +1 to soak value; heavy weapon gain +2 to soak value

Chopping: Light and medium weapons gain +1 withering dmg and to hardness value; heavy weapon gain +2 withering dmg and to hardness value

Essence 4+: you no longuer suffer a defence penalty or initiative cost to activate these Tag when using this charm.
              Yeah, this or something like it seem acceptable.

Otherwise a Charm that allows knockdown with any Melee weapon, which is more effective if that weapon has the smashing tag and is used for a smashing attack.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
              X