Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLO Chronicle

Hi all,
    I have this idea for a solo game. A lone Abyssal with no memories is found on Opal shores by a fisherman (a Sidereal?) and slowly he recovers memory (he is from Skullstone, initially a Loyalist, but as memory has been lost how it will go on will have to be seen) and maybe decides for Redemption and fights the Silver Prince ... or maybe he decides to conquer Wavecrest for his lord.

Which edition would be better? Which kind of adventures and sites would you suggest?

Thank you !

Personally I'm 100% on the "3rd edition best edition" bandwagon, though an absence of actual mechanics for Abyssals yet would prove difficult.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Yeah. 3E is the best edition, but with little on the Abyssals and nothing on the new Underworld that could be a problem

Comment

Third Edition; a particularly impressive Abyssal homebrew has been written for it by Lanaya (Google "Abyssals: A Shadow Falls) and I can 100% recommend it.

Comment

My personal experience with 3E has been almost entirely negative, and if you're looking for published material Abyssals is likely still 5-7 years away. That said, 2.5 is particularly rough for Abyssals - having to check the Abyssals book, the Core, the Solars errata, and the Abyssals errata on every Charm is a big hassle.

I've had more luck over the last few years playing the Exalted setting with non-Exalted game systems. Godbound in particular has worked out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
            Yeah. 3E is the best edition, but with little on the Abyssals and nothing on the new Underworld that could be a problem
            The latter's more of an issue. A Solar with a minor reskin is pretty functional and essentially what you'd end up playing in 2nd edition even with the Abyssals book.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

I thought the Abyssals his edition weren't going to be reskinned solars

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                I thought the Abyssals his edition weren't going to be reskinned solars
                They're not, but if you use the Solar charmset in the corebook as a 'get you by' you're not missing much compared to the authentic Abyssal experience of last edition.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

I'd use 3ed for rules (re-skinning solar charms to represent abyssal powers), and use 1ed Abyssals for setting-inspiration* (maybe tweaking it a little to get it in line with the more open/open-ended mentality of third edition), since I consider 1ed Abyssals to be far superior to 2ed MoEP: Abyssals, when it comes to writing, themes, mood and artwork.

But that's just my recommendation your tastes may vary
                  Last edited by Kim; 01-15-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X