Lunars Kickstarter - February 12th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now, Lunar Dominions.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Apparently, Raksi executes the people whose punishments are beyond what even she does.

Given how what would make Raksi a little queasy would cause most of Creation to seriously consider carving out their own eyes, that seems fair.

Comment

• So not only does he no longer treat the descendants of the dragon blooded like shit, Leviathan actively protects dragon blooded in his service from people that do want to be shit heads like that. They have really made him a way cooler dude this edition.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post
          So not only does he no longer treat the descendants of the dragon blooded like shit, Leviathan actively protects dragon blooded in his service from people that do want to be shit heads like that. They have really made him a way cooler dude this edition.
          I get the sense he doesn't like them, but knows that's his grief and self-loathing talking, and he tries to overcome it. Which yeah, makes him Coolest Orca.

Comment

• Just a little under a thousand dollars more to go until we get another Caul expansion and write up for Sha’a Oka

Comment

• The Lunar Dominions are all so good! I think my favorite is still the Mountain of the Spider King, but the Nameless Lair, Mahalanka and Luthe are all so different now, and all such interesting and developed locations, it's really worthwhile. There's a great slice of examples running everything from Lunars as reigning livings gods, ancient divine founders, equal partners and allies to their patronized cultures, and fearsome trickster figures.

Comment

• Dominions definitely feel weaker than the previous parts of the manuscript but not bad by any means just kind of bland.

I am still of two minds when it comes to the Caul. From the dragonblooded POV we have a great adventure path shaping up. Travel to each city and fight their themed boss in a interesting locale and then continue.

From a Lunar POV though it feels much more lacklustre. You can't really interact with any of the lions generals because they are basically just card board cut outs waiting to be beheaded by a sworn kinship. You can't even really interact with the black lion since from the writing so far he seems to be half crazy and nobody no where he is most of the time.

I am still baffled by why someone would want to play a lunar game on the caul since it feels like your only options are being ignored by a bunch of second rate dark souls bosses or help lion man skeletor fail to take castle Greyskull once a week.

To be really clear I am looking forward to the dragon blooded caul Adventure path I am just a little sad it is eating up lunar word count, I would of preferred if the kickstarter had a stronger focus on giving lunars interesting options as players not just as props for other exalt games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calboon View Post
                  Dominions definitely feel weaker than the previous parts of the manuscript but not bad by any means just kind of bland.

I am still of two minds when it comes to the Caul. From the dragonblooded POV we have a great adventure path shaping up. Travel to each city and fight their themed boss in a interesting locale and then continue.

From a Lunar POV though it feels much more lacklustre. You can't really interact with any of the lions generals because they are basically just card board cut outs waiting to be beheaded by a sworn kinship. You can't even really interact with the black lion since from the writing so far he seems to be half crazy and nobody no where he is most of the time.

I am still baffled by why someone would want to play a lunar game on the caul since it feels like your only options are being ignored by a bunch of second rate dark souls bosses or help lion man skeletor fail to take castle Greyskull once a week.

To be really clear I am looking forward to the dragon blooded caul Adventure path I am just a little sad it is eating up lunar word count, I would of preferred if the kickstarter had a stronger focus on giving lunars interesting options as players not just as props for other exalt games.
                  So it’s not a good setting for Lunars because they’re winning? Your assumption of “failing to take Castle Greyskull”, precludes the most obvious Lunar Adventure path: push out the colonists once and for all and take Faxai as your own seat!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Dominions definitely feel weaker than the previous parts of the manuscript but not bad by any means just kind of bland.
                    I have to disagree. For the the Dominions chapter is really great. They are full of fantastic locations and also showcase varying ways that a Lunar might interact with their dominion from god king/queen to mystic founder to haunting devil. I will however agree that the Caul was the weakest example.
                    Last edited by Snakesandsuns; 03-05-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• 235K hit so stretch goal reached.

Comment

• I have reached the words "tame great flying eels" and now my life is complete.

And Aum-Ashatra is a surprisingly cool dude, I guess. He's no great flying eel though.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

• Now we need to make flying eels face flying sharks in a death match.

Comment

• Am I the only person who saw italicized descriptors of Territories and thought "Ooo, that suggests new mechanics to come."?
                            Maybe lunar specific, or maybe not generalized mechanics for ruling a place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hark View Post
                              Am I the only person who saw italicized descriptors of Territories and thought "Ooo, that suggests new mechanics to come."?
                              Maybe lunar specific, or maybe not generalized mechanics for ruling a place.

I don't know about mechanics to come, but they do refer to mechanics in the Lunars book - the territory-claiming charm Boundary-Marking Meditation lets a Lunar declare up to three traits their territory has, which acts as a bonus to actions that fit with them, or a penalty when acting against them, to anyone in the territory.

Comment

I think it's the best chapter (fluff-wise; you can't really compare it to charms).
                                The history and Silver Pact chapters were decent, nothing to complain about, but didn't grab me. While I liked some of the artefacts, I didn't find their stories riveting.
                                But about two-thirds of the Dominions made me want to run a game involving them. I really like most of them, and the ones I don't love are still good.

I also like how a)being so far into the threshold, they flesh out more areas of the setting, like the North-East and the Cinder Coast, b)they show a variety of examples of how Lunars can interact with a Dominion, and c)they show a variety of real-world models of "barbarian", including common ones the setting has lacked, such as invading refugees (ala the Goths).

I'm now planning a Lunar game set in the North-East, which will briefly feature all the Northern Lunars mentioned (except maybe Smiling Rat, because he never gets invited to parties), and in which the PCs will have to grapple with the Empire of the Bear.

But I guess fluff is, primarily, subjective.
                                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 03-06-2019, 02:31 AM.

My characters:
                                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Working...
                                X