Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Bears, Riding Bugs, and Forge Goddesses: New Hundred Devils!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Bears, Riding Bugs, and Forge Goddesses: New Hundred Devils!

So we have the Forge Goddess of Makelo: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...c=OnyxPathWeds

And amphibious polars bears and giant riding stick bugs: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...c=OnyxPathWeds

Some interesting stuff this week.

Aww man, when I seen water bears I thought it was going to be giant Tardigrades.

Comment

You beat me to it, Snakesandsuns!

Comment

That is disappointing.

But, okay the Northern Ursidae is a nice trainable mount with some nice latent abilities and sweet bonusses for being in the water and yet ...somehow... no gills merit. A slight oversight in an otherwise strong writeup.

Meanwhile, what is up with the Forest Strider's page order? Anyway, if you want a poisonous insect mount, this is the bug for you.

Swinging out West, the Forge Goddess makes for an excellent plot hook.

Comment

My only complaint--except for yeah, Forest Strider's page order--is no notes on familiar dots. I'm guessing 2 dots each? Neither appear godblooded or legendary size or the like.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
          Many Limbed Manual
          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            My only complaint--except for yeah, Forest Strider's page order--is no notes on familiar dots. I'm guessing 2 dots each? Neither appear godblooded or legendary size or the like.
            Yes, 2 dots seems right. They are formidable and useful beasts — riding animals and vicious predators — but not overly exceptional and not magical.

Comment

The notion of Icewalkers with armoured bears pleases me.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
              Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Makelo's dice adder would also be interesting for a Crafting-based Exigent.

I think the two animals are quite evocative for certain regions; if you are doing a game in the Far East, they'll make the area seem much more interesting and exotic than having PCs travel along the forest floor on horses.

My characters:
                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                  Gonna borrow that, if you don't mind. I've now got a rival tribe for one of my PCs

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    If mortals can dress them in armor and field them in battle, are they really bears?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

They have the right to arm bears.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                        If mortals can dress them in armor and field them in battle, are they really bears?
                        His Dark Materials says yes

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

His Dark Materials says yes
                          Weren’t those Narnian Talking Bears, though?

As these creatures Talking Bears?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Water bear? More like what-a-bear! Am I right folks?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                              Water bear? More like what-a-bear! Am I right folks?
                              Curses, I can't get this GIF of Fozzie Bear to work. >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X