Exalted 3e Wiki?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted 3e Wiki?

Do we have a wiki around where we can store links to, if not the full versions of, quality homebrew material? I'm thinking about trying to create a repository for additional antagonists and monsters, like the one with the powerful Dire Goose. Especially given how few solar-viable foes there are in core, and how much work it would be to use DB:WFHW to create full Hearths of DBs to hunt the solars, I think it could be useful to have an organized place for us to draw from when reskinning antagonists.

The other main source of Homebrew are the placeholders for other exalted types and martial arts, though these would be harder to organize.

Does this work for you?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
      Does this work for you?

I saw that, but it seems like its not being updated anymore. Also its less useful for ST's than I would like. I'm considering making a new one, but I don't really know how.

Comment

Wow, yeah, that needs work.

Charms (28 entries)

Comment

A problem I've observed with the idea of trying to create another wiki, is that a growing number of people have opted for Google Docs as the way they prefer to share their game material because it offers them greater content control and there hasn't been an upheaval with the service that's lead to a lot of content being lost... yet.

Comment

Is there an archive of the old Exalted wiki? I had a fair amount of material in there, back in the day.

Comment

This is ... relevant to my interests. I was a contributor on the old wiki, though the content I put up there was probably 99% official/canon stuff for ease of reference. I've wondered if a place existed or would exist to house similar content for 3e. IIRC the main problem with what I did was the company not wanting people to not have to buy the books, so I had to keep things as vague as possible while still being useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Paper Moon View Post
                Is there an archive of the old Exalted wiki? I had a fair amount of material in there, back in the day.
                Xyphoid, the admin of the original unofficial fan wiki hosted archive of the White Wolf wiki for a while. That's gone now but files of it were still around in google docs.

Comment

IMO, the issue with the current 3e Wiki is that, the majority of the Exalted community, does not want to commit the time and energy to add a few entries to get it to a better working level. I'd have to go look for the thread where the creator of the 3e Wiki, a few others, and I discussed options for getting the 3e wiki into shape. The idea that I would get behind is that everyone go in and add one or two entries to the 3e wiki, even if they are official/canon pieces from the old wiki ( http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/WelcomeToExaltedWiki ) or official/canon pieces from 3e. I think it would be better to get people's homebrew stuff added/posted as many people are able to use e-versions of the canon books when gaming or needing to quickly access an a reference via electronic means. However, most will not commit to this type of plan, even if it would only take fifteen minutes to complete. As Lioness has also pointed out, many others just have their own page and link to gdocs. I think that if content creators and homebrewers just setup a profile on the 3e wiki, and linked their stuff there (in addition to any other locations they want to link their material to) it would be a small boon. Ultimately, if everyone just keeps making new wikis and repositories separate from the others out there, it just makes the situation that much more diluted. Instead of creating your own wiki, I'd suggest just sticking with what is already created. The 3e wiki will not improve by neglecting it. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Nabirius View Post

I saw that, but it seems like its not being updated anymore. Also its less useful for ST's than I would like. I'm considering making a new one, but I don't really know how.

Most recent update was in July of 2018. I'm not sure what your threshold is for updates, but to me it is still there. I grew tired of working on it and transferring stuff from my personal wiki (setup long ago when the 2e wiki was still around) as hundreds of people had read the original 3e wiki thread, but very few helped.

Comment

Posted for easy reference:

Originally posted by TheSly9 View Post

I'm not seeing where it says not to bring over 1E/2E stuff. This is a direct quote from his page about the restoration:
                      1. Port as much of the old Wiki material over to this wiki.
                      2. Make a clearer distinction between "canon" and "homebrew" material.
                      3. Convert as much of the old rules material to 3E rules as possible.
                      I read this as, not only do we want to save all the old stuff, it is also a goal of his to convert as much of the old stuff for the majority of players who play 3E to use. No where in there does it say, "Don't port over any 1E/2E".

On top of those instructions is the fact that he made a google sheet which has a TON of 1E/2E stuff that is included in the port over. ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6H8/edit#gid=0 )Why would you port all this stuff over if you weren't planning on using it or saving it for reference? So, while it seems his main goal is for the porting and conversion of stuff for 3E, it doesn't seem like he's made any declarations on the wiki page about users adding 2E/1E stuff. I spent a good portion of last Saturday strictly porting over 2E canon and homebrew Abyssal stuff.

I suggest that you actively help add and port things to the new wiki. Or, alternatively, you could start a dialogue with some other people, and get a crowd source funding campaign going to get some wiki experts to build us a new wiki. There's nothing saying the only way you can make a difference is by building everything from scratch, by yourself. No need to reinvent the wheel.

And...............

Originally posted by TheSly9 View Post

Not sure about all the Infernal stuff, but there are currently a lot of missing links (read: work to be done) in the Infernals section: http://exalted3e.wikidot.com/lex:infernal-exalted

Wikidot's home page actually has a good bit of info. From the 3E wiki, heres a basic primer: http://exalted3e.wikidot.com/editing-tips

Then some stuff from wiki dot reference:

http://www.wikidot.com/doc:quick-reference
                      http://www.wikidot.com/doc-wiki-syntax:images

I'm still learning it as I'm used to wikimedia (like the Myth Weavers wiki), but its fairly straight forward for the basic page editing.

Ball is in your court now!

Comment

Seems like there's an opertunity to create entries for 3e Lunar material as we become aware of it.

Comment

I've also messaged Xyphoid to see if he can rehost the mirror of the old wiki.

Comment

Working...
                          X