Converting Nanomachine swarms to sorcery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Nanomachine swarms to sorcery

I was watching the premier episodes of a new webseries Gen:LOCK, and seeing the villains use weaponized nanomachines, that come as a smokelike cloud and eat up all living material as they pass over it, got me thinking. If we take out the technological aspect* that would be a pretty good inspiration as a sorcerous spell for Exalted.

I however really suck when it comes to the crunch of this game. Anyone here have thought on how to do that? I'm thinking Celestial Circle, given the citywide effect in the first episode, but that's all I got.

*or we could leave that in and make it an Alchemical Protocol.

There was already an Infernal Charm in 2e in which a swarm of conjured demon locusts would eat all the food in an area. Adapting an effect like that into a proper spell seems reasonable, albeit high-end.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
      I was watching the premier episodes of a new webseries Gen:LOCK, and seeing the villains use weaponized nanomachines, that come as a smokelike cloud and eat up all living material as they pass over it, got me thinking. If we take out the technological aspect* that would be a pretty good inspiration as a sorcerous spell for Exalted.

I however really suck when it comes to the crunch of this game. Anyone here have thought on how to do that? I'm thinking Celestial Circle, given the citywide effect in the first episode, but that's all I got.

*or we could leave that in and make it an Alchemical Protocol.

City scale is normally Solar isn't it? Benediction of the Archgenesis done backwards?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
      Many Limbed Manual
      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Given that the nanomachines can hack electronics, it’s more like Mind-Hand Meditation, right? The do-anything telekinesis Charm.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Are we talking mostly about what happened in episode 1 or episode 2? because those are very different uses of the technology and would be practical to treat them as different mechanical effects.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

City scale is normally Solar isn't it? Benediction of the Archgenesis done backwards?
            Cantata of empty voices?

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Cantata of empty voices?
              Rules wise it hasn't been able to do that since 1e and "two Sidereals murdered everyone in Fallen Lapis" got retconned into House Tepet razing the city.

Edit: Summoning the Heart of Darkness was actually the Celestial Circle 'city killer' in 2e because it plunged a mile into a zone of darkness where people not only couldn't see but also couldn't hear anything besides screams. In 3e it's been replaced with Impenetrable Veil of Night which is still terrifying but less likely to make people respond to this terror by attacking their own loved ones reaching for them in the darkness.
              Last edited by Lioness; 02-02-2019, 12:42 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
              Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

I guess it would be similar to Virtuous Guardian of Flame, except you get a cloud of smoke that can eat people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  I guess it would be similar to Virtuous Guardian of Flame, except you get a cloud of smoke that can eat people.
                  I would put it down as a plume of smoke that you can surround yourself, killing anyone who gets into melee... or that you can send around, with orders like. "Eat anyone in a green uniform."

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    Are we talking mostly about what happened in episode 1 or episode 2? because those are very different uses of the technology and would be practical to treat them as different mechanical effects.

Both, although, they probably wouldn't be the same spell. Actually, the ep2 use seems more like an artifact weapon, so maybe a spell that creates a small cloud you weild as such.

Accelerator'sidea sounds like a good start to how that would ork.

Comment

I would use Rain of Doom as reference for a citywide version. One that can target a single creature at a time I could see as either terrestrial or celestial, depending on how dangerous it was.

I could also imagine a type of demon or elemental that looked like a cloud of smoke and ate all organic material, so that could be something you could just summon.

Something that created a serious environmental hazard around yourself, the sort of thing that could kill a person in a couple of turns, I'd probably classify as Celestial.

(Also, looks like ep three is up now. Anyone here know how much their streaming service costs?)

Comment

Streaming is like less than 4 a month if you get rhe full year package i think. I did that so I could watch RWBY and find out immediatly when Bumbleby became canon

And now I'm indecisi e because all these ideas work.

Comment

It's five dollars a month.

Comment

I know I didn't pat $60. But it does go down depending on renewal period

Comment

What I want to know is how the warstriders should be handled.

Are the common machines Noble Warstriders, with the Holons being Royal Warstriders?

Or should the common walkers be represented as something less impressive than a warstrider while still being robotic suits of legendary size?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X