"Into the Spiderverse" Forum Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Into the Spiderverse" Forum Challenge

Make your own Spider-Man (Woman, Pig, Thing). Any splat, with any sorcerous working or artifact.

Venoms welcome.

The Emerald Spider

An Air Aspect secondary schooler uncovered a forgotten body-suit of green jade (light armor; 4 or 5 dots), complete with a concealing cowl. Its attunement allowed her to cling to any surface like a spider, and she eventually learned how to tap into its potential for producing ropes made of silk. For a brief time, she reveled in the chance to run wild through the city and across the forested lands of richer Dynasts without anyone knowing her identity, until she stumbled into a deadly plot that ended up claiming the life of her house matriarch. Faced with the deadly consequences of greed and irresponsibility, she now seeks to employ her skills to expose the murderers for their crimes and has discovered how to sacrifice her very life-force to her jade suit to fuel acts of stupendous strength.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Tower Stalker, the Metal Spider

A noble moonsilver warstrider designed to defend and police one particular First Age city (Chiaroscuro?), using its many limbs and shifting body to race through its crowded streets and across its glass-faced towers without causing any harm to its home, moving with a soundless weightlessness that should be impossible for such a giant.

A young Twilight Caste Solar is the pilot, having found and repaired the hidden manse which serves as the warstrider's dedicated resting place and automated maintenance facility.

Five years ago, this story would have ended quickly, but now only local Dragon-Blooded attempt Wyld Hunts against this Anathema and his unholy machine, but as yet no one has proven a better aggressor than the Spider has proven itself a defender.
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 02-03-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

​Loved Into the Spider-Verse. I don't know if my Spider qualifies, but I'll share him nonetheless.

The Weaver in Great Forks

​Once, a boy stole the tome of sorcerous lore from a god's library. The god saw fit to punish him by turning him into his namesake for a year and a day. Tragically, the boy was named Spider. He found, however, that there was much to learn from spinning webs, and when he was finally returned to human form, he continued to work silk in his spare time.

​Years later, the Unconquered Sun saw fit to mark his brow with a touch from his finger; now bullies who stand in the way of the knowledge he seeks find themselves wrapped in the varicolored silks that emerge from his magical distaff.
      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-03-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Amiable Community Custodian

A young Alchemical Champion who reveled in his freedom as an Exalt too irresponsibly, until he saw how his carelessness allowed the populat of his city to come to harm. He has no need for artifacts, using his own Charms to magnetically cling to walls and either extend his hands on telescoping arms or shoot sticky chemical ropes from his wrists.

Comment

Many-Eyed Predator-Pest

A Chosen of Secrets who uses a bodysuit woven with starmetal threads and made from the remains of Pattern Spiders slain by an ancient assault on the Loom of Fate.

An infiltrator, thief, and saboteur for the Bureau of Destiny, she uses the suit's Evocations of climbing and web-swinging to supplement her Stealth and Larceny Charms as she Investigates matters of interest to her superiors, and she can recall the Pattern Spiders' horrifying venom when she needs to violently extricate herself.

Obviously a student of Charcoal March of Spiders Style, as well as Ebon Shadow Style and Crystal Chameleon Style.
          Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Widowmaker

Abyssal Day Caste who uses her feminine charm to trick her victims and their bodyguards. Though her compassion and attraction may seem genuine, the only time she feels emotion is when she kills her targets. Her tools of the trade focus on ranged weapons and poison.

Okay, slightly cheating because it's not from Spiderman, it's from Overwatch. Still spider-inspired, so I feel it works?

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
              Okay, slightly cheating because it's not from Spiderman, it's from Overwatch. Still spider-inspired, so I feel it works?

My Storyteller Vault releases!
              Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
              These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

I am greatly pleased by all contributions thus far.

I would encourage people to not be content with the ideas posted here. Do not feel that someone has "already filled" the Dragon-Blooded or Sidereal spot. No answer is the correct answer.

Post your own idea. Give it your own twist. Or take someone else's idea and embellish it.

I very specifically didn't post every idea I could possibly have in the first post because I didn't want to restrict anyone. There's more than one possible riff on the idea of "Peni Parker", just as there are multiple ways to interpret Venom, or multiple ways a Lunar Exalt could express "Spider-Man".

Comment

Pelan Parnen, AKA Your Friendly District Forsaken Spider

Pelen Parnen was just another of Chirascuro's orphans; raised by an elderly couple, poor in money but rich in spirit. A shy, akward boy, Pelan was often bullied by larger children growing up; one in particular, Lightning Flash, has a constant animosity.

This rose to a fever pitch one night, as Flash and a group of cronies chased Pelan past the salt lines and near the shadowlands they contained. A spider, infused with death-essence, bit Pelen - injecting him with it's deadly venom. Staggering and dizzy, Pelan barely made it back home, already racked by fevers and convulsions.

That night, drifting between life and death, he had a vision of a monsterously obesse man lurking in shadows, giving him a choice- to live, at the cost of everyone, or to perish. Pelen accepted, and fell into a deep slumber.

Infused with the powers of death, Pelan at first was consumed by petty vengence; laying a terrible beating upon Lightning, and competing in underground fighting circuits- while wearing a red mask to conceal his identity and nature. It wasn't until he callously let an escaping thief dash past, who subsequently mugged and killed his uncle, that Pelen came to understand that with great power comes great responsibility.

Pelan does what he can to help his now widowed aunt, and all the people of Chirascuro. Of course, both agents of the Tri-Khan and the of the King Pinned With Silk and Jade, would see him captured, not to mention an obsessive dynastic investigator Sesus S. Sesis. Compounding maters, his Abyssal nature prevents him from growing to close to the very people he tries to save, lest his own actions bring them to injury or death, as well as alienating him from potential allies. Those who get to know Pelan- or, The Spider Garbed in Black and Crimson -often sympathize with his plight, and most residents of Chirascuro secretly cheer him on.

My Storyteller Vault releases!
                  Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
                  These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

I feel like a decent nod to Spider-Gwen (within the Comics Are Weird story of Marvel Comics itself) is a Getimian Exalt where the world believes Gwen Stacy died but she actually becomes an Exalt with Pattern Spiders in her spine, who calls herself Thread Dancer for her ability to weave around the puppet-strings of Fate and slip through the warp and weft of reality's tapestry.

It's hard to say more without knowing what the deal with Getminians really is. Did she lose her Destiny, or did Gwen Stacy never really exist?

Comment

One way to get a little bit of the clone saga going? Especially one of those clones (Khaine, I think?) that suffered severe degeneration? A Liminal Exalt.

Someone who has learned a Spider-Man's secret identity cobbles together a near-exact duplicate through frankensteining corpses or sorcerously duplicating his or her body through blood or a severed body part. In attempting to bring this corpse to life, they attract the attention of the Dark Mother.

The Liminal Exalt, being specifically design to copy the Spider-Man's identity, has only that other Exalt's memories rather than those of any other person whose parts might constitute them, to the point that the "clone" can be tricked into thinking they ARE that Spider-Man.

Comment

Let's not forget the option of Fair Folk, voiced by Nicolas Cage!

Webs in Sable

One of the strangest and most enduring features of the Southern Bordermarches is Black Chiaroscuro. The lava plain bears a life-sized, preternaturally-accurate copy of the First Age city of Chiaroscuro, its towers made of black lava rock and jet-black obsidian. A raksha who calls himself Webs in Sable has appointed himself the protector of the Wyld barbarians who make the city their home; he defends them from predation by the lion-folk and other raksha.

Comment

The Sunset Spider

This Spider-Man has an orichalcum-and-red-jade suit with four mechanical spider legs emerging from the back. Basically the Iron Spider costume from the Civil War comics. One can take advantage of these arms to do with a mechanically different form of wall-crawling than the attunement bonus of the Emerald Spider suit, and rather than counting as Silken Armor, it might count as Medium Armor.

Comment

...I will return later with a Lunar write up, because WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ONE ALREADY?!?

Ahem, sorry about the outburst

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                              ...I will return later with a Lunar write up, because WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ONE ALREADY?!?

Ahem, sorry about the outburst
                              Because it was too easy to come up with multiple ideas. Couldn't choose just one.

Also, because we're getting so close to a kickstarter for Fangs At The Gate that would give us a backer copy with Charms.

Comment

Working...
                              X