"Into the Spiderverse" Forum Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Lunars...

Hybrid Body Transformation allows you to have multiple arms, like that one transitional period where Spider-Man was becoming the Man-Spider. Probably not enough mutation points left over for wall-crawling and web-shooting, but Lunars might have Charms for that if you don't want to use an artifact spandex suit.

Deadly Beastman Transformation, together with whatever theoretical Charm might let you take on more mutations in DBT, would allow you to be the Man-Spider. Much less need for artifacts at this point.

The self-duplication Charms might let you riff off the Clone Saga and Spidergeddon all by yourself.

Applying self-duplication to Emerald Grasshopper Form allows you to become Spiders-Man. No, that's not a typo.

I haven't seen a Spider-Man who is actually a Spider Daikaiju, but by golly, a Lunar can pull that off.

Or maybe you want to eschew shapeshifting entirely and focus on combining a theoretical Spider Style and various other Martial Arts with lots of Attribute Charms.

A moonsilver body-suit might even its own take on the Venom Symbiote. Perhaps even the original, non-hostile, non-addictive one.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
      Widowmaker

Abyssal Day Caste who uses her feminine charm to trick her victims and their bodyguards. Though her compassion and attraction may seem genuine, the only time she feels emotion is when she kills her targets. Her tools of the trade focus on ranged weapons and poison.

Okay, slightly cheating because it's not from Spiderman, it's from Overwatch. Still spider-inspired, so I feel it works?
      She's a spider-themed character and pulp-science super-villain. She counts.

Though your description just once again reminds me of T B Skyen's criticism of her concept (he's got so many YouTube videos worth watching). The seductive spider is supposed to lure her prey into her parlor from which they cannot escape. This is the exact opposite of a sniper who lives and dies based on whether she can maintain her physical distance from the target, and Widowmaker also maintains an emotional distance where she feels nothing for the target as a person, feeling pleasure only for killing "a target". She tries to remain completely unseen by her target until they die, rather than attempt any form of seduction.

Her only murder that breaks this pattern is when she presumably murdered her husband in his sleep, or otherwise in close quarters within their home. I believe it was only after that murder that Talon kidnapped her again and continued to brainwash her into a weapon, this time by teaching her how to use a sniper rifle. Which they probably got her to do specifically by offering it as a way to physically and emotionally distance herself from the act of murdering her husband because of their previous brainwashing.

Again, I don't mean to say anything about your idea of Widowmaker as a Spider-Woman is wrong, merely that there's a contradiction here that you can embrace and explore if you wanted to play this character. But if you don't want to do that, you might want to abandon one half of the concept's killing method and focus on the other method.

Comment

No problem. I don't actually play a lot of Overwatch, but I quite enjoyed the animated trailers they did for the characters.
        And I agree Widowmaker being a sniper is a bit odd when you think about it.

Now, since I just got off work and feel like writing...

Shattered Grass was born in the Grass Spiders clan (WFHW p.126). Her mother was an outcaste Wood Aspect, her father a mortal. While she was trained for the possibility of Exaltation, she received no blessing from the Dragons. However, after refusing to go through with the assassination of an innocent politician, her brow erupted in a disk of gold. Now an Iron Wolf, she seeks to use her knowledge of poison and death for good... she's just not quite sure what that is yet. For now, she's content to protect Fallen Leaf, the politician she refused to kill, while she spends her spare hours observing people from the shadows... looking for what it means to be righteous.
        Last edited by wern212; 02-06-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

How about a really large (supernal sta?) DB, underworld gangster boss and big-wig guild merchant in Nexus?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Originally posted by webkilla View Post
            How about a really large (supernal sta?) DB, underworld gangster boss and big-wig guild merchant in Nexus?
            Terrestrials don't have Supernals? And certainly not for Attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Terrestrials don't have Supernals? And certainly not for Attributes.

for a big bad I'm sure the rules can be stretched a little - especially for a bad as big as the king pin

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

for a big bad I'm sure the rules can be stretched a little - especially for a bad as big as the king pin

I mean... what would supernal Stamina even mean for an Ability based character, big bad or otherwise?

My Storyteller Vault releases!
                Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
                These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

Originally posted by wastevens View Post

I mean... what would supernal Stamina even mean for an Ability based character, big bad or otherwise?

no clue - but I can't imagine the Kingpin's bulk being anything other than an expression of Sta 6

Comment

no clue - but I can't imagine the Kingpin's bulk being anything other than an expression of Sta 6

Really? I'd just make him Giant, and give him some Resistance charms and Ox-Body.
                    Besides of which, his size and strength aren't really the *defining* elements of the Kingpin; he's a great Zenith or Midnight inspiration. (Or as a Deathlord, as I implicated above)

My Storyteller Vault releases!
                    Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
                    These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

During one adventure out in the Far Reaches, Amiable Community Custodian came across a most astonishing find: a sleeping Colossus Exalt! Apparently once badly damaged in battle, but since self-restored in its slumber.

The venerable hero appreciated the wake up, and in gratitude swore to aid the young Champion. It revealed that it had the Champion Interface Cockpit Charm installed, so that Custodian could climb instead and combine his powers with those of his new ally. With their strengths combined, they made quick work of Custodian's enemies.

But the Colossus displayed a dismaying thirst for violence and destruction, and afterwards attempted all manners of argument to persuade Custodian from severing their bond. For a time, Custodian accepted these compromises, not realizing that his growing detachment from humanity was not Clarity, but the Colossus' own Gremlin Syndrome.

When Custodian finally realized the danger he was in, the Colossus revealed the true extent of its Voidtech, holding him prisoner within its cockpit, violently ransacking his mind to learn his every secret, greedily forcing every sort of physical and emotional intimacy in its insane jealousy.

Their struggle led them to crash into a part of the Great Maker's anatomy where great sonic smashers used destructive frequencies to separate different material elements from molten slag. Using the burning metal hazards and the great sonic hammers against the Colossus, the Champion finally inflicted enough damage to force his captor to release him.

Still, the Apostate Colossus managed to escape, vowing revenge. It would later form a new union with an Apostate Champion who also greatly hated Amiable Community Custodian, forming a new, nightmarish enemy for the hero.

Comment

Did anyone else have a take on Venom that they wanted to share?

Comment

Who Sits on the Webbed Throne

This Yozi is the patron of all those who exert power through domination of the context of situations. Like the general Belisarius, it calculates angles, not figures. Unlike many Yozi, however, it embraces its ability to change its nature through changing its Fetich soul (if that is indeed still a thing in 3E). Because of its portfolio, changing the Fetich soul cannot change its intrinsic nature to a contradiction of its name.

As such, it can appear as a webslinging friendly neighborhood hero, an enigmatic masked private detective, a kid who can turn invisible, or even a Warstrider to be piloted by a trusted boon companion, if any could so exist.

The danger WSotWT presents is that if it changes soul too well, Creation can fracture or even bifurcate so that both souls and therefore Creations are true, creating existential issues for the Pattern Spiders, who were WSotWT's original servants who rebelled after WSotWT's machinations caused them to be irradiated.

Comment

Working...
                          X