No announcement yet.

Paranoia, Lethality and the Wyld Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also thinking about the fact that Wyld Hunts have actually developed over 1500 years to hunt and kill Lunars, not Solars (since until 5 years ago, there were basically no Solars around except the Bull of the North and Samea).

What weaknesses would that give them against Solars? I'm not really sure, any ideas?

(If it was the other way round, I'd guess they'd be poor at dealing with unconventional warfare, but Solars are generally more straightforward than Lunars, if also more powerful.)

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      I was also thinking about the fact that Wyld Hunts have actually developed over 1500 years to hunt and kill Lunars, not Solars (since until 5 years ago, there were basically no Solars around except the Bull of the North and Samea).

What weaknesses would that give them against Solars? I'm not really sure, any ideas?

(If it was the other way round, I'd guess they'd be poor at dealing with unconventional warfare, but Solars are generally more straightforward than Lunars, if also more powerful.)
      Probably the easiest way to approach taht question is actually take a look at how they attempted to deal with the Bull of the North. They wyld hunt alone is simply not able to tackle an army, and solars are possibly the best splat at rapidly building up a ton of followers and training them into a brutal powerhouse.

If you ignored PCs and major big bads and jumped forward in time another 10 years or so, I'd guess that there would be dozens of Solar city-states and kingdoms springing up where there was nothing but a handful of farmers or bandits previously. Hell, once they get rolling, Solars can literally spin a kingdom out of the wyld (though I doubt the realm would care too much about such a place even if they found out about it. It would take a massive amount of time and resources to make such a thing a threat to the realm). I'd actually expect quite a lot of friction between the established lunar territories and the new solar powers springing up. The Realm might catch a break while they sort things out, though if they keep going the way things are, the Realm would be the logical expansion point for most of everyone.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Rune of Singular Hate is a Solar Circle spell. Plus you can only cast it once in your lifetime. Plus it costs the caster a dot of Essence. Plus you've gotta learn the spell somewhere. So, ah, pardon me if I find that scenario improbable.
        I think his point is that killing them achieves about as much as hitting them with Rune of Singular Hate.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
        Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Working...
        X