Roles and casts in Lunar/Solar couples.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Don't forget about Batman himself. After the death of his parents but before he took up bat-imagery, he made the Robin costume for himself, so he could learn the ropes of detective work from Harvey Harris, helping him with a case without being recognized as Bruce Wayne.
    Byaahh, that backstory was erased from existence by the Anti-Monitor.

Jesus, comics with their erasing whole universes and timelines from existence.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
      Byaahh, that backstory was erased from existence by the Anti-Monitor.
      I mean, sure, DC can say that, but last I checked, the relevant comics are still in my dad's attic.

Jesus, comics with their erasing whole universes and timelines from existence.
      No kidding. Every attempt at tidying up only results in things getting more tangled and confused.

Comment

I'll be honest, I prefer Marvel comics to DC mostly entirely because they've reset things less in the last 10 years, so it's less confusing.
        Though I stopped reading X-Men partly because of all the resets and time-shenanigans.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

My most recent acquaintance with casual erasure of universes was what they did to poor Miles Morales!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            I'll be honest, I prefer Marvel comics to DC mostly entirely because they've reset things less in the last 10 years, so it's less confusing.
            Though I stopped reading X-Men partly because of all the resets and time-shenanigans.
            I mostly stay away from both Marvel and DC comics because of the endless backstory, resets, character reimaginings, and so on. They turned Captain Freaking America into a Hydra Agent! I can’t support that. I just can’t.

Comment

The Hydra Captain was... okay. But somewhat predictable in terms of how it worked, and what happened at the end.

My most recent acquaintance with casual erasure of universes was what they did to poor Miles Morales!
              Do you mean the time his entire universe was destroyed*, or more recently?

*I kind of understood why they wanted to put Miles (and evil alternate Mr Fantastic) back into the regular universe, but the Doomworld plotline where they smashed the universes together... nah, not a fan.

I liked Ultimate Marvel, because, well, it was straight-forward. No time reboots or whatever. And a limited number of comics so you could actually keep track of the characters when they crossed over and so forth.
              Or even just keep track of their backstories.

Comment

Could've done without the incest between Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, though - or the rest of the team treating Cap like a prude for not approving of the incest. Or when Blob ate Wasp's corpse. Or when Wolverine committed rape-by-fraud while in Peter Parker's body.
                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-09-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

That was rather unnecessary. But overall I preferred Ultimate Avengers to regular Avengers if only because the team was more consistent, and thus there was better character development.
                  I read the current Avengers for a while, but they kept changing the line-up and it got confusing.

Ultimate X-Men had some weak plotlines as well, especially near the end, but it was still good. Same with Ultimate FF.
                  Ultimate Spider-Man (both Peter Parker and Miles Morales) was the best one, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                  X