Solar Presence versus Dragon-Blooded Presence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

I’m 99% sure it’s the latter, and that it’s specifically a matter of Vance and Minton having fewer reservations than Holden and Morke about subverting the social influence system’s “safeguards.”
    That's not usually a good thing, see 2e's Epic Zeal of (Virtue), I think it works in this case though because it actually does kind of fit with the Solar style. It's why they don't get a charm like Soaring Zephyr Flight. Eagle Wing Style is actually a better charm for almost anything you'd care to use it for, but it isn't just straight up flight in the same way at all. It helps that the DB ones especially have their own safeguards built in, even if they subvert the normal ones.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Sure, but we know a DB can get to Resolve 14 with an excellency and intimacy. That's without charm purchases. And that's not easy to get through.
    Wait, what, how does a DB get to 14 with just an excellency and an intimacy? Are you counting stunts/willpower?

Comment

I’m 99% sure it’s the latter, and that it’s specifically a matter of Vance and Minton having fewer reservations than Holden and Morke about subverting the social influence system’s “safeguards.”
      Ask them.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

That's not usually a good thing, see 2e's Epic Zeal of (Virtue), I think it works in this case though because it actually does kind of fit with the Solar style. It's why they don't get a charm like Soaring Zephyr Flight. Eagle Wing Style is actually a better charm for almost anything you'd care to use it for, but it isn't just straight up flight in the same way at all. It helps that the DB ones especially have their own safeguards built in, even if they subvert the normal ones.

Wait, what, how does a DB get to 14 with just an excellency and an intimacy? Are you counting stunts/willpower?
        1pt stunts, yeah.
        Resolve 6, +3 excellency, +4 intimacy, +1 stunt.

This requires an applicable speciality though.

My characters:
        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

1pt stunts, yeah.
          Resolve 6, +3 excellency, +4 intimacy, +1 stunt.

This requires an applicable speciality though.
          Oh right, that's true, although if you're targeting an existing intimacy they'll take at least a -1 penalty from having an intimacy that supports your action. Either way though it's not exactly trivial for a Lunar or Sidereal, probably, to overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Ask them.
            Was already thinking about it.

Comment

Was already thinking about it.
              I did already, and they answered

Comment

That wasn’t exactly the same or the entire question, I just finished writing my take on it.

Comment

Working...
                X