No announcement yet.

Lunars Kickstarter is Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any kind of break in the shipping costs when ordering multiple books? If so I'm willing to pick up an additional book or two for people in the UK and possibly Europe who are otherwise wincing at the thought of paying an exta $50.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

I mean, if you want to talk references to 2e memes Dragon-Blooded literally have a “Join Battle to not get Psyched” Charm.
      I specifically pointed out that the reason I brought this charm up was because it reacted to all influence like this, not Psyche effects only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lioness View Post
        Is there any kind of break in the shipping costs when ordering multiple books? If so I'm willing to pick up an additional book or two for people in the UK and possibly Europe who are otherwise wincing at the thought of paying an exta $50.
        That might be something to ask James Bell or Rich Thomas about via the Kickstarter.

Comment

• I am pretty excited about all the new animals, my current character (wood aspect) actually has a Elk mount (we were using horse stats) so that is pretty fun! Also we are only a little about 2,000$ before we hit Sublime danger which is exciting.

I find it strange that some of the custom charms/QC characters/animal/artifact slots are still open. I really wanted to buy a Charm during DB but I was buying a car at the time and now this time around I am having a patio installed. That and I can't really think of any charms for Lunars that really are 'wham-pow-awesome' to add.

I have to say in the past, I have not been a Lunars fan. However this Kickstarter really turned me around on them. In 3e they seem 100 kinds of awesome.

Comment

• Hopefully we are able to make it to 300K and get them that bonus, but I think it would need to further pick up the pace to make it in the time we have left.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizu View Post
              Hopefully we are able to make it to 300K and get them that bonus, but I think it would need to further pick up the pace to make it in the time we have left.
              I sadly have to agree, I think we will make the 270,000 mark but not much more than that. Which is sad because this is a excellent book and I think the devs & writers deserve a nice bonus.

Comment

• Nah, we are only a little over a thousand away from that right now so we are definitely hitting 270K. I think at the current rate we might just barely manage to scrape in 290K. But thats assuming it doesn't further speed up in the very final hour. We might maybe hit 300K.

For the record, right now we are at $268,971

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

• Uh...

Reading the previews, I get to Raksi, and, uh, I'm looking at her Intimacies, and I see a highly narcissistic woman who is utterly dedicated to the destruction of an archrival that humiliated and scarred her (emotionally), leading her to becoming a near-faceless dictator, sorceress, and scholar-queen who is beloved and feared by her people, absolutely loathed outside of her circle of intimates, and prone to histrionics both to intimidate and for the sheer grandeur of it all, and who both calls herself a villain and beyond mere simplistic morality, and cares more for having a personal dominion than ruling it.

It's weird. I swear I've seen this before somewhere...

Can't think of where, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                    Uh...

Reading the previews, I get to Raksi, and, uh, I'm looking at her Intimacies, and I see a highly narcissistic woman who is utterly dedicated to the destruction of an archrival that humiliated and scarred her (emotionally), leading her to becoming a near-faceless dictator, sorceress, and scholar-queen who is beloved and feared by her people, absolutely loathed outside of her circle of intimates, and prone to histrionics both to intimidate and for the sheer grandeur of it all, and who both calls herself a villain and beyond mere simplistic morality, and cares more for having a personal dominion than ruling it.

It's weird. I swear I've seen this before somewhere...
                    ... and now Rakshi needs to exclusively refer to herself in the third person.

Comment

• The one thing in the assessment I'd disagree with is the emotional scarring; I don't read Raksi's response to the Usurpation as traumatised so much as pragmatically considerate of the fact that she's faced with a world-spanning enemy who wants to kill her. She otherwise seems super into the kind of person that fighting that made her into.

Originally posted by Aliasi View Post

... and now Rakshi needs to exclusively refer to herself in the third person.
                      I've been thinking that her general style of address in the Total Control Zone would be some Eastern word that translates out to Queen of Fangs, but find the idea that Raksi expects to be identified by her Tell and general demeanour means that she foregoes any self-reference that would give her away.

But maybe that would just be something before somebody addressing her makes the correct propitiation and address.

The references to her as erudite and frustrated by lack of people to converse with recalls to me my notion that Raksi insistently speaks in Old Realm as it was during the during the end of the First Age, within which I'd model her as basically having a personal pronoun exclusively for her own use, ala the Japanese emperor.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                        The one thing in the assessment I'd disagree with is the emotional scarring; I don't read Raksi's response to the Usurpation as traumatised so much as pragmatically considerate of the fact that she's faced with a world-spanning enemy who wants to kill her. She otherwise seems super into the kind of person that fighting that made her into.

I've been thinking that her general style of address in the Total Control Zone would be some Eastern word that translates out to Queen of Fangs, but find the idea that Raksi expects to be identified by her Tell and general demeanour means that she foregoes any self-reference that would give her away.

But maybe that would just be something before somebody addressing her makes the correct propitiation and address.

The references to her as erudite and frustrated by lack of people to converse with recalls to me my notion that Raksi insistently speaks in Old Realm as it was during the during the end of the First Age, within which I'd model her as basically having a personal pronoun exclusively for her own use, ala the Japanese emperor.
                        So, the Queen of Fangs would have, say, a one or two syllable word that basically translates to "She who is the Queen of Fangs" and might be represented in gameplay by people calling her the Queen of Fangs all the time? Or, if Queen of Fangs is too long, I suppose one could use an English word(s) with an appropriate meaning, such as Feared One or Dread or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

So, the Queen of Fangs would have, say, a one or two syllable word that basically translates to "She who is the Queen of Fangs" and might be represented in gameplay by people calling her the Queen of Fangs all the time? Or, if Queen of Fangs is too long, I suppose one could use an English word(s) with an appropriate meaning, such as Feared One or Dread or something.
                          If I was in a position to do so, my inclination would be to decide on an appropriate language and try to find an approximation of how the term might translate into that, and try to come up with a word that sounds like a compound or evolved form of it.

Something that might capture the feel of how the Roman name Caesar (a word of uncertain etymology even by the time of the most famous Gaius Julius) eventually evolves into the Russian title czar, modified by time and the language conventions of the people adopting it.

In this conception, "Queen of Fangs" would still be the general term for referring to Raksi from a distance, invoking her reputation and what she's been known to do, and referencing her adopted moniker as it translates into their own languages, much as titles for different polities might get revised to be familiar to a given speaker. She gets called that rather than just something more prosaic like the queen of Mahalanka, both because that implies a legitimacy that most competing powers don't want to give to her, and from the general perspective that a Lunar who has actually managed to build up and maintain a sizable sovereign territory in open defiance of the Realm warrants something more distinct and fearsome. I'm imagining that in the minds of most speakers, a comprehensible approximation of Raksi's own fearsome moniker conveys the impression that she's openly displaying herself as an evil monster. Whereas the inhabitants of Mahalanka and its surroundings would refer to her by her formal title, and doing so if ever addressing her (with the possible exception of members of the Silver Pact who can get away with calling her shahan-ya) is a good idea.

It's like how you don't style yourself as Dark Lord if you don't have a particular message to send.

But that's just me. I'm sure that in most cases, the point that people under her authority use the title Queen of Fangs all the time would convey the necessary gravitas.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                          X