Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    I can't believe I didn't have this idea before:

A Nexus street rat who was lucky enough to be the reincarnation of a First Age shaman-technician and thus had an instinctive understanding of Artifacts and minor wonders she used to become the leader of the most competent cat burglars in the city, only to be targeted as prime slave-agent material by the Guild; she Exalted and escaped as a white-furred rat, reunited with her gang and made them into ratfolk with a new mission - to spread across Creation and gnaw the Guild's heart out!

If you want to know why I feel ashamed I didn't think of it, I'll give you three hints:

1) She likes building bases underground and her standard offered mutation package involves digging claws.

2) She's obsessed with tech and mass-produced devices, especially firewands.

3) Thanks to Nexus thief's cant, a favorite insult of hers is calling people who are just her marks "things" (as in, "die, Realm-things!").

The punchline is that she's way more like actual rats than her inspiration. Which is to say, one of the few animals scientifically proven to have altruism.
    This is refference to something . Please, enlighten me as to what that is, so I may enjoy it.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

This is refference to something . Please, enlighten me as to what that is, so I may enjoy it.
      Allow me to introduce you to the Skaven:

Behold, the most twisted faction in Warhammer Fantasy, and their competition involves cults of primal gods of evil. They actually come off as rather funny, since they lack any and all virtues, up to and including care for if their various inventions will explode or any real bravery. That same lack of care also gives them WWI level tech in a early Enlightenment setting.

Also known for their distinct accent: "Man-things weak will die-die quick-soon!"

Comment

Apparently, repetition involves double posts.

Comment

The idea I'm liking the most currently is a Casteless Osprey Totemed Pirate/Sorceress (I'd rather her be a necromancer but there's no rules for that yet) who sails around in a moonsilver warship that can also shapeshift
          Last edited by Teal Tara; 03-26-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I have an idea for a centaur-type Lunar, but replace horse with qilin instead.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
              I have an idea for a centaur-type Lunar, but replace horse with qilin instead.
              Are you treating quilin as mundane animals?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I've a couple concepts.

A Casteless Armored Terror totem who was a boatswain and exalted in an event that destroyed his ship, crew and basically his entire world. He retreated to the ocean deeps, where he lurked for a few years before seeking out civilization again. He has never been in contact with the Silver Pact.

A Changing Moon whose totem is a small, four-winged coastal bird. He spends most of his time in hybrid form, with a fully functional double-set of wings and an otherworldly voice. He strongly favors appearance charms.

Here's the inspiration for the latter:
                Last edited by Drazhya; 03-26-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Are you treating quilin as mundane animals?
                  Oh no, I would use that Chimera charm to mix a lion with some kind of deer that has scales.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post

Oh no, I would use that Chimera charm to mix a lion with some kind of deer that has scales.
                    So... Extra Limb -> Centaur and Unusual Hide 4 or 5?

Edit: If you are going Centaur, you don’t even need Lion! Just Deer + Fish or something. Where the lion head should be is your torso.

Comment

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

So... Extra Limb -> Centaur and Unusual Hide 4 or 5?

Edit: If you are going Centaur, you don’t even need Lion! Just Deer + Fish or something. Where the lion head should be is your torso.
                      I'm sketching him atm and a lion's paws looks better than hooves for me.

Though I can make that the antler and scales come from an artirfact mask and armor, so he'll only need lion as a spirit shape now.
                      Last edited by Jen; 03-27-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

The idea of combining a lion with a horned, hoofed mammal, and then making a centaur out of it, kinda reminds me of Legend of Zelda's Lynels.

Comment

Presumably the idea is that the spirit shape is some kind of qilin as well, so you need the lion in the mix. The scales could be a mutation the character already has that just carried over to their spirit shape though. Then you just need the two animals. Or if you don't mind what hoofed animal forms the main body, there's simhata for hoof-beast and lion head + fish for scales and carp whiskers. Doesn't get you antlers or horns though. Heck, you probably had the best idea from the start, the setting has scaled jaguars, there's probably scaled deer bouncing gracefully around somewhere if your ST allows it. Damn, now I'm thinking of carp-deer and they're oddly cute.

I hope your qilin-centaur works out, however you do it. And I hope we get art because it sounds amazing.

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

You could maybe do it as a lion-deer thing mixed with a fish.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I'm contemplating making a swordsman/duelist who enjoys hunting fae a little too much, with a beetle totem. He'd try to gather promising individuals and make a wandering swordsman dojo, or 'hunter's guild'. Hollow Knight meets Goblin Slayer meets Holy Blade Ludwig from Bloodborne.

But mostly played for laughs.
                              Last edited by Brasstreader; 03-27-2019, 08:37 PM.

I used to know things. Forbidden things.

Comment

While I've not seen it used in a game, steel devil style looks to my eye, (and from a few comments here) like an art that lets you crush opponents who you were going to defeat anyway. It has no tools to handle strong parries and dodges. But a lunar using it could mix in stuff like finding the needle's eye and striking mospid method. That looks like fun to me.

Perhaps a good choice changing moon general trying to win an empire.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

Working...
                                X