Fulminating Cataclysm of Cobalt Thunder (Warstrider) PEACH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulminating Cataclysm of Cobalt Thunder (Warstrider) PEACH

This 5-dot Warstrider now has a name agreed on by the group, and the Twilight who created it has managed their final roll; it is being picked up by an Essence 3(.8) Dragon-Blooded in one of my games. I think it's pretty much ready to rumble, but if there are any glaring flaws in its execution, as well non-sequiturs in the Evocation descriptions, I'd really like to know.

Does using Ablative Redundant Memorial Sacrifice impose the normal penalty for taking a crippling wound?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Your missing a coma between 3m and 2i in Stillness Of the cracking storm, I don’t think the Resonant effect needs to be Resonant— it’s pretty expensive for an effect that might do nothing as an instant effect. Not that it matters for your stated use. Also as written it’s activated before an attack lands, is this the intent?

Re-Entering the storm feels a bit strong with its resonant effect.

Furious storm rememberance doesn’t specify when the Initiative divided (before determining who is hit or after) and doesn’t specify if odd numbers are rounded down or up.

I like this artifact btw, very cool evocative effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
        Does using Ablative Redundant Memorial Sacrifice impose the normal penalty for taking a crippling wound?
        No, the Evocation replaces the Penalty (and the Wound itself); you only take the Intimacy loss.

Originally posted by JiveX View Post
        Your missing a coma between 3m and 2i in Stillness Of the cracking storm, I don’t think the Resonant effect needs to be Resonant— it’s pretty expensive for an effect that might do nothing as an instant effect. Not that it matters for your stated use. Also as written it’s activated before an attack lands, is this the intent?

Re-Entering the storm feels a bit strong with its resonant effect.

Furious storm rememberance doesn’t specify when the Initiative divided (before determining who is hit or after) and doesn’t specify if odd numbers are rounded down or up.

I like this artifact btw, very cool evocative effects.
        You’re right, Stillness is horrendously overcosted. I have changed it to be 2i, with a 2 mote surcharge for the Resonant effect, and I think that even that is possibly a little dear. Yes, it is activated before the attack roll.

Re-Entering the Storm is on the strong side, I agree, but I feel that it’s relatively weak as an expenditure of experience if only because it can only used on targets that you have fought beforehand. What I might alter is making it solely useable on the initial Join Battle roll, but I’m not sure that’ll help much.

Furious Storm Remembrance should be divided amongst those hit, with damage rounding up if there’s any spare, I’ll change that.

Thanks so much. I tried to make an artefact that did a good job of being true to its own story and intended uses, whilst being something other people might see some use for.

Comment

Working...
        X