Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best song for moment of solar Exaltation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best song for moment of solar Exaltation?

Hi! I'm putting together a playlist for my Solar game. Everyone is starting out as standard starting Solars except for the Zenith who is exalting early on in the first game. Does anyone have good suggestions for a suitable song to have going during the big moment? My playlist is reasonably eclectic but leans towards game and film soundtracks, though I'd consider anything suitably stirring and epic.

3e Scavenger Lands map
    3e Combat tracker card
    2e Nexus map

A bit cliche perhaps but I'll always associate Number One with outrageous explosions of power.

Comment

Depends a lot on what sort of person your Zenith-to-be is, I guess? Can you describe more about them?

For general epicness, I recommend going to a YouTube channel called Two Steps From Hell and just picking something at random, it's unlikely to be wrong. But here's a good start:

"Measure of Hope is right about everything." - Wise Old Guru

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Measure of Hope View Post
        Depends a lot on what sort of person your Zenith-to-be is, I guess? Can you describe more about them?

For general epicness, I recommend going to a YouTube channel called Two Steps From Hell and just picking something at random, it's unlikely to be wrong.
        Heh! My playlist has a LOT of Two Steps from Hell in it already and I love it.

Let's see, he's a charismatic giant barbarian from the frozen north who's traveled a long way south to Nexus for Reasons with his small cult.

3e Scavenger Lands map
        3e Combat tracker card
        2e Nexus map

Comment

Aha! I present for your consideration:

Currently running an Exalted 2.5 Abyssals game in a homebrew modern shard because I value neither my time or my sanity, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.

Comment

Can I recommend "Princes of the Universe" by Queen?

Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-25-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Well, typically solar exaltation arrives at a moment of certainty and success against the insurmountable, or during an epiphany. A very obvious choice for a moment of righteous defiance is the song of the dragonborn, and dreadful revelation goes with Olgierd's theme song.
              If it's coming with an epiphany, something on the lines of vigil is great for introspective, contemplative quietude.

Comment

I've a soft spot for Gold. Little on the nose, but it's got the sense of momentum just right for an Exaltation IMO.

Comment

Less than serious:
                  Here Comes The Sun: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGKPHFrHVVY

Comment

RWBY music is great Exalted fodder, but Gold isn't the first choice I'd make for a Solar exaltation. Not even the first Yang song. I'd go with I Burn for that :

Comment

Counterattack Mankind

And here it is in the context that makes it so (minor spoilers for episode six of the first season of Attack on Titan):

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Measure of Hope View Post
                        RWBY music is great Exalted fodder, but Gold isn't the first choice I'd make for a Solar exaltation. Not even the first Yang song. I'd go with I Burn for that :
                        Mmm. Different strokes. I Burn is great for Solar Glory and battle prowess while Gold is a bit more spiritual to me.

(Can we at least agree that we all want the Vol6 soundtrack already? ^^)

Comment

how about this one?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            Can I recommend "Princes of the Universe" by Queen?

Sadly no because its the title song to the entire game haha!

3e Scavenger Lands map
                            3e Combat tracker card
                            2e Nexus map

Comment

Little weird, but can we get an idea on what the moment is expected to be like? I mean difference between the music you play with a big fight's turn around, the rousing speech to rally the troops, flying into righteously driven berserker rage, or talking an antagonist out of whatever villainy they were planning.

Comment

Working...
                              X