Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Ex 3 Lunars] Glorious Argent Beastiary! (A Lunar's Character Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the contrary that weapon master merit would be overpowered. Any non-charm bonus you can stack on top of what would otherwise be your cap is worth its weight in gold if you're already at the intended cap. There's a 2-dot hearthstone (Jewel of Swift-Strike) which only gives a rather situational +1 non-charm to attacks and it's easily one of the best 2-dot hearthstones.

Comment

• I also spotted a fun little thing I hadn't thought about before; since Fivefold Transcendent Insight applies to all perception charms, it reduces Demon-Drinking Fang to 1m for +5 Aggravated Decisive damage against spirits and Fey (if you have Per 5). Combine with Octopus-and-Spider Barrage for a real God-blender (at E3 thats +20 aggravated decisive damage for 4m).

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

Hmm, I wonder what Spirit Shape you’d want for this? Some kind of insect, maybe?
      Yeah pretty much any insect or arachnid would work for natural armor and extra arms. I was tempted to say Mantis and also dip into Mantis style but the combination of Mantis + Crane isn't so hot without the Mastery on Iron-Arm Block.
      Last edited by limaxophobiac; 01-23-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Hello all, I am sorry if this is necromancy but I was wondering if anyone has worked out a large crab lunar combat character?

Comment

• Originally posted by Citadel97501 View Post
          Hello all, I am sorry if this is necromancy but I was wondering if anyone has worked out a large crab lunar combat character?
          This is not... hard? Especially with the massive buff to Carapace, you can easily walk around with "Only Exalts need apply" levels of Soak. Then just rock up with the biggest meanest grimcleaver you have and Ma Ha Suchi's your uncle.

Did you want it to have any cute tricks? Any obscure corner cases of the rules you'd like to exploit? Those I admittedly have some faculty with.
          Last edited by prototype00; 05-06-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
            This is not... hard? Especially with the massive buff to Carapace, you can easily walk around with "Only Exalts need apply" levels of Soak. Then just rock up with the biggest meanest grimcleaver you have and Ma Ha Suchi's your uncle.

Did you want it to have any cute tricks? Any obscure corner cases of the rules you'd like to exploit? Those I admittedly have some faculty with.
            I specifically was thinking for an animal form of a Large Crab as the combat form?

So a crab is only really beneficial for super armor characters? There isn't a grapple build there even with the Grasping Claws for bonus damage?
            -How are you getting carapace on the crab all I can see is the Tell, or Chimera-Soul Expression? Or are you suggesting that we "simply" use a very powerful shape IE a Super Armored large crab shape that starts with Carapace 2 and Unusual Hide 5? This would give you a base armor of 18/5 with a Mobility penalty of 1, + any moon silver armor your wearing so capping out at about 29 armor not counting excellencies? Lets say you toss on Legendary Size and now you are basically immune from crash as I can't think of much that can do 39+ withering damage in one shot.

Comment

I specifically was thinking for an animal form of a Large Crab as the combat form?

So a crab is only really beneficial for super armor characters? There isn't a grapple build there even with the Grasping Claws for bonus damage?
              -How are you getting carapace on the crab all I can see is the Tell, or Chimera-Soul Expression? Or are you suggesting that we "simply" use a very powerful shape IE a Super Armored large crab shape that starts with Carapace 2 and Unusual Hide 5? This would give you a base armor of 18/5 with a Mobility penalty of 1, + any moon silver armor your wearing so capping out at about 29 armor not counting excellencies? Lets say you toss on Legendary Size and now you are basically immune from crash as I can't think of much that can do 39+ withering damage in one shot.
              Okay, that’s different. You’re wanting an actual crab shape not a puissant HBT/DBT crab person.

I gotta break it to you now, the extant crabs in the book are not the greatest, but I’ll do what I can.

1. You can Chimera Soul on 6 points of mutations to your crab body, so that’s Carapace 00 and Unusual Hide 0000. You can have Unusual hide 0 as a Tell mutation, but it’s only two points more of Soak. So this gives you 10 Armored soak (that stacks with armor) if you take the whole shebang. Large crabs natively have a Soak of 8, so that’s 18. If you were wearing Moonsilver Artifact armor, you have a base of around 28. (This is more than probably overkill)

*Maui Impression* You’re Welcome.

2.The Grapple side, there are a bunch of charms that enhance grapple, but I’ll let you sort them out. If you just want to *win grapple* all the time, I’d advise you be Crabzilla and take the Ess 2 charm Mountainous Spirit Expression which makes you Legendary size and you can auto win grapples against anything that isn’t Solar Supernal Brawl, another Lunar running the same suite or a Warstrider. (And even then good odds)

*Maui Encore* You’re welcome again.
              Last edited by prototype00; 05-07-2021, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Thanks, I was also noting that there are some charms that just seem great for the Iron Skull Devil? Basically Relentless Monster Pursuit makes this disgusting with free initiative whenever you move to the guy you just smashed a zone? Here is 3 free initiative you can use to smash the guy again, & again, or maybe even better just keep tossing him like a ragdoll gaining more and more initiative each time.

Comment

Thanks, I was also noting that there are some charms that just seem great for the Iron Skull Devil? Basically Relentless Monster Pursuit makes this disgusting with free initiative whenever you move to the guy you just smashed a zone? Here is 3 free initiative you can use to smash the guy again, & again, or maybe even better just keep tossing him like a ragdoll gaining more and more initiative each time.
                  It’s cool, but seems a bit win more to me, you’re already making Decisives against the guy to get him in that position, I’d personally rather concentrate on the abilities that get you into that position.

And aside from this neat trick, Iron Skull Devils really don’t have much else going for them (poor soak, not top tier damage, etc).

It’s fine I suppose, not all Lunar have to be hippos.

Edit: Nothing prevents you from resetting to base after Decisives with this animal, btw, so you’re doing the punting trick once and then probably building up initiative again.

Comment

• True, what got my attention is your resetting to base then closing for 3 more likely triggering it again...6 initiative, and a charm sounds like plenty to trigger 3+ decisive damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X