Thousand Blades Style, potential sources of inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
    (I'll be peeved if we don't hit that stretch goal.)
    You will not be the only one! I've been looking forward to seeing Thousand Blade Style since it was first mentioned. Not getting it will probably turn me off of the kickstarters going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by TalosX View Post

You will not be the only one! I've been looking forward to seeing Thousand Blade Style since it was first mentioned. Not getting it will probably turn me off of the kickstarters going forward.
      Bad enough we missed out on the additional Warstriders in Heirs of the Shogunate.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I'm sure we'll get it in another book in the future rather than sooner, but saying it's going to turn you off from the future Kickstarters is a little sad. Exchange rates, increase of shipping costs, and other realities of life makes it very expensive for a lot of people and they've put in what they could.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

If you want it to happen, tell your friends about the kickstarter! Try to spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Bad enough we missed out on the additional Warstriders in Heirs of the Shogunate.
            Oh damn, I thought we'd hit that one! Now I'm sad again.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

We have now paid enough for the privilege to buy more. I put down another $10 to get Creatures of the Wyld and other old books.

We are $19,000 away from Sublime Danger and Thousand Blade Style.

There are a lot of special “design this thing for me” slots left to buy that would really help us towards reaching that goal, but anyone willing to buy those has probably already done so.

Comment

(I'll be peeved if we don't hit that stretch goal.)
                This times a thousand; Thousand Blades Style is utterly perfect for one of the PCs in my ongoing chronicle. Here's to the last-couple-days-of-the-KS surge!

Comment

3 days and $18,000 to go.

Comment

Did you mean Vergil? I know Vergil summons glowing spiritual swords to circle around him protectively, but I don't recall Dante having more than the one sword. I've never played the games, but I've watch a showcase of his various weapons, and the closest that comes is a spike-shooting set of "wings" that are more like mantis arms.
                    Actually (and fortuitously), Dante in DMC5 gets a weapon with summon sword powers, and it is way closer to how I always imagined Thousand Blades Style to be than Vergil's summon swords ever were.

Comment

3 days and $18,000 to go.

We'll hit it. There's been more momentum today than each day of the last week or so, and we should keep picking up momentum through the end of the campaign at this point.
                      Last edited by Jade-Wrought Sunfire; 03-10-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Actually (and fortuitously), Dante in DMC5 gets a weapon with summon sword powers, and it is way closer to how I always imagined Thousand Blades Style to be than Vergil's summon swords ever were.

Sadly I've yet to see a good video of someone going to town with devil sword Dante

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

It's a couple of things for me. Sublime Danger and Thousand Blade Style was mentioned to be a part of the Lunar's splat years ago, after the Visiting Flare comic was released. To not get them now after the long wait, plus the debacle with the 3E Core delay, and the Dragonblood book still not out a year after the kickstarter. I really like Vance and Minton's vision for Exalted so far, but there's a lot of disappointment continuing to pile up for me!

Comment

Originally posted by TalosX View Post

It's a couple of things for me. Sublime Danger and Thousand Blade Style was mentioned to be a part of the Lunar's splat years ago, after the Visiting Flare comic was released. To not get them now after the long wait, plus the debacle with the 3E Core delay, and the Dragonblood book still not out a year after the kickstarter. I really like Vance and Minton's vision for Exalted so far, but there's a lot of disappointment continuing to pile up for me!
                            1# Its definitely out for backers, I have the final product downloaded on my phone and computer. Not the text only preview but with the pictures and rewrites from proofreading and everything. We actually got it ahead of promised schedule since we got it in 12/2018 instead of 2/2019 like they initially estimated in the PDF only backer level.

2# If you are talking about physical copies its still well within the time frame we were told up front on when we would be getting them. They told us we would get the hardcover by 12/2019 and its only 3/2019.

3# You seem to be incorrectly remembering when that Kickstarter ended, it ended on 4/26/2018 so its not even been a year. Even if you go with the start date instead its still not been a year. We got our finished PDF around 7 1/2 months after the kickstarter ended.

However, in fairness they did give an estimated delivery of The Realm and Heirs to the Shogunate for 2/2019 and that didn't happen. So they were early with the main course and late with the side dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizu View Post

1# Its definitely out for backers, I have the final product downloaded on my phone and computer. Not the text only preview but with the pictures and rewrites from proofreading and everything. We actually got it ahead of promised schedule since we got it in 12/2018 instead of 2/2019 like they initially estimated in the PDF only backer level.

2# If you are talking about physical copies its still well within the time frame we were told up front on when we would be getting them. They told us we would get the hardcover by 12/2019 and its only 3/2019.

3# You seem to be incorrectly remembering when that Kickstarter ended, it ended on 4/26/2018 so its not even been a year. Even if you go with the start date instead its still not been a year. We got our finished PDF around 7 1/2 months after the kickstarter ended.

However, in fairness they did give an estimated delivery of The Realm and Heirs to the Shogunate for 2/2019 and that didn't happen. So they were early with the main course and late with the side dishes.
                              You can't claim it's finished if they were still making revisions/corrections. The final version has not been released, and was still layout as of a week or two ago according to the Monday updates. What you, and I because I'm a backer as well, have is a "mostly done" product. Vance was still making corrections and clarifications after it was released, so what you have is most definitely not the final product.

Comment

Hmm, really? Thats news to me actually. I thought what they were doing now was stuff involved in printing physical copies that had nothing to do with any possible content changes. Guess I was wrong on part of what I posted. Still, its definitely not been more then a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X