Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    If Berit has children, are her children houseless Dynasts like her, with only a personal name - or do they take her name as a surname and count as a Patrician House? Does who the father is matter in this regard?
    My assumption is that they would be members of the father's house. However, if Eric suggests something else, he's probably got the better idea.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Thanks a lot for the explanation, Robert. I have just grappled with this for a while and, well, I didn't know who else to ask but you guys. Sorry for pestering you with my impatience, I am just tearing my hair a bit as to how long it takes to get source material out. And my apologies for being wrong regarding the time of the process after you have handed in a manuscript and art (although I am pretty sure the Lunar Kickstarter does say december in 2020 at the moment at least). Anyway, thanks for the explanation. I could ask for nothing more than an explanation. You are not wizards after all
      Last edited by Magnus K; 05-27-2019, 04:11 PM.

      Comment


      • What gender pronouns should I use for the Emissary of Nexus? The 2e books used "it," but if the gameline's moved from that, I wouldn't mind knowing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Once battle is joined, the opponent would be aware that someone is coming for him, even if he doesn't know who they are or where they are.
          When you say "Once battle is joined", do you mean that the combatant is aware of danger as soon as they roll join battle, or do you mean they become aware of danger once their first turn arrives in initiative order?

          Comment


          • A question that came up looking through the old dev comments; they said Getimians are humans, but created. Does that still hold?


            Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by marin View Post
              A question that came up looking through the old dev comments; they said Getimians are humans, but created. Does that still hold?
              Sort of. Created isn't really the right term for them, but it's not inaccurate either. You'll find out exactly what Getimians are in Crucible of Legends.


              Neall Raemonn Price
              Beleaguered Scion Developer

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Epitome View Post

                When you say "Once battle is joined", do you mean that the combatant is aware of danger as soon as they roll join battle, or do you mean they become aware of danger once their first turn arrives in initiative order?
                Once the roll is made, although it doesn't make much practical difference.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  What gender pronouns should I use for the Emissary of Nexus? The 2e books used "it," but if the gameline's moved from that, I wouldn't mind knowing.
                  "They," for unknown gender.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • As an English teacher, I just want to say I approve of the way you've been using "they" for singular entities of unknown or ambiguous gender.

                    On to my question; so we noticed that in 3rd ed, the Realm only managed to reach the West 100 years ago, when they took Fajad. How much did they know about it before then?

                    And also, what was the relationship between Western Lunars and other Lunars in the Caul, North, etc? Were they in contact?
                    And is this why Leviathan wasn't that bothered about the Realm until recently?
                    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 05-28-2019, 09:13 AM.


                    My characters:
                    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Once the roll is made, although it doesn't make much practical difference.
                      I'm having trouble reconciling this with the Ambush rules :

                      Originally posted by Exalted Third Edition p.203
                      An ambush is defined as an attack against a target completely unaware of the attacker’s presence
                      How can an ambush target be completely unaware of the attacker's presence if they become aware that someone is coming for them as soon as they roll join battle?
                      Last edited by Epitome; 05-28-2019, 10:38 PM. Reason: reworded post more constructively

                      Comment


                      • So, the North has a number of Cadet houses descended from Shogunate Gens. Ferem, Japor, Nandoran, etc.

                        Are they intended to get more details in Heirs to the Shogunate, or not really?

                        I was particularly wondering if they have particular elemental inclinations like most of the Great Houses and Lookshy Gentes. Or if their blood is too weak for it be noticeable, like Nellens.


                        My characters:
                        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          On to my question; so we noticed that in 3rd ed, the Realm only managed to reach the West 100 years ago, when they took Fajad. How much did they know about it before then?
                          "Opening of the West to mortal trade via Wu-Jian" refers specifically to trade routes via Wu-Jian that mortal crews can safely navigate. The Realm has had limited access to the West for longer than that via Fajad and the Caul (which is how they've controlled Wavecrest for longer than 100 years), and ships with Dragon-Blooded heroes aboard have been able to navigate more perilous routes via Wu-Jian for over 100 years.

                          Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          And also, what was the relationship between Western Lunars and other Lunars in the Caul, North, etc? Were they in contact?
                          Depends on which Lunars you're talking about. But there used to be significantly fewer Lunars in the West than in other Directions because it wasn't much of a front in the war against the Realm, which also meant that many Lunars in the West were there because they had little interest or investment in the war against the Realm. Since a lot of long-range contact between Lunars is about the war against the Realm, this meant less contact overall. But there was still personal correspondence, educational visits, etc.

                          Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          And is this why Leviathan wasn't that bothered about the Realm until recently?
                          When the Realm had little to no influence in the vicinity of Luthe, Leviathan wasn't that bothered.


                          Developer for Exalted.

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            So, the North has a number of Cadet houses descended from Shogunate Gens. Ferem, Japor, Nandoran, etc.

                            Are they intended to get more details in Heirs to the Shogunate, or not really?

                            I was particularly wondering if they have particular elemental inclinations like most of the Great Houses and Lookshy Gentes. Or if their blood is too weak for it be noticeable, like Nellens.
                            There will be four Great House-style write-ups for individual cadet houses in Heirs to the Shogunate, although they won't be as in-depth as the Great House write-ups in Dragon-Blooded due to word count restrictions. One of them is for House Ferem. Covering multiple Northern cadet houses wasn't feasible with the word count available.


                            Developer for Exalted.

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              Covering multiple Northern cadet houses wasn't feasible with the word count available.
                              That's pretty reasonable. Ones from other directions is probably more interesting.


                              My characters:
                              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

                              Comment


                              • So we have seen examples of lunars with Essence 6 Panoply charms. We don't have any written dragon bloods outside of essence 5. Is that a hard and fast design choice? Or if a game goes past E5 would it be not unreasonable for Panoply charms for Dragon-Blooded and would it be within the design space to key them off say, signature charms?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X