Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the general scale of any/all of these - The typical satrapy's tribute, the largest satrapy's (prasad's?) tribute, the total tribute from all satrapies, the number of realm satrapies?

Comment

• Quick thing I was vague on from the Realm, who holds the legal right to create or elevate Cadet Houses? It seems to be a legal status but I couldn't find if it was a Deliberative power or a Big Red power.

Comment

• Questions on Exile status

- it only applies to Blessed Isle itself, right? Can an exiled Dynast who still is on good terms with their House hang out and even potentially hold some status in one of their satrapies?

- I assume the statement about their children being welcomed back to the House is specifically about female exiled Dynasts? The offspring of male Dynasts having no statue or House connection that doesn’t come from their mother, so any DB kids of a male exile would be Razor or Coined?
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-29-2019, 01:30 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
          Quick thing I was vague on from the Realm, who holds the legal right to create or elevate Cadet Houses? It seems to be a legal status but I couldn't find if it was a Deliberative power or a Big Red power.
          As per What Fire Has Wrought, "Granting or removing recognition of cadet house status, as with Great House status, was the prerogative of the Empress alone."

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            Questions on Exile status

- it only applies to Blessed Isle itself, right? Can an exiled Dynast who still is on good terms with their House hang out and even potentially hold some stays in one of their satrapies?
            That's correct.

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            - I assume the statement about their children being welcomed back to the House is specifically about female exiled Dynasts? The offspring of male Dynasts having no statue or House connection that doesn’t come from their mother, so any DB kids of a male exile would be Razor or Coined?
            As per What Fire Has Wrought, "Husbands normally retain their family name when they marry. However, since peasants and outcastes largely lack family names, one who marries a patrician or Dynast takes on their spouse’s family name. When people of different social classes marry, the lower-class spouse is elevated to the higher-ranking spouse’s social class — at least officially." So an exiled male Dynast who marries outside of the Dynasty (assuming the necessary Imperial judges can be assembled) would bring his spouse into the family.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is the one Legion Tepet is listed as having the Vermillion Legion, or is the Vermillion Legion in addition to their one traditional Legion?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Is the one Legion Tepet is listed as having the Vermillion Legion, or is the Vermillion Legion in addition to their one traditional Legion?
                Just the one, as per What Fire Has Wrought: "Promoting [Tepet Ejava] to general, they placed her in charge of the one legion that had been foisted on the house in the partition of the Imperial legions — the infamous Vermilion, or “Red-Piss,” Legion."

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                  So we have seen examples of lunars with Essence 6 Panoply charms. We don't have any written dragon bloods outside of essence 5. Is that a hard and fast design choice? Or if a game goes past E5 would it be not unreasonable for Panoply charms for Dragon-Blooded and would it be within the design space to key them off say, signature charms?
                  The Essence 6+ Lunar Charms are representative of what we intend all Essence 6+ Charms to look like—i.e., unique characterization flair rather than a new tier of mechanical power past Essence 5.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Dragon-Blooded revealed that Fokuf is the Roseblack's uncle. Is he the son of Tepet Arada, then, or her father's brother (as I believe both of Roseblack's parents were Tepet, but Arada was the father of her mother)?

In the section on the Imperial Manse, it said that there are many stories of what actually is inside its bowels that only the Empress ever saw, including that there are "gateways to other worlds." By "worlds," does this mean Malfeas, the Underworld, etc., or unknown realms like wherever Yutani's Children think they're from and Zen-Mu, or both?

Comment

• This seems like a lore as well as a mechanical question, so Robert and Eric:

The Abyssal book is a long ways off, but how do you feel about the potential of Solar Exalted and Abyssal Exalted to temporarily access the Charms of each other? Do you feel that falls to the level of "figure it out at your own table if it appeals to you" or rises to the level of "this deserves to be codified into published material"?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      The Essence 6+ Lunar Charms are representative of what we intend all Essence 6+ Charms to look like—i.e., unique characterization flair rather than a new tier of mechanical power past Essence 5.
                      Thus preserving the "peak, plateau, peak, plateau" pattern of Essence 1-5. 6 is a plateau where you grow wider rather than higher. Essence 7 might be a peak, but it's not a scenario worth spending word-count on.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                        Dragon-Blooded revealed that Fokuf is the Roseblack's uncle. Is he the son of Tepet Arada, then, or her father's brother (as I believe both of Roseblack's parents were Tepet, but Arada was the father of her mother)?
                        I don't think we've published anything specifying that, and it's unlikely to come up in future published material, so do whatever makes the most sense at your table.

Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                        In the section on the Imperial Manse, it said that there are many stories of what actually is inside its bowels that only the Empress ever saw, including that there are "gateways to other worlds." By "worlds," does this mean Malfeas, the Underworld, etc., or unknown realms like wherever Yutani's Children think they're from and Zen-Mu, or both?
                        That depends on which characters are telling the stories!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          This seems like a lore as well as a mechanical question, so Robert and Eric:

The Abyssal book is a long ways off, but how do you feel about the potential of Solar Exalted and Abyssal Exalted to temporarily access the Charms of each other? Do you feel that falls to the level of "figure it out at your own table if it appeals to you" or rises to the level of "this deserves to be codified into published material"?
                          I'm not really going to have a clear picture of that until we start outlining Abyssals.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          Thus preserving the "peak, plateau, peak, plateau" pattern of Essence 1-5. 6 is a plateau where you grow wider rather than higher. Essence 7 might be a peak, but it's not a scenario worth spending word-count on.
                          6+ is all plateau. We don't want players to feel that they need shenanigans to hit Essence 6 or 7+ in order to play in the big leagues.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is there room for an Abyssal Resistance Charm where you sacrifice your human body to become a ghost haunting a suit of armor?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Will we ever see some guidelines or advice on how to balance such things? Perhaps in exigents.
                              From a balance perspective there's not much to compare it to, hence my curiosity.

Comment

• Will we ever get more details on the specifics of the imperial manse in a book like towers of the mighty?

Comment

Working...
                                X