Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

    Just the one, as per What Fire Has Wrought: "Promoting [Tepet Ejava] to general, they placed her in charge of the one legion that had been foisted on the house in the partition of the Imperial legions — the infamous Vermilion, or “Red-Piss,” Legion."
    Am I miscounting then? Because the book calls the Vermillion Legion the 40th Legion, but i’m only counting 38 in the House breakdown list. Even with the Silent Legion, that’s 39. What am I missing?


    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

    Comment


    • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Am I miscounting then? Because the book calls the Vermillion Legion the 40th Legion, but i’m only counting 38 in the House breakdown list. Even with the Silent Legion, that’s 39. What am I missing?
      There used to be more legions than there are now, and higher-numbered legions weren't necessarily renumbered after lower-numbered legions were disbanded. (It's also possible that some legion numbers have been permanently retired for various reasons, whether to honor a legion lost in battle or to condemn legions involved in failed coup attempts.)


      Developer for Exalted.

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Comment


      • Is it a correct reading that the Silent Legion is still operating as if they're getting orders from SOMEWHERE, even though no one else can figure out where, or are they just kind of doing nothing?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          Is there room for an Abyssal Resistance Charm where you sacrifice your human body to become a ghost haunting a suit of armor?
          The First and Forsaken Lion has enough problems without having to worry about deathknights jacking his swagger.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
            Will we ever see some guidelines or advice on how to balance such things? Perhaps in exigents.
            From a balance perspective there's not much to compare it to, hence my curiosity.
            Don't make them mechanically more powerful than Essence 5 Charms.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Is there something like the Thing Infernal, or are the current Infenrals like solars in lacking their own factions(because of small numbers)?


              The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
              Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
              My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
                Is it a correct reading that the Silent Legion is still operating as if they're getting orders from SOMEWHERE, even though no one else can figure out where, or are they just kind of doing nothing?
                I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate on what part of the text is causing confusion?


                Developer for Exalted.

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Is there something like the Thing Infernal, or are the current Infenrals like solars in lacking their own factions(because of small numbers)?
                  While the specifics of 2E's Althing Infernal won't be the same, the Infernal Exalted will enjoy some social cohesion.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • I don't think there is an Exalted type with a comparable social relationship to an existing political structure as the Dragon-Blooded have to the Scarlet Realm, so I'd assume The Realm will be rather unique as a supplement in describing that relationship.

                    That being said, will there be room for discussing anything comparable when it applies to other Exalt types in the Threshold in Across the Eight Directions? E.g. Talking in greater detail about Liminals in Sijan.

                    P.S. Love what I've read in The Realm so far!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate on what part of the text is causing confusion?
                      With no Empress to give
                      them orders, they remain quiescent as a body. No one is
                      certain how they’ll react when another Dynast attempts
                      to seat herself on their mistress’ throne.


                      ​And then one paragraph later:

                      The Legion’s dragonlords form
                      a council that received instructions from the Empress
                      a few times a year and propagated them through the
                      chain of command. Now only they know what and
                      whose orders they pass on.
                      ​So I'm not sure if they're just in a holding pattern or if they are issuing orders from a Mysterious Source.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by memeala View Post
                        I don't think there is an Exalted type with a comparable social relationship to an existing political structure as the Dragon-Blooded have to the Scarlet Realm, so I'd assume The Realm will be rather unique as a supplement in describing that relationship.

                        That being said, will there be room for discussing anything comparable when it applies to other Exalt types in the Threshold in Across the Eight Directions?
                        Yes, though not what you'd expect.

                        Originally posted by memeala View Post
                        E.g. Talking in greater detail about Liminals in Sijan.
                        Sijan isn't in Eight Directions; we're holding off so that we can present it in either Abyssals or Liminals.

                        Originally posted by memeala View Post
                        P.S. Love what I've read in The Realm so far!
                        Thank you! We're proud of it.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post


                          ​And then one paragraph later:



                          ​So I'm not sure if they're just in a holding pattern or if they are issuing orders from a Mysterious Source.[/SIZE]
                          It's deliberately ambiguous as to whether the dragonlords are receiving orders from another source or not. They are not visibly acting on any clear, dynamic agenda, regardless of source.


                          Developer for Exalted.

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Comment


                          • Any info on the approximate size of the House Cynis garrison in Greyfalls, or is that up to me as a GM? I was thinking maybe a Dragon worth of troops, since it is such an important Satrapy encroached by potential enemies, previously held by the Empress legions (if I understood it correctly) and maybe backed up by janissaries or something similar, but maybe a dragon of Cynis Legionaires is too much since Cynis wants to defend it's lands on the Blessed Isle, or ?

                            Last edited by Magnus K; 05-29-2019, 08:48 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Magnus K View Post
                              Any info on the approximate size of the House Cynis garrison in Greyfalls, or is that up to me as a GM? I was thinking maybe a Dragon worth of troops, since it is such an important Satrapy encroached by potential enemies, previously held by the Empress legions (if I understood it correctly) and maybe backed up by janissaries or something similar, but maybe a dragon of Cynis Legionaires is too much since Cynis wants to defend it's lands on the Blessed Isle, or ?
                              Conveniently, The Realm specifies that House Cynis currently has a dragon of legionary troops in Greyfalls. (p.159) Presumably there's also a Cynis garrison and perhaps some local auxiliaries; you should figure out the numbers based on what you think will work best for your game.


                              Developer for Exalted.

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Comment


                              • Would I be correct in surmising that while they call their army the “Seventh Legion”, Lookshy’s forces are significantly larger than any INDIVIDUAL Realm Legion, and possibly larger or at least numerically on par with the total forces of Cathak or Sesus?


                                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X