This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus K View Post
    I have decided to place my new campaign in one of the princpalities subject to the Greyfalls Satrapy. I was therefore a bit curious if you had some thoughts or even an educated guess, as to what an approximate range of the Greyfalls War Manse would maybe be. I foresee my players, who have all created some really cool solar characters, a full circle barring a Twilight, to relatively quickly gain control of the principality and tear it out of Greyfalls grasp, and the campaign will then most likely go towards war with Greyfalls itself due to some of the intimacies (like Hatred House Cynis and being escaped slaves etc.) my players have chosen. However if the Greyfalls War Manse can burn towns many, many many miles away, it would be fun to know so that I don't make a stupid mistake as a GM, ( make it far easier or far harder for my players)
    Your primary concern should be with what you feel the war manse should or should not be capable of when the PCs take over and gain control over it.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
      Am I right in guessing this means "Lillun PERIOD is never coming back the Empress does not have a young daughter who vanished mysteriously due to the baggage of the character"?

Because I also understand that.
      You are correct.

Lillun as she appears in Aspect Book: Earth is a perfectly fine character. But because of the things that are now inseparably associated with her, we're not bringing any hint of that back.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
        Your primary concern should be with what you feel the war manse should or should not be capable of when the PCs take over and gain control over it.
        Yeah, I guess that should be the primary concern, haha !

Comment

• When you replace someone retroactively via Inchoate Self Realization, do you get to pick which kind of sacred hunt you did on them via whatever ones are available to you from Heart's Blood Charms if you feel like not having killed them?

Comment

• I'm still a little lost when it comes to Abyssal and Infernal exaltations. They are stolen Solar Exaltations right? But,how were they stolen? are they like "stored" somewehre? and how are they modified to turn a mortal into an Abyssal or Infernal and not an Solar?
            Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 05-30-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
              When you replace someone retroactively via Inchoate Self Realization, do you get to pick which kind of sacred hunt you did on them via whatever ones are available to you from Heart's Blood Charms if you feel like not having killed them?
              Sure. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                I'm still a little lost when it comes to Abyssal and Infernal exaltations. They are stolen Solar Exaltations right? But,how were they stolen?
                They were stolen from the Jade Prison. The precise details of how this was accomplished have not yet been revealed.

are they like "stored" somewehre?
                As in past editions, when an Abyssal Exaltation is not incarnate in an Abyssal, it resides in a Monstrance of Celestial Portion. A similar arrangement exists for Infernal Exaltations.

and how are they modified to turn a mortal into an Abyssal or Infernal and not an Solar?
                By the power of the Deathlords, drawing upon the bleak glories of the Neverborn, and by the power of the Yozis, respectively.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  They were stolen from the Jade Prison. The precise details of how this was accomplished have not yet been revealed.

As in past editions, when an Abyssal Exaltation is not incarnate in an Abyssal, it resides in a Monstrance of Celestial Portion. A similar arrangement exists for Infernal Exaltations.

By the power of the Deathlords, drawing upon the bleak glories of the Neverborn, and by the power of the Yozis, respectively.
                  That sounds badass,thanks robert

Comment

• Originally posted by The Realm
                    Some villages know the Order only by the monk who visits every year, bearing wisdom and punishing troublemakers, but these monks act as the eyes, ears, and fingers of a massive enterprise, well-coordinated and driven by shared purpose.

How does this work out? The Immaculate Order's key tenet of worship on a schedule as led by an Immaculate Monk doesn't necessitate a monk in every village every day but probably does necessitate there being a mortal one around once a week or month or so. Otherwise nobody is going to catch the local field god getting uppity and extorting peasants, or be able to discipline peasants for trying to bribe gods with extra worship for boons.

Comment

• we know that in a lunar hunting a lunar situation, the hunter can drink the lunars heartsblood and gain all the forms in the hunteds library.
                      Does this include the killed lunars spirit and human shapes?
                      Also if they are hunted in Hybrid body, does this form also get added?
                      Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 05-31-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Eric Minton: I love your blog posts about beverages in Creation. What alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks do you think fit for Prasad and the Dreaming Sea?

Comment

• Assuming either Vance or Minton wrote the entertainment bit, but was there a particular existing piece of music that's how you envision Elegant River, Jade Cockrel, and Eight Winds?

As described the first two sound like music from Hero and then the Peking opera respectively. Not sure about the third

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Don't make them mechanically more powerful than Essence 5 Charms.
                            If they're not stronger, what makes an Essence 6 Charm different from an Essence 5 Charm?

Will they tend to be permanent upgrades that expand the function of a pre-existing Charm in some specific direction?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              So I am working on creating a good indepth setting for next weekends first session, and I have been thinking about what you told me regarding that the powers of the War Manse should be limited to what I want my players to be able to use etc. I gave it some thought and came up with an idea. As a War Manse, I am thinking it is safe to say (please do correct me if I am wrong) that it sits atop a N/A Demnse and thus is a N/A type Manse. I was then thinking that it could yield maybe a lesser heartstone for each element as well as a greater solar stone to control the manse, and that it could maybe be used with fewer stones, but that each lesser stone represents something like 10km range of some elemental attack the War Manse can employ and the greater solar stone maybe gives it 30km range to a 80km maximum radius sone which protects Greyfalls as well as the power to give aggravated damage to Creatures of Darkness (guessing war manses were fortress-locations in the First Age and built specifically to defend Creation against its foes, as well as fuel the Realm Defense Grid) and maybe parts of a couple of dominions subjected to its rule. That sounds like enough space for a modest petty kingdom from the middle ages directly protected by the War Manse. Is this idea super far fetched (like for instance my assumption that N/A Manses create several heartstones) and would it ruin anything which is currently canon to the setting? I would, if possible, like to adopt everything as close to canon as possible. I know that there won't be rules for manses for years, but I just wondered if this sounded far fetched mechanically and setting-wise and extremely far away from what you devs envision a War Manse to do.

Also, if I may ask, Greyfalls sounds like a mercantile hub built around the legion encampment, serving the trade routes of the Golden road, so is it possible that the city itself has up to 80 000-100 000 people, or would this be too much canonically ? I am assuming Greyfalls also has hinterlands with farming villages and rural farms to feed it that all fall under the borders of Greyfalls.
                              As for the Golden Road, it is a bit unclear to me if it is if it goes all the way to up that river fork where I guess Ixcoatli starts (on the exalted world map), or if it is just goes a part of the way, since it is a considerable distance if House Cynis troops control all of it and must even patrol it !

An at last a detail, it says that Robe is controlled by a mortal and a god, and that the god, Echo Drinker is a rat god. Is he/she a god of rats as a concept (which I guess would make him a celestial god) or is he a god of a particular type of rat, or rats of just a particular elemental direction (such as rats of the east).

In advance, thank you very much !
                              Last edited by Magnus K; 05-31-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Just something I was always curious about-

Does the Sun serve as the "source" of Exigence due to his role as the King of Heaven, or due to his very nature as the Sun? (that is, if for some plot device reason the Sun were to be replaced as the most high by, let's say, Luna- could Luna grant Exigence to other gods, or would the Sun, even without him standing in the top of Creation, still have that privilege? Or maybe it is a combination of the two?)

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X