Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of a business side of thing, but now that work has started I might as well ask. Exigents is pretty plainly atypical for an exalt book, with how scattered and different they are and that it's more of a guide to charm design plus three mini exalt types with some bare bones stuff. Given that, is it still going to keep on track like a regular book would, so the kickstarter happens around early next year when lunars is coming out, or is it safe to assume it'll be a few months later then normal?

Comment

• Random thought: Given the unique metaphysics of Creation, is an animal that can...well, not thrive, but survive in the Underworld inherently magical for the purposes of Lunar shape acquisition?

Comment

• Can a Dragon-Blooded have several subordinates marked with Benevolent Master’s Blessing at the same time? The charm lacks the stackable keyword, but do multiple separate activations (on different individuals) count as stacking the charm?

Comment

• There was an old bit of lore that there were 13 gates to Malfeas in creation that could be accessed--is there something comparable that makes visiting hell possible, or is the Basalt City more like Yu Shuan then the Wyld/Underworld in that it is distant and unlikely to intersect?

I know We Know the Devil is part of the inspiration for Infernals, but have any other works cropped up as touchstones for their direction?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
          Many Limbed Manual
          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Fighting chains are medium-class weapons constituting a weighted head (blunt or bladed) on the end of a chain, yes?

How does this compare to European flail, or chained mace? Would it be represented differently, as a Melee weapon? Or is so impractical as a weapon that you need a Martial Art to use it, and thus it's not really any different from a Chinese meteor hammer?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              Fighting chains are medium-class weapons constituting a weighted head (blunt or bladed) on the end of a chain, yes?

How does this compare to European flail, or chained mace? Would it be represented differently, as a Melee weapon? Or is so impractical as a weapon that you need a Martial Art to use it, and thus it's not really any different from a Chinese meteor hammer?
              Flails and maces are, I think, a conceptually separate thing from fighting chains.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                There was an old bit of lore that there were 13 gates to Malfeas in creation that could be accessed--is there something comparable that makes visiting hell possible, or is the Basalt City more like Yu Shuan then the Wyld/Underworld in that it is distant and unlikely to intersect?
                There are ways from Creation to Hell, some of which may be the same as those in past editions.

I know We Know the Devil is part of the inspiration for Infernals, but have any other works cropped up as touchstones for their direction?
                The Count of Monte Cristo—and V for Vendetta (the graphic novel, not the film), which I find to be a thematic echo of it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                  Can a Dragon-Blooded have several subordinates marked with Benevolent Master’s Blessing at the same time? The charm lacks the stackable keyword, but do multiple separate activations (on different individuals) count as stacking the charm?
                  You can have it on multiple people. Stacking would be using it on the same person.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                    More of a business side of thing, but now that work has started I might as well ask. Exigents is pretty plainly atypical for an exalt book, with how scattered and different they are and that it's more of a guide to charm design plus three mini exalt types with some bare bones stuff. Given that, is it still going to keep on track like a regular book would, so the kickstarter happens around early next year when lunars is coming out, or is it safe to assume it'll be a few months later then normal?
                    We don't have a specific date in mind, and there are factors that play into when Kickstarters go up unrelated to our end of things—mainly, Onyx Path's other Kickstarters. That said, Exigents is more or less a "regular" splatbook for those purposes, insomuch as regular exists.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      still about infernals and yozis. So,what is their Yozi's plan? why did they create the infernal exalted?
                      To hurt the gods and the world that betrayed them with the greatest weapon they know.

Were they a way for the Yozis to be free again? if so,how can the infernal exalted free their masters?
                      The Yozis cannot be freed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                        I know we won't be getting as much about the Yozis as in toto beings but rather focus on their souls in 3E, but will we get any new ones, or see more of the soul hierarchies of deuterocanonical Yozis like Qaf and Metagaos? I liked them.
                        We probably won't introduce new Yozis. There's a fair chance we'll see demons descended from Yozis who previously haven't had their demons written up.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          If I'm in close range with an enemy, can I use Soaring Zephyr Flight to jump straight up 2 range bands, or do I have to disengage first?
                          You can use it. The disengage requirement only applies to the basic "reflexive move" action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maseiken View Post
                            Couple of sacred hunt questions:

Is there any time constraint between the conclusion of the hunt and the consumption of heart’s blood? Is there one of the length of the method the killing blow takes?
                            No.

Poisons are one thing, but if a lunar infects their target with a terminal disease, and her target succumbs a week later, does she have to be present at the moment of his death?
                            Proximity isn't a requirement, just responsibility.

Can the heart’s blood be reconstituted if it’s no longer present in liquid form in the cadaver?
                            Snacking on a heartful of congealed blood is close enough.

Also: does anything break if you allow a Lunar to choose a different acquisition ritual to start with instead of the sacred hunt, rather than As-well-as?
                            It's a significant part of Lunar thematics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                              Does a lunar need to specifically extract the blood from a targets heart?
                              Or can the lunar, for example, be a trex and declare the hunt and eat the target whole to get their shape?
                              You have to ingest the blood (or closest analogue) that is inside of their heart (or closest analogue). As long as you get that done, any other details are irrelevant.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                                Do Han-Tha and Filial Wisdom still exist or were they eaten by Raksi on a plate like a babe?
                                We haven't made firm decisions either way. I like Han-Tha, but I think Filial Wisdom would need some reconceptualization to be usable.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X