This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rj.au View Post
    I notice that Mahalanka has been moved north. What was the reason behind that?
    That was a decision made by the previous developers. I don't know the reason behind it.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
      Are the Sovereigns the black market or "dirty bomb" exigents?
      The latter. (Although we're not planning to use either of those terms in the book; we have provisional terminology in place, but it's subject to change during development.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can wyld pockets inside Creation proper lead to Pure Chaos ? I mean, I have been reading that under Creation is the Wyld and that Creation is thin and so on, so I was therefore wondering if such a Wyld pocket could lead to pure chaos even if said pocket is surrounded by Creation on all sides.

In advance, thank you very much if you take the time to answer this !

Comment

• In regards to the whole gap between legendary size lunars in animal forms that have stats that don't mechanically make sense, is there any plans to fix this so it works? Will this also apply to using legendary size on humanoid forms, maybe in the way of bonuses to feats of strength or something else?
          If not, how would you go about the issue of say, legendary size cat not really feeling mechanically like said size?
          Thanks for you time as always, Vance and Minton.

Comment

• How mechanically would being legendary size in a human form and throwing a boulder as a weapon work?
            Is it a safe bet one should use siege weapon stats maybe? Or something else?

Comment

In regards to the whole gap between legendary size lunars in animal forms that have stats that don't mechanically make sense, is there any plans to fix this so it works? Will this also apply to using legendary size on humanoid forms, maybe in the way of bonuses to feats of strength or something else?
              If not, how would you go about the issue of say, legendary size cat not really feeling mechanically like said size?
              Thanks for you time as always, Vance and Minton.
              http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...evs-v2/page116

They said Mountainous Spirit Expression is on the list to fix.

Comment

How mechanically would being legendary size in a human form and throwing a boulder as a weapon work?
                Is it a safe bet one should use siege weapon stats maybe? Or something else?
                I'd call them improvised heavy Thrown weapons. They don't really work the same way as siege weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus K View Post
                  Can wyld pockets inside Creation proper lead to Pure Chaos ? I mean, I have been reading that under Creation is the Wyld and that Creation is thin and so on, so I was therefore wondering if such a Wyld pocket could lead to pure chaos even if said pocket is surrounded by Creation on all sides.

In advance, thank you very much if you take the time to answer this !
                  Pure Chaos is no longer a category of Wyld, but you could have an islet of the Wyld within Creation that's deep Wyld at its heart.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                    So, "The Yozi's Cannot Be Freed" is basically a metaphysical law of Creation now. Does the average demon worshipper (if such a thing exists) know this? And just how many cities have been destroyed by cultists who think they "found a loophole"?
                    The average demon cultist worships demons, not the Yozis. Direct veneration of one or more Yozis is going to be vanishingly rare, and of that small subset, even fewer are going to be concerned with freeing them.

Also, if the Yozis can't be freed, can they...

...drag Creation (or portions thereof) into Hell with them?

...reach out through the bars?

...throw things out at Creation? That is, non-Infernal Exalted things?

...stop being Yozis?
                    Rather than dancing through the semantics, I'd emphasize the design-level reasons why the Yozis can't escape.

As Grabowski noted back when Games of Divinity first came out, "the Yozis are escaping!" is the most obvious plot you can run with a bunch of apocalyptic god-monsters sealed away in a prison-hell. Explicitly stating that, no, that's not happening, is the best way to get people to consider using the Yozis for other narrative purposes in their games.

The other main reason is that focusing on big apocalyptic scenarios like "the Yozis are escaping!" means that anything that isn't a big apocalyptic scenario - stuff like local geopolitics, warring city-states, the ambitions of princes, stuff that's classic Exalted fare - becomes a footnote. We saw that with late Second Edition, and we don't want that to happen again.

If you want to test the limits of the restriction on the Yozis escaping, or just ignore it altogether, in your own game, that's absolutely fine, but it helps to understand the reason why that restriction is there.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So I have a question about Exigence, as in the Exigence itself. What is an Exigence, if I am the god of paperweights and The Unconquered Sun gave me one what does he give me? It has been stated it is can be stolen or sold so is it a object (or stored in a object)? Are they all unique or are the all similar?

Could the other Incarnae make their own versions (and choose not to) of Exigence or is this something only Sol can do?

Also what role does the Sidereals play in the lives of Exigents? Considering they have some sort of prison for ‘illegal’ ones in Pneuma under the Nail.

Comment

• Were members of the Niobraran Alliance allies of the Exalted Host during the Divine Revolution, or was there an element of revanchism in their cause?

Comment

• In a sense, isn't any time a second or third circle demon is in creation a time when the Yozis are "reaching out through the bars"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            In a sense, isn't any time a second or third circle demon is in creation a time when the Yozis are "reaching out through the bars"?
                            Second and third circle demons are the souls of the yozis, not the yozis themselves.
                            Technically at least.

Hey Vance, in the highly unlikely, but possible, event that a second circle demon is given the task of taking an infernal exaltation to the candidate (assuming the coajutor is still a thing, I hope it is). what would happen to the Yozi in question? Would it count as the demon dying effectively? Still count as existing?

Comment

• I have a few more questions that I'm hoping won't be too onerous.

1. The core book mentions that those studying the Deathlords estimate there are 5-12, so given that there are many other gods and spirits who are both very powerful and connected intimately with death and the Underworld, how do they identify potential Deathlords? Do they have a means of testing or probing an entity for a metaphysical quality common between Deathlords but not other denizens of the Underworld? Or is this based on actually infiltrating the Underworld and observing behaviours?

2. Other than the Deathlords, who is actually aware of the existance or nature of the Neverborn?

3. How did the Neverborn end up trapped in the Labyrinth beneath the Underworld?

4. In terms of metaphysics, what prevents their leaving the Labyrinth? Could some part of a Neverborn escape, like the remnants of a fetich soul or some other fragment?

Also, many thanks to Robert Vance and Eric Minton for continuing to support us with these answers!

Comment

• Hello devs. Is Compass Autocthonia compatible with Ex3?

Join the Strife

Comment

Working...
                                X