This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
    So the Shellback Lizard (Anklyosaurs) doesn't have Heaven Thunder Hammer like the non-Legendary Size Pestletail.

Do you feel that the Pestletail's special attack should be treated as a Magical Attack that only Pestletail familiars should be able to learn?
    It's a powerful ability that I wouldn't want to overproliferate.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
      Was the death of the pre-Hearteater Exalteds' Incarna the cause or the result of what made them Hearteaters? Or was there no direct causal relationship, just both of them a result of the war, and probably making easier the whichever came second?
      It wasn't the direct cause, and the death of the Incarna that created them is, in part, a detail included to convey that killing an Incarna won't stop their Chosen.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
        In 3e, gods do not spring into being to fill roles; the Celestial Bureaucracy determines what roles exist and assigns gods to fill those roles.
        Which I guess makes the Celestial Bureaucracy and corruption all the more dangerous if particular roles, or the paperwork for them, are lost in the shuffle.

Also, if a new god did need to be made for a specific role, one that one of the unemployed gods wouldn't be suited for, would that be one of the Incarnae who would create that god?
        Last edited by Uknown DarkLord; 06-18-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
          A couple of questions about the Tyrant Lizard’s Terrifying Dragon Roar Latent Ability:

1. If you manage to crash a foe with it, do you get the initiative break after you Reset (and keep the +5 Init) or do you get it before you Reset (and thus do not benefit from it)?
          I think a good rule of thumb is to assume that Initiative Breaks don't go to waste unless specified otherwise.

2. Can you combine Terrifying Dragon Roar with the Predator’s Menace Latent ability to strip 2 initiative per point that you beat a foe’s resolve?

Many thanks!
          The two effects are compatible as written.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

Which I guess makes the Celestial Bureaucracy and corruption all the more dangerous if particular roles, or the paperwork for them, are lost in the shuffle.

Also, if a new god did need to be made for a specific role, one that one of the unemployed gods wouldn't be suited for, would that be one of the Incarnae who would create that god?
            While we haven't yet discussed the specifics of how new gods are created, the Celestial Incarnae are almost definitely too busy taking their leisure at the Games of Divinity to attend to such concerns.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So two patrons questions-

What exactly are the Five Elemental Dragons doing in modern times? Like, we know that the Celestial Incarna sit in Yu Shan and play the Games of Divinity from one side, and personally (at least, the Sun and Luna) grant Exaltation to their Chosen. But the Dragons seems to be much less involved in the Exaltation and life of the Dragon-Blooded. So are they doing something, taking a dominant role (well, as dominant as the Incarna) in the Elemental Courts? Or do they just stay asleep?

As for the second question- if the long dead creator of the Hearteaters were to see what their Chosen became, how would they react? Disgusted? Interested? Thrilled?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                So two patrons questions-

What exactly are the Five Elemental Dragons doing in modern times? Like, we know that the Celestial Incarna sit in Yu Shan and play the Games of Divinity from one side, and personally (at least, the Sun and Luna) grant Exaltation to their Chosen. But the Dragons seems to be much less involved in the Exaltation and life of the Dragon-Blooded. So are they doing something, taking a dominant role (well, as dominant as the Incarna) in the Elemental Courts? Or do they just stay asleep?
                We've not yet addressed the activities or lack thereof of the Five Elemental Dragons in text, but plan to do so in the future, so I'll hold off on saying something here that might end up tying our hands down the road.

As for the second question- if the long dead creator of the Hearteaters were to see what their Chosen became, how would they react? Disgusted? Interested? Thrilled?
                Horrified.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is Dragon Armor still a thing?

Comment

• While you’ve said the optional Exalts might get additional material later if there’s enough interest would you be okay just doing one and not all then? Like if Heart-eaters are a fan favorite but nobody likes Umbals would you do a Heart-eater book only?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      We've not yet addressed the activities or lack thereof of the Five Elemental Dragons in text, but plan to do so in the future, so I'll hold off on saying something here that might end up tying our hands down the road.
                      This is a hypothetical, so hopefully doesn't touch too much on these toes, but if, say, the Lunars really did figure out a a way to genocide the DBs, would there be a reaction from the Dragons? Like, would they be royally pissed at the Lunars and make trouble?

Comment

• If one of my circlemates uses the lunar charm Sharing Luna’s Gifts on me when I am in one of my animal shapes, does only that shape change? And does it do so permanently?

Comment

• How many people actually know about The Regent and his activities with the Immaculate texts? The fact the Mouth of Peace has issued a proclamation saying that it is a valid style of worship sort of makes it seem like he's just wandering around pleasuring himself in public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post

This is a hypothetical, so hopefully doesn't touch too much on these toes, but if, say, the Lunars really did figure out a a way to genocide the DBs, would there be a reaction from the Dragons? Like, would they be royally pissed at the Lunars and make trouble?
                            That sounds like a decision for the Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                              While you’ve said the optional Exalts might get additional material later if there’s enough interest would you be okay just doing one and not all then? Like if Heart-eaters are a fan favorite but nobody likes Umbals would you do a Heart-eater book only?
                              Right now we have enough scheduled books on our plate that it doesn't make sense to speculate about hypothetical books.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can Supplemental Charms be used on a Simple Charm? I don't know why, but I am having a hard time finding this answer.

Also, do Reflexive Charms that create Clash cost you your 1 Combat action per turn?
                                Last edited by Hoagie101; 06-19-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X